Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Finding a prison inmate

  • Lisa Keene
    Message 1 of 12 , May 20, 2008
      i have one for the books how does a person disappear for 30 years?
      Could they have been in prison??
      How do you find out about the Texas inmates
      1900-1930?
      Both my grandfather & great uncle disappeared for 30 years.
      Last census they were in was 1900.
      Then my grandfather shows up in the 1930 census, married, and living in Calif. along with my great uncle.
      Lisa

      Ms Brandy Sacco <eusbls@...> wrote:
      Liz,
      I tried finding information and this is what I came up
      with:

      http://www.fgs.org/rpa/AzCore.htm
      there is information about Arizona prison records.
      At the bottom of the page there is a link for "contact
      us". I think you might be able to get someone to look
      information for you.

      http://www.sos.ca.gov/archives/archives_e.htm
      This has links for CA prison records, and has a
      "contact us".

      Good Luck!
      Brandy

    • Sue
      Message 2 of 12 , May 20, 2008
        Texas Department of Criminal Justice
        List of All Offenders on Death Row 1923-1973
        http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/prefurman/all.htm

        Sue
        Don't be afraid, cemetery ghosts are only genealogists with lanterns.
        Ancestor Hunters Genealogy Group
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ancestorhunters/

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Keene