Re: Seems I finally got through my brickwall.

  • jbaconsr
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2008
      Neither of those names look familiar. Are they French-Canadian by
      any chance? Our family started out as far north as MA and VT, but
      our branch did not get up into Canada or Nova Scotia. Other branches
      did though, and some of them migrated out into WI. When I was
      researching Christopher Bacon, he had travelled from NY to WI after
      the Civil War. He was in Adams couny around 1900 and several of the
      Bacons around that area were from ME.,and Nova Scotia. I will check
      on Ancestry for either of them and let you know if they have
      information. I don't have the Canandian subscription though.Sorry to
      be of so little help. Good luck.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Suanne" <tuomi2@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you happen to have a LeMarquis or Horatio Bacon in you line?
      >
      > Suanne
      >
      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "jbaconsr"
      <jbaconsr@> wrote:

      > > Thanks to Ancestry adding a new database to their list, I
      believe I
      > > have finally found the proof I need to establish Calvin Bacon's
      > > parentage. I have suspected his parents to be Isaiah Bacon and
      his
      > > first wife Eunice Powers of Vermont for some time, but there
      were
      > > birthyear issues. Most of the records from Northfield ,VT, where
      > > Calvin's birth was recorded listed his birthyear as 1782. Our
      Calvin
      > > was born in VT, but he was born in 1792. The only two Calvins
      born
      > > in VT were both listed as born 1782.One born to Asa Bacon and
      Rhoda
      > > Duhnam and died in 1783.One born to Isaiah Bacon and Eunice
      Powers.
      > > The Calvin born to Isaiah and Eunice had three siblings,all born
      in
      > > the 1790's.
      > > Anyway, in the new database, Calvin and his brother Isaiah both
      > > served in the War of 1812. Both list their birthplace as
      > > Washington,Orange co., VT. Isaiah born 1791 and Calvin born
      1792.
      > > Isaiah was a jr.,so the likelyhood was he was the son of the
      only
      > > Isaiah Bacon in Washington at the time.And Calvin had a brother
      > > named Isaiah.
      > > This is the same family as Sir Francis Bacon and I think
      distantly
      > > related to Nathaniel Bacon, the rebel.The genealogy for this
      family
      > > is well documented back to 1640 in America ,and to 1022 in
      Europe.