New member needs help

  • k2c19
    Message 1 of 5 , May 13, 2008
      Hi all,
      My name is Sharon and I am new to the group. I am currently working
      on the brick wall for my great grandfather's family from Germany. I
      thought I had broken through the wall only to find another wall facing
      me. Tonight I checked ancestry's Hamburg Passenger List for my Rudolf
      Klag. I found him with the town listed as Bohnsfeld, Reinpfalz. Upon
      checking, I can find no such town in Germany. Can anyone offer
      suggestions, or take a look at the ancestry site to see if I am reading
      it wrong?

      Many thanks,
      Sharon (k2c19)
    • Mar Koster
      Message 2 of 5 , May 14, 2008
        Hello Sharon,

        The place you are looking for is probably Bohnsfeld near Heilbronn.

        Greetings

        Mar

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2008
          This might be it:

          http://tinyurl.com/6haebe

          The name might also have been spelled just Bohn.

          Stubby

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "k2c19" <k2c19@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          > My name is Sharon and I am new to the group. I am currently working
          > on the brick wall for my great grandfather's family from Germany. I
          > thought I had broken through the wall only to find another wall facing
          > me. Tonight I checked ancestry's Hamburg Passenger List for my Rudolf
          > Klag. I found him with the town listed as Bohnsfeld, Reinpfalz. Upon
          > checking, I can find no such town in Germany. Can anyone offer
          > suggestions, or take a look at the ancestry site to see if I am reading
          > it wrong?
          >
          > Many thanks,
          > Sharon (k2c19)

        • Cheri Reeves
          Message 4 of 5 , May 20, 2008
            There is a town in Rheinland Phalz not far from Ramstein airbase by the name of Lohnsfeld. It is possible the person taking down names on the manifest simply misheard the L as a B.

            Cheri Reeves
            Also new member

          • k2c19
            Message 5 of 5 , May 22, 2008
              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Cheri Reeves
              <cheriker@...> wrote:

              > There is a town in Rheinland Phalz not far from Ramstein airbase by
              the name of Lohnsfeld. It is possible the person taking down names
              on the manifest simply misheard the L as a B.

              > Cheri Reeves
              > Also new member

              I must say thank you to everyone. I have finally broken through a
              brick wall! Thanks to your help I have found my great grandfather in
              Lohnsfeld (not Bohnsfeld as recorded). I not only found him, but
              also two of his brothers and his parents. An added bonus was
              learning his mother's maiden name. My next step will be trying to
              locate more siblings as there is a 9 year gap between two of the
              siblings. As a neewbie to this group, I once again send a great big
              thank you to all! This is a fantastic group!! I just hope that I
              can help one of you with a brick wall in return.

              Thanks again

              Sharon

              k2c19