Re: [Genealogy Research Club] adoption

  • claire frustine
    Message 1 of 4 , May 12, 2008
      I found out years ago that I was the 5th child born to my mother and while she was alive she wouldn't talk about it but I know she was very young. My dad raised my sister and I
      and before she had us she had 3 boys,One was a MD in Chicago he died around 1981??, and the other two boys ?? According to mother went down to Texas with a fruit peddler and his wife who came up north to sell in the summer months?? Sis and I were born in 1952 and 53 and the boys were much older, Mother was born in 1927 and ran away and married in her early teens 14-15 ,She lived in Chicago all of her life, Then passed in 2002 from kidney failure from
      type two diabetes I'm always looking I know they passed children around with out alot of legal involvement back then, No money to pay legal fee's My aunt slipped and mentioned the doctor brother that died about two weeks after I saw the obit but mom walked in and she shut up quick, Now she's gone too ;o( So I keep on looking some day before I'm gone
      I had type one diabetes since age 12 and required organ transplants ,Doing ok for now but you never know nothing last forever! I have 5 grandsons that are the joys of my life, My
      daughter has four and my son one but they split up so I don't see much of him which is really sad for me, Well Thats it for now see if a Helen Zyblowicz (Wallace), (Birkbeck) fits in any where thats the fun part all I found was a 1930 census with the name spelled wrong but by now I realize all the names are spelled wrong Zabalowicz??? Good luck
      mommal1987 <mommal1987@...> wrote:
      I know adoption is not part of genealogy but my grandpa who is in his
      70s just found out he is adopted! I have researched his family for
      years when I found out he was adopted and it is a total blow. I would
      like to know if anybody knows about trying to find birth parents from
      April 2, 1938. If anybody has any tips, websites, or anything that
      would help me that would be great. Thank you Lyndsey Holm

    • Lyndsey Holm
      Message 2 of 4 , May 13, 2008
        My grandpas name is Harvey Jerold Holm. He was born on
        April 2, 1938. His adoptive parents were Harvey Holm
        and Mildred Jeanette Gabel. His adoptive parents had a
        doctor living with him at the time and his name was
        Stan Marshell. I don't know if he deliverd my grandpa
        but it could of been. This all happend in Chicago, IL
        Cook county. This is all I know, I no nothing more
        then my grandpas birthdate, place and adoptive
        parents. Some of these things could even be wrong.

        mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com