need help in Sullivan County Indiana any takers

  • Wanda
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2008
      My husbands grandparents were married in sullivan county Indiana 1897,
      June 6 I have a copy of a copy of "return of a marriage to county
      clerk" it does list his and her parents names. However, I can't make
      out his mothers name. I if someone could go take a look at the
      original or what they do have in way of application of marriage I would
      be forever in their debt.

      Jesse Alexander Goins married Margaret Gott his fathers name is William
      Goins and it looks like mother is Lew Webb or neff or something her
      father is Clinton Gott and mother something headly. signed by rev
      joseph smith

      I'd be more than happy to pay for any kind of expense you would incur
      to look at this for me.

      Thank you
      Wanda
    • Ms Brandy Sacco
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2008
        Try contacting the Indiana State Library. They have a
        genealogy division, and should be able to help you.
        (317) 232-3678

        http://www.in.gov/library/5547.htm

        --- Wanda <wgoins@...> wrote:

        > My husbands grandparents were married in sullivan
        > county Indiana 1897,
        > June 6 I have a copy of a copy of "return of a
        > marriage to county
        > clerk" it does list his and her parents names.
        > However, I can't make
        > out his mothers name. I if someone could go take a
        > look at the
        > original or what they do have in way of application
        > of marriage I would
        > be forever in their debt.
        >
        > Jesse Alexander Goins married Margaret Gott his
        > fathers name is William
        > Goins and it looks like mother is Lew Webb or neff
        > or something her
        > father is Clinton Gott and mother something headly.
        > signed by rev
        > joseph smith
        >
        > I'd be more than happy to pay for any kind of
        > expense you would incur
        > to look at this for me.
        >
        > Thank you
        > Wanda

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • jbaconsr
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2008
          I find Jessie (Lizzie) and Margaret Goins in 1900 IN Sullivan co
          Hamilton with a dau born in 1899. Jessie is born 1871 and Margaret
          is born 1881. There is a Fanny Gott right next door with a Sarah
          McArthur?, listed as brother?. If Jessie was born in IN in 1871,them
          he should appear somewhere with William in 1880. Have you found him
          in 1880? I checked quite a few searches and came up empty handed. Do
          you have any other info on William and Lew or Jesse and Margaret
          that would help narrow down the field some? Thanks.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Wanda" <wgoins@...>