Another new person looking for help

  • angelfromheaven92410
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28 9:15 AM
      Hi there this is amy L , I'm looking for some help on 2 differ issues
      in my family tree , here's the issues.

      McAnerin Family history: my gggrandfather Francis Humphrey McAnerin
      birth unknown and death unknown married Lily May Beaven (b.nov 22
      1887 Ontario, Canada - d.july 18 1974 Los Angeles, Ca )

      And that's where the tree stops it's like a dead end.

      here's the only kid that I found and was my ggrandfather Francis Earl
      McAnerin Jr (born: dec 22 1873 in Maninolba, Canada and died Mov 17
      1937 in Canada) he married Jennie Grace Young born also in canada and
      died in Fontana, Ca USA

      hope you can help me on this
      side not there is a picture my mom has of Francis Earl McAnerin
      wear and i'm thing Army outfit of some sort.

      Ok the next thing I'm having issues with is:
      Surname smith
      I know I know there's tons of them then why i'm I comming to a dead
      end I ask myself, so here's this story.

      James Asberry Smith (b. oct 7 1863 in Sebastian, Missouri, USA - d.
      Mar 19 1940 in Gould, Harmon, OK USA) Married Cora May Teague (b. jun
      29 1869 in Alexander, NC, USA - d. Jun 14 1919 in Liberty, Gould, OK
      USA )

      My issue is I can't find any link from James Asberry Smith and his
      line of the tree

      James and cora had 4 kids that i know of and they are 4 boys Carl,
      Ralph, Allen o. ,Fred O.

      Ralph(born: jan 25 1897) married a Helen last name unknown

      Allen Orson married an Iva Haynes
      and his brother Fred O.(Oct 3 1903 - d. Sep 10 1962) married Iva's
      sister Thelma Haynes

      Allen (Dec 12 1898 - July 22 1974 ) was born in Monten, Texas

      Hope you guys can help me with these 2 issues!
      thanks a bunch, amy L
    • Barbara Sack
      Message 2 of 6 , May 28 3:38 PM
        Hi Amy
        Using ancestry.com, I found a Francis Humphrey M or H McAnerin born
        in England in first quarter of 1874 (tried to see orig doc and had
        browser problems; will send info directly to you once I have my
        browser windows all open again). I also found McAnerins in Manitoba,
        Canada, town of Brandon as I recall. But there's something worng
        with your dates below, if I'm reading them right. You say Francis
        Earl (gggrand) was born in 1873 in Manitoba; but all the McAnerins I found in
        Canada arrived after that date - 1887 and 1897 if I remember
        right. In the 1906 census, I found Francis (Frances) and Herbert,
        same age, married to Alice. Also, if Francis eventually married Lily
        May who was b. 1887, how would they have a child in 1873? Have I
        misread something?

        Barbara

        At 09:15 AM 5/28/2008, you wrote:

        >Hi there this is amy L , I'm looking for some help on 2 differ issues
        >in my family tree , here's the issues.
        >
        >McAnerin Family history: my gggrandfather Francis Humphrey McAnerin
        >birth unknown and death unknown married Lily May Beaven (b.nov 22
        >1887 Ontario, Canada - d.july 18 1974 Los Angeles, Ca )
        >
        >And that's where the tree stops it's like a dead end.
        >
        >here's the only kid that I found and was my ggrandfather Francis Earl
        >McAnerin Jr (born: dec 22 1873 in Maninolba, Canada and died Mov 17
        >1937 in Canada) he married Jennie Grace Young born also in canada and
        >died in Fontana, Ca USA
        >
        >hope you can help me on this
        >side not there is a picture my mom has of Francis Earl McAnerin
        >wear and i'm thing Army outfit of some sort.

      • Amy Lehman
        Message 3 of 6 , May 29 8:11 AM
          I'm so glad somone else has took on the task of the McAnerin Family,lol
          See when I was grown up, that family , kept to them selfs , it's like my
          great grandma Young didn't want anyone to know about the McAnerin side of
          the family because , it was told to me by my grandma that her and her
          brothers and sister left there dad and came to the USA from canada cause
          Jennie was hit on alot from Francis , cause for what I hear he liked to
          drink, so because she had so much hate about the whole issue she pretty much
          didn't like talking about that side of the family. So the dates you are
          finding can be true, and for a lady name Alice and have not even heard of
          her, Lily M Beaven McAnerin is on findagrave by looking under surname of
          McAnerin, the picture of her on the site was found in the family album and
          we have the newspaper clipping that post her birth and death, and a member
          of find a grave found her grave in the place I told her it would be found
          and they took the picture for me. but like a said this whole McAnerin family
          thing got me lost, and I would love to know info about them, thanks for
          taking time out to help me.

          On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Barbara Sack <bsack@...> wrote:

          > Hi Amy
          > Using ancestry.com, I found a Francis Humphrey M or H McAnerin born
          > in England in first quarter of 1874 (tried to see orig doc and had
          > browser problems; will send info directly to you once I have my
          > browser windows all open again). I also found McAnerins in Manitoba,
          > Canada, town of Brandon as I recall. But there's something worng
          > with your dates below, if I'm reading them right. You say Francis
          > Earl (gggrand) was born in 1873 in Manitoba; but all the McAnerins I found
          > in
          > Canada arrived after that date - 1887 and 1897 if I remember
          > right. In the 1906 census, I found Francis (Frances) and Herbert,
          > same age, married to Alice. Also, if Francis eventually married Lily
          > May who was b. 1887, how would they have a child in 1873? Have I
          > misread something?
          >
          > Barbara
          >
          > At 09:15 AM 5/28/2008, you wrote:
          >
          > >Hi there this is amy L , I'm looking for some help on 2 differ issues
          > >in my family tree , here's the issues.
          > >
          > >McAnerin Family history: my gggrandfather Francis Humphrey McAnerin
          > >birth unknown and death unknown married Lily May Beaven (b.nov 22
          > >1887 Ontario, Canada - d.july 18 1974 Los Angeles, Ca )
          > >
          > >And that's where the tree stops it's like a dead end.
          > >
          > >here's the only kid that I found and was my ggrandfather Francis Earl
          > >McAnerin Jr (born: dec 22 1873 in Maninolba, Canada and died Mov 17
          > >1937 in Canada) he married Jennie Grace Young born also in canada and
          > >died in Fontana, Ca USA
          > >
          > >hope you can help me on this
          > >side not there is a picture my mom has of Francis Earl McAnerin
          > >wear and i'm thing Army outfit of some sort.

          The Many Colors of a Bombshell

          Cherry Red
          Were her lips (they were painted)
          Snow white
          Was her skin (poundered with foundation)
          Baby blue
          Were her eyes (the only real aspect of her face)
          She was Marilyn Monroe (not taken seriously)

        • Barbara Sack
          Message 4 of 6 , May 30 1:10 AM
            At 09:15 AM 5/28/2008, you wrote:

            >Hi there this is amy L , I'm looking for some help on 2 differ issues
            >in my family tree , here's the issues.
            >
            >McAnerin Family history: my gggrandfather Francis Humphrey McAnerin
            >birth unknown and death unknown

            Francis Humphrey M McAnerin b Jan Feb or Mar, 1877, Barnet District,
            Greater London, Hertfordshire, Middlesex (references vol 3a, page
            160; unsure what this is, see "how to get a birth cert" below.

            From ancestry:
            <http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8912&enc=1>England &
            Wales, FreeBMD Birth Index: 1837-1983 Births Registered in Jan Feb
            and Mar 1877 p 340
            To learn how to get a birth certificate, see
            http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8912&enc=1

            >married Lily May Beaven (b.nov 22
            >1887 Ontario, Canada - d.july 18 1974 Los Angeles, Ca )

            Ancestry shows her name as Emma Lily Beaven, same birth date; it
            shows her name as Lily E in the CA Death Index.

            I found where Alma Inez Wallen nee McAnerin and her son William Jr
            crossed into the US via Detroit 7-27-1932. She gave as a reference
            her father Frank McAnerin, Coburg, Ontario, CA. If you would like me
            to email you a copy of this direct to your email address, please let
            me know. I won't send it (it will be an attachment) unless you say
            it's okay and that you've "cleared" my email address so it will go through.
            I didn't find where Frank and/or Lily crossed, nor have I found them
            in any census.

            >here's the only kid that I found and was my ggrandfather Francis Earl
            >McAnerin Jr (born: dec 22 1873 in Maninolba, Canada and died Mov 17
            >1937 in Canada) he married Jennie Grace Young born also in canada and
            >died in Fontana, Ca USA
            >
            >hope you can help me on this
            >side not there is a picture my mom has of Francis Earl McAnerin
            >wear and i'm thing Army outfit of some sort.

            I didn't find a Francis Earl, though I did find a Francis, in the
            1906 Manitoba census. Also, there's a record of a Benjamin McAnerin
            who joined the Canadian army in WWI, April 17, 1916, who was born
            June 9, 1874, in the same English town as Francis Humphrey above, and
            who lived in the same Canadian town as Francis and Herbert McAnerin,
            and Herbert's sister MaryJane - in Brandon, Manitoba. Benjamin gave
            his next of kin as his brother Walter. But I don't find a Benjamin
            or Walter in the Canadian census. Benjamin gives his trade as farmer
            and sailor; he didn't remain long in the army evidently.

            I looked again at the England/Wales Birth Index 1837 and found the
            following McAnerins, all in the same town of Barnet as given above;
            all reference vol 3a:
            Name/Birth Year/Quarter Registered
            Benjamin 1870 JulyAugSept (d 2 Sept 1927, Victoria BC)
            Catherine Sarah 1865 OctNovDec
            David 1860 JanFebMar
            Francis Humphrey M 1874 JanFebMar
            Herbert Joseph 1875 OctNovDec (d 24 July 1954, Victoria BC)
            Mary Jane 1869 JanFebMar
            Walter Robert 1871 JulyAugSept

            Ancestry's Ontario Canada Deaths 1869-1934 shows the death of Dorothy
            Lily McAneran Byers, b. approx 1912, d. 12 Sept 1933, father Frank
            McAneran, mother Lily Beaven, in York.
            and Edith McAnerin b. approx 1915, d. 7 July 1933, father
            (transcribed Mark, but orig death cert shows Frank), mother
            (transcribed Lelian Bevan). Are these yours?

            I don't have complete access to Canadian records; I have no family
            that came from or through there, so didn't get that add-on. Perhaps
            someone else who subscribes to the full Canadian census can get
            additional info. You might also try the LDS site, familysearch.org.

            Hope this helps.
            Barbara
          • Barbara Sack
            Message 5 of 6 , May 30 3:08 PM
              Hi again Amy,
              Here's a really neat listing of the family in England, with more info
              than the census showed, or was readable in the census. If you can't
              paste the whole thing, go to worldvitalrecords.com, click on the free
              1881 UK census and search on the family name. Found the link at
              findagrave. Barbara

              http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/zsearch.aspx?ix=uk1881census&qt=l&zfn=&zln=mcanerin&Submit=++Search++&kbid=1128&cpn=myap1128

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 9, 2008
                Hi Amy, I sent several emails direct to you, some with attachments,
                about a week and a half ago. Did you get them?

                Barbara