Re: Stringer family history

  • Tammy May Dismuke
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24 7:44 PM
      Could this be a possible?

      Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: South Gate, Los Angeles,
      California; Roll: 171; Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 1353; Image:
      500.0.

      Name: James D Stringer
      Home in 1930: South Gate, Los Angeles, California
      Age: 40
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
      Birthplace: Texas
      Relation to Head of House: Head
      Spouse's Name: Mabel K
      Race: White

      Household Members: Name Age
      James D Stringer 40 Head TX TX TX
      Mabel K Stringer 22 Wife
      Estella Chasteen 52 Mother in Law
      Herbert Stringer 36 Brother TX

      California Death Index, 1940-1997
      Name: James D Stringer
      Sex: MALE
      Birth Date: 5 Oct 1889
      Birthplace: Texas
      Death Date: 4 Jun 1973
      Death Place: Ventura

      Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Justice Precinct 5, Milam,
      Texas; Roll: T623 1659; Page: 19A; Enumeration District: 76.

      Name: James D Stringer
      Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 5, Milam, Texas
      Age: 10
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
      Birthplace: Texas
      Relationship to head-of-house: Son
      Mother's Name: Mary
      Race: White

      Household Members: Name Age
      Ann E Blancett 64 Nov 1835 Alabama Head
      Mary Stringer 37 Dec 1862 TX Daughter
      James D Stringer 10 Oct 1889 TX Son
      Herbert L Stringer 7 June 1892 TX Son

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "keenetrio"
      <keenetrio@...> wrote:

      > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
      > I only get dead ends.
      > My real father was born in calif.
      > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
      > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
      > let me know
      > his mother's name may have been
      > Mary Blancett.

    • Tammy May Dismuke
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24 7:48 PM

        <keenetrio@...> wrote:

        > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
        > I only get dead ends.
        > My real father was born in calif.
        > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
        > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
        > let me know
        > his mother's name may have been
        > Mary Blancett.

      • Tammy May Dismuke
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24 7:59 PM

          Name: James Danile Stringer
          City: Not Stated
          County: Fisher
          State: Texas
          Birthplace: Texas;United States of America
          Birth Date: 5 Oct 1889
          Race: Caucasian (White)
          Roll: 1953356
          DraftBoard: 0

          Social Security Death Index

          Name: James Stringer
          SSN: 563-01-0447
          Last Residence: 90280 South Gate, Los Angeles, California, United
          States of America
          Born: 5 Oct 1889
          Died: Jun 1973
          State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951 )

          Found this tree and by no means should it be considered fact till
          everything is verified with documentation:

          Stringer-Quinland Family Tree

          ee Description Family tree researched by Jim Stringer and Susan
          Quinland-Stringer.
          Is Tree Public? Yes
          Date Last Modified 7/25/2007
          # of People in Tree 764
          # of Photos Attached to Tree 32

          James Daniel Stringer
          Parents: Unknown Stringer & Mary Blancett
          Birth: 5 Oct 1889
          TEXAS
          Death: 4 Jun 1973
          VENTURA, California

          Wife:
          Mabel K.
          Parents: Unknown & Estella Chasteen
          Birth: abt 1908

          Death:

          Herbert Stringer M
          Jimmie D. Stringer M 11 Aug 1931

          Jimmie D. Stringer
          Parents: James D Stringer & Mabel K.
          Birth: 11 Aug 1931

          Death: 18 Apr 2006
          Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California

          Wife:
          Phyllis Passafiume
          Parents: Phllip Passafiume & Jennie R Passafiume

          Children
          Michael P D Stringer M 6 Sep 1973

          <keenetrio@...> wrote:

          > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
          > I only get dead ends.
          > My real father was born in calif.
          > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
          > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
          > let me know
          > his mother's name may have been
          > Mary Blancett.

        • Lisa Keene
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 26 7:25 PM
            Hi Tammy
            Thank you so much!
            I am hitting so many brick walls on my family.
            ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!
            I would be grateful!
            Thank You
            Lisa

            Tammy May Dismuke <tammymay21498@...> wrote:

[...]

            Date Last Modified 7/25/2007

            <keenetrio@...> wrote:

            > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
            > I only get dead ends.
            > My real father was born in calif.
            > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
            > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
            > let me know
            > his mother's name may have been
            > Mary Blancett.

          • keenetrio
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 28 2:15 PM
              I have reached another dead end.
              I am hopeing someone can help here.
              My great grandmother was married, or so it seems, saids.
              But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
              Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer family, if you know who
              Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
              Thanks!!
            • Ms Brandy Sacco
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 28 8:57 PM
                Your great grandmother Stringer or your grandfathers
                mother?

                If you are looking for your frand-fathers mother, you
                have his SS #, birth and death date. You can file for
                a copy of his SS form that he filled out when he
                applied for his SS#. It will have his mother's maiden
                name and fathers.
                Brandy

                --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                > I have reached another dead end.
                > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                > saids.
                > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                > family, if you know who
                > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                > Thanks!!

                Be a better friend, newshound, and
              • Lisa Keene
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 29 4:49 PM
                  I know my great grandmother's name "Mary Elisabeth Daniel".
                  I cannot find anything on her birth. She married a "WArren W. Stringer"
                  Nor can I find anything on the birth of her mother--I come up with 2 different last names.
                  Her Maiden name was either "Whatley" Or Blanchard.
                  First name Ann Elizabeth.
                  Ann married "William Henry Daniel"
                  I am at this time having problems with the women being born.
                  Any help would be appreciated!!
                  Lisa

                  --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                  > I have reached another dead end.
                  > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                  > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                  > saids.
                  > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                  > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                  > family, if you know who
                  > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                  > Thanks!!

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and

                • john armstrong
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 29 6:07 PM
                    do you have any garner in your tree back about 1637
                    Armstrong and its allied families
                    john

                    Lisa Keene <keenetrio@...> wrote: I know my great grandmother's name "Mary Elisabeth Daniel".

                    --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                    > I have reached another dead end.
                    > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                    > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                    > saids.
                    > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                    > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                    > family, if you know who
                    > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                    > Thanks!!

                    porkchop check this genealogy site out looking 4 kin

                  • Lisa Keene
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 30 1:12 PM
                      sorry I have not made it that far back.
                      I am at 1825 with the birth of William Henry Daniel.
                      North Carolina
                      By any chance do you have anything on him?
                      Lisa