Help finding genealogy software

  • melin1977
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2008
      Hello everyone. i got a copy of my family tree but it's on paper and
      incomplete, so I wanted to enter the data in a program and make my
      family tree. Problem is all free software I've found show only the
      parents and the one child, so when I did my family, my sister and
      brother would not appear. I got a lot of info dating to the 1700s so I
      need a program that would show the whole family, all brothers and
      sisters, and so on.
      Please, anyone know a free program?
      Thanks!!!

      Melin
    • Karen Minnemeyer
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2008
        Melin:
        I've used Legacy for years and only recently purchased the deluxe version. The free version was what I used for a long, long time and there is no limit to the number of family members.
        Go to www.legacyfamilytree.com and download the free version. I think you will like it.
        Family Search, www.familysearch.org , the LDS site also has a nice free downloadable genealogy program.
        Karen

        Karen E. Minnemeyer
        kamiki1@...
        http://karensrootstobranches.org
        http://kamiki2.tribalpages.com
        http://kamiki.tribalpages.com

        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2008
          LDS church has a free one that is for the complete tree. It also has a lot
          of stuff that goes along with it.

          In a message dated 5/5/2008 7:21:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          melin1977@... writes:

          Hello everyone. i got a copy of my family tree but it's on paper and
          incomplete, so I wanted to enter the data in a program and make my
          family tree. Problem is all free software I've found show only the
          parents and the one child, so when I did my family, my sister and
          brother would not appear. I got a lot of info dating to the 1700s so I
          need a program that would show the whole family, all brothers and
          sisters, and so on.
          Please, anyone know a free program?
          Thanks!!!

          Melin