Illinois vital records

  • Micki
    Message 1 of 8 , May 10, 2008
      Hi all, I sent a request (and check) for some records from the Illinois
      State archives. They cashed my check 2 months ago, but I have not
      received anything from them. Any ideas on how long this takes? There
      is no phone number to call them to check the status of my request.
      Please help if you can! I am just beginning and this is really holding
      me up.
    • keenetrio
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2008
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Micki" <cybeela@...>
        wrote:
        > I would start making calls someone would/should have a number for you
        to call. Plus send them another letter with a copy of the cancelled
        check. Make a copy of the letter also. registered mail!
        Good Luck
        Lisa
        > Hi all, I sent a request (and check) for some records from the
        Illinois
        > State archives. They cashed my check 2 months ago, but I have not
        > received anything from them. Any ideas on how long this takes?
        There
        > is no phone number to call them to check the status of my request.
        > Please help if you can! I am just beginning and this is really
        holding
        > me up.

      • kivets
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10, 2008
          Micki,

          Is this the place? If so there is a phone number here you can call them
          and check on your order. Hope this helps you some.

          Stevi Cay

          If you have other questions or need assistance,
          please send us an e-mail at DPH.Vitals@...
          <http://us.mc457.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=DPH.Vitals@...>
          or call 217-782-6553.

          Our office hours are
          Monday through Friday
          8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

          Illinois Department of Public Health
          Division of Vital Records
          605 W. Jefferson St.
          Springfield, IL 62702-5097

        • cybeela@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 11, 2008
            Thanks for your help!
            Micki

            please send us an e-mail at _DPH.Vitals@illinoisDPH._
            (mailto:DPH.Vitals@...)
            <_http://us.mc457.http://us.mhttp://us.mc457http://us.mc45http://ushtt_
            (http://us.mc457.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=DPH.Vitals@...) >
            or call 217-782-6553.

            Our office hours are
            Monday through Friday
            8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

            Illinois Department of Public Health
            Division of Vital Records
            605 W. Jefferson St.
            Springfield, IL 62702-5097

            favorites at AOL Food.

          • Forrest Plumstead
            Message 5 of 8 , May 11, 2008
              On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Micki <cybeela@...> wrote:

              > Hi all, I sent a request (and check) for some records from the Illinois
              > State archives. They cashed my check 2 months ago, but I have not
              > received anything from them. Any ideas on how long this takes? There
              > is no phone number to call them to check the status of my request.
              > Please help if you can! I am just beginning and this is really holding
              > me up.

              Here Micki try this:

              [image: 605 West Jefferson Street]

              Hope it helps!
              --
              Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
              PLUMSTEAD-L List master

            • Forrest Plumstead
              Message 6 of 8 , May 11, 2008
                On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Forrest Plumstead <fplum1@...>
                wrote:

                > On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Micki <cybeela@...> wrote:
                >
                >> Hi all, I sent a request (and check) for some records from the Illinois
                >>
                >> State archives. They cashed my check 2 months ago, but I have not
                >> received anything from them. Any ideas on how long this takes? There
                >> is no phone number to call them to check the status of my request.
                >> Please help if you can! I am just beginning and this is really holding
                >> me up.
                >>

                > Here Micki try this:

                217-782-6553

                tried cut & paste which did not work.

                > Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                > PLUMSTEAD-L List master
                > http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/p/plumstead.html
                > Plumstead and Associated Families:
                > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/%7Efplum/>
                > Military Kool Lynx: http://geocities.com/fplum/
                > Ham Radio WB5HQO http://forrest.3h.com/main.html
                > Photos: http://myspace.com/fplum7755

                --
                Forrest Plumstead fplum1@...
                PLUMSTEAD-L List master
                http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/surname/p/plumstead.html
                Plumstead and Associated Families:
                Photos: http://myspace.com/fplum7755

              • Kathy P
                Message 7 of 8 , May 11, 2008
                  When I ordered some copies from them, it only took about 2 weeks before I got them. You should call them - maybe they got lost in the mail.

                  Kathy
                  Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.
                  visit my family history website: http://dutraporter.tribalpages.com/

                • Art
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 13, 2008
                    Where you able to get your problem squared away ??

                    I don't think you can order directly from the Illinpis Archive
                    Database = there are directions telling you not to send them a check,
                    but to go to the county or IRAD for copies of records.

                    Art on the road in Milwaukee, WI

                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Kathy P <pkathy98@...>