Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Difficulty accessing documents on Ancestry.com

  • john armstrong
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2008
      ricard garner arived in 1637 in westmoreland co; va along with his son john who marred susannna  keene
      ;john

      porkchop; check this genealogy site out looking 4 kin

      From: Lisa Keene &lt;keenetrio@yahoo. com&gt;

      To: genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com

      Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 3:01 PM

      I too have been having problems with Ancestry.com! !

      I finally called a tech there, cause I would freeze every time on certain pages.

      Even on "CONTACT US"-LOL!

      They have me turning off my idenity protection/the phlisher(sp)

      Then after I am done, my PC starts messing up.

      I had just joined &amp; this started happening!

      Eveyone needs to contact them and complain.

      Lisa

      patricktree68 &lt;patricktree68@ yahoo.com&gt; wrote:

      Try deleting all cookies, internet temp files. Also look at deleting

      programs that you do not use. I turn off screen saver (mine is not

      the windows version) After I do all this I run scan disk and

      defrag. that usually help. It all ways happens at this time of

      year. I work at a school and you would be surprized what I put on

      and use for a few weeks and then forget.

      Shirley patrick

      \

      --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, michael wolcott

      &lt;mikewolcott@ ...&gt; wrote:

      &gt;

      &gt; I've noticed that my computer freezes when I go into certain

      aspects of ancestry.com

      &gt;

      &gt; A good example is the obituary page - I have to

      control+alt+ delete to get out of

      &gt; ancestry a number of times - but only at home. Luckily at work I

      have access

      &gt; and I seem to have no problem with it freezing at work - they

      have a much

      &gt; bigger system than mine.

      &gt;

      &gt; I always thought it had something to do with my computer - and

      I'm still not certain because

      &gt; ancestry.com and I had never had a problem before until this

      year...now it is a bit

      &gt; frustrating at times.

      &gt;

      &gt; Mike

      &gt;

      &gt; J H &lt;handick. family@ ...&gt; wrote:

      &gt; It may just be me, but after being away from my research

      for about 5 months (mother-in-law has been very ill), when I resumed

      a few days ago I noticed that I'm now having a lot of problems trying

      to access documents on Ancestry.com. I can pull up their page where

      they summarize the info on the original document, but when it comes

      to viewing a copy of the actual document - forget it! About 95% of

      the time the page doesn't respond &amp; I sit in front of the computer

      for close to 5 minutes, then hit the good old control/alt/ delete

      combination &amp; find out "page not responding". DUH! I know it's not

      responding!

      &gt;

      &gt; My question is this: has anyone else had these problems with

      Ancestry.com or is it just me &amp; my computer? Other sites seem to work

      fine. It's just Ancestry that I'm having problems with. Oh, and when

      I thought, "I'll email them about this issue," &amp; tried to click on

      the "contact us" link, guess what. THE PAGE DIDN'T RESPOND! Imagine

      that!

      &gt;

      &gt; Suggestions anyone???

      &gt;

      &gt; TIA

      &gt;

      &gt; Blessings,

      &gt; JoannH

      &gt;

      &gt; With God all things are possible.

      &gt;

      &gt; handick.family@ ...

      &gt;

      &gt;

      &gt; [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]