Seems I finally got through my brickwall.

  • jbaconsr
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 6:01 PM
      Thanks to Ancestry adding a new database to their list, I believe I
      have finally found the proof I need to establish Calvin Bacon's
      parentage. I have suspected his parents to be Isaiah Bacon and his
      first wife Eunice Powers of Vermont for some time, but there were
      birthyear issues. Most of the records from Northfield ,VT, where
      Calvin's birth was recorded listed his birthyear as 1782. Our Calvin
      was born in VT, but he was born in 1792. The only two Calvins born
      in VT were both listed as born 1782.One born to Asa Bacon and Rhoda
      Duhnam and died in 1783.One born to Isaiah Bacon and Eunice Powers.
      The Calvin born to Isaiah and Eunice had three siblings,all born in
      the 1790's.
      Anyway, in the new database, Calvin and his brother Isaiah both
      served in the War of 1812. Both list their birthplace as
      Washington,Orange co., VT. Isaiah born 1791 and Calvin born 1792.
      Isaiah was a jr.,so the likelyhood was he was the son of the only
      Isaiah Bacon in Washington at the time.And Calvin had a brother
      named Isaiah.
      This is the same family as Sir Francis Bacon and I think distantly
      related to Nathaniel Bacon, the rebel.The genealogy for this family
      is well documented back to 1640 in America ,and to 1022 in Europe.
    • Suanne
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7 5:39 PM
        Do you happen to have a LeMarquis or Horatio Bacon in you line?

        Suanne

        Message 3 of 3 , May 10 3:58 AM
          Neither of those names look familiar. Are they French-Canadian by
          any chance? Our family started out as far north as MA and VT, but
          our branch did not get up into Canada or Nova Scotia. Other branches
          did though, and some of them migrated out into WI. When I was
          researching Christopher Bacon, he had travelled from NY to WI after
          the Civil War. He was in Adams couny around 1900 and several of the
          Bacons around that area were from ME.,and Nova Scotia. I will check
          on Ancestry for either of them and let you know if they have
          information. I don't have the Canandian subscription though.Sorry to
          be of so little help. Good luck.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Suanne" <tuomi2@...>