Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Difficulty accessing documents on Ancestry.com

  • Lisa Keene
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2008
      when they came over they started in Virgina

      john armstrong <hotrod195378237@...> wrote: woodyour family be out of maryland or vigina and do you have any garner in your tree

      porkchop   check this genealogy site out     looking 4 kin

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2008
        ricard garner arived in 1637 in westmoreland co; va along with his son john who marred susannna  keene
        ;john

        porkchop; check this genealogy site out looking 4 kin

        when they came over they started in Virgina

        john armstrong <hotrod195378237@ yahoo.com> wrote: woodyour family be out of maryland or vigina and do you have any garner in your tree

        porkchop&nbsp; &nbsp; check this genealogy site out&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; looking 4 kin

        I too have been having problems with Ancestry.com! !

        I finally called a tech there, cause I would freeze every time on certain pages.

        Even on "CONTACT US"-LOL!

        They have me turning off my idenity protection/the phlisher(sp)

        Then after I am done, my PC starts messing up.

        I had just joined &amp; this started happening!

        \

        --- In genealogyresearchcl ub@yahoogroups. com, michael wolcott

        &lt;mikewolcott@ ...&gt; wrote:

        &gt;

        &gt; I've noticed that my computer freezes when I go into certain

        aspects of ancestry.com

        &gt;

        &gt; A good example is the obituary page - I have to

        control+alt+ delete to get out of

        &gt; ancestry a number of times - but only at home. Luckily at work I

        have access

        &gt; and I seem to have no problem with it freezing at work - they

        have a much

        &gt; bigger system than mine.

        &gt;

        &gt; I always thought it had something to do with my computer - and

        I'm still not certain because

        &gt; ancestry.com and I had never had a problem before until this

        year...now it is a bit

        &gt; frustrating at times.

        &gt;

        &gt; Mike

        &gt;

        &gt; J H &lt;handick. family@ ...&gt; wrote:

        &gt; It may just be me, but after being away from my research

        for about 5 months (mother-in-law has been very ill), when I resumed

        a few days ago I noticed that I'm now having a lot of problems trying

        to access documents on Ancestry.com. I can pull up their page where

        they summarize the info on the original document, but when it comes

        to viewing a copy of the actual document - forget it! About 95% of

        the time the page doesn't respond &amp; I sit in front of the computer

        for close to 5 minutes, then hit the good old control/alt/ delete

        combination &amp; find out "page not responding". DUH! I know it's not

        responding!

        &gt;

        &gt; My question is this: has anyone else had these problems with

        Ancestry.com or is it just me &amp; my computer? Other sites seem to work

        fine. It's just Ancestry that I'm having problems with. Oh, and when

        I thought, "I'll email them about this issue," &amp; tried to click on

        the "contact us" link, guess what. THE PAGE DIDN'T RESPOND! Imagine

        that!

        &gt;

        &gt; Suggestions anyone???

        &gt;

        &gt; TIA

        &gt;

        &gt; Blessings,

        &gt; JoannH

        &gt;

        &gt; With God all things are possible.

        &gt;

        &gt; handick.family@ ...

        &gt;

        &gt;

        &gt; [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]