New to group - need help with S. America research

  • Louise Warner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2008
      Hi all,

      Does anyone know how to go about finding (online) the date of birth of
      a person who was born in Colombia, South America? My grandmother was
      born around 1900, probably in Bogota, and died young in 1936 or 1937.
      She was fairly well-known during her times because she had her own
      radio station. I have googled until my fingers are sore, but so far
      have not found anything about birth records or certificates. My
      father's family is all from Ecuador and Colombia, and I have a lot of
      information from familysearch.org. I have my own genealogy website,
      and I do speak Spanish.

      Thanks for your help!
      Louise
    • Stacey Olsen
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2008
        have you checked RootsWeb? I know that they have S. American resources....

        http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/
        http://www.worldgenweb.org/~southamericangenweb/

        _____