Re: Stringer family history

  • jbaconsr
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24 3:58 PM
      His mother does appear to be Mary Blancett. I found a James D.
      Stringer in 1900 Texas as follows:
      1900 TX Milam co,Justice precinct #5 district 76
      Household/dwelling 331-333
      Ann E. Blancett head 11/1835 age 64 widowed 6 children born 4
      surviving born AL father SC mother SC
      Mary Stringer daughter 11/1862 age 37 wd 2-2 TX NC SC
      James D. son 10/1889 age 10 single TX AL TX
      Herbert son 6/1892 age 7 s TX AL TX

      I'll hunt down more on Mary's husband if I can find more. I'll
      probably be able to find more on Mary's parents being that she was
      born in 1862. I'll check the 1870 and 1880 census.

      1880 TX Trinity co.,Precinct 4 d110 123-129
      Joseph Blanchard age 31 FLA GA GA
      Ann E. age 43 wife AL SC SC
      Mary Daniels age 17 step-dau TX NC AL
      This appears to be the same mother daughter with an step father of
      Marys. Mary was either born a Daniels or married to a Daniels.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "keenetrio"
      <keenetrio@...> wrote:

      > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
      > I only get dead ends.
      > My real father was born in calif.
      > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
      > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
      > let me know
      > his mother's name may have been
      > Mary Blancett.

    • Tammy May Dismuke
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24 7:44 PM
        Could this be a possible?

        Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: South Gate, Los Angeles,
        California; Roll: 171; Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 1353; Image:
        500.0.

        Name: James D Stringer
        Home in 1930: South Gate, Los Angeles, California
        Age: 40
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
        Birthplace: Texas
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Spouse's Name: Mabel K
        Race: White

        Household Members: Name Age
        James D Stringer 40 Head TX TX TX
        Mabel K Stringer 22 Wife
        Estella Chasteen 52 Mother in Law
        Herbert Stringer 36 Brother TX

        California Death Index, 1940-1997
        Name: James D Stringer
        Sex: MALE
        Birth Date: 5 Oct 1889
        Birthplace: Texas
        Death Date: 4 Jun 1973
        Death Place: Ventura

        Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Justice Precinct 5, Milam,
        Texas; Roll: T623 1659; Page: 19A; Enumeration District: 76.

        Name: James D Stringer
        Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 5, Milam, Texas
        Age: 10
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
        Birthplace: Texas
        Relationship to head-of-house: Son
        Mother's Name: Mary
        Race: White

        Household Members: Name Age
        Ann E Blancett 64 Nov 1835 Alabama Head
        Mary Stringer 37 Dec 1862 TX Daughter
        James D Stringer 10 Oct 1889 TX Son
        Herbert L Stringer 7 June 1892 TX Son

        <keenetrio@...> wrote:

        > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
        > I only get dead ends.
        > My real father was born in calif.
        > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
        > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
        > let me know
        > his mother's name may have been
        > Mary Blancett.

      • Tammy May Dismuke
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24 7:48 PM

          <keenetrio@...> wrote:

          > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
          > I only get dead ends.
          > My real father was born in calif.
          > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
          > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
          > let me know
          > his mother's name may have been
          > Mary Blancett.

        • Tammy May Dismuke
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24 7:59 PM

            Name: James Danile Stringer
            City: Not Stated
            County: Fisher
            State: Texas
            Birthplace: Texas;United States of America
            Birth Date: 5 Oct 1889
            Race: Caucasian (White)
            Roll: 1953356
            DraftBoard: 0

            Social Security Death Index

            Name: James Stringer
            SSN: 563-01-0447
            Last Residence: 90280 South Gate, Los Angeles, California, United
            States of America
            Born: 5 Oct 1889
            Died: Jun 1973
            State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951 )

            Found this tree and by no means should it be considered fact till
            everything is verified with documentation:

            Stringer-Quinland Family Tree

            ee Description Family tree researched by Jim Stringer and Susan
            Quinland-Stringer.
            Is Tree Public? Yes
            Date Last Modified 7/25/2007
            # of People in Tree 764
            # of Photos Attached to Tree 32

            James Daniel Stringer
            Parents: Unknown Stringer & Mary Blancett
            Birth: 5 Oct 1889
            TEXAS
            Death: 4 Jun 1973
            VENTURA, California

            Wife:
            Mabel K.
            Parents: Unknown & Estella Chasteen
            Birth: abt 1908

            Death:

            Herbert Stringer M
            Jimmie D. Stringer M 11 Aug 1931

            Jimmie D. Stringer
            Parents: James D Stringer & Mabel K.
            Birth: 11 Aug 1931

            Death: 18 Apr 2006
            Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California

            Wife:
            Phyllis Passafiume
            Parents: Phllip Passafiume & Jennie R Passafiume

            Children
            Michael P D Stringer M 6 Sep 1973

            <keenetrio@...> wrote:

            > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
            > I only get dead ends.
            > My real father was born in calif.
            > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
            > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
            > let me know
            > his mother's name may have been
            > Mary Blancett.

          • Lisa Keene
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 26 7:25 PM
              Hi Tammy
              Thank you so much!
              I am hitting so many brick walls on my family.
              ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!
              I would be grateful!
              Thank You
              Lisa

              Tammy May Dismuke <tammymay21498@...> wrote:

[...]

              Date Last Modified 7/25/2007

              <keenetrio@...> wrote:

              > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
              > I only get dead ends.
              > My real father was born in calif.
              > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
              > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
              > let me know
              > his mother's name may have been
              > Mary Blancett.

            • keenetrio
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 28 2:15 PM
                I have reached another dead end.
                I am hopeing someone can help here.
                My great grandmother was married, or so it seems, saids.
                But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer family, if you know who
                Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                Thanks!!
              • Ms Brandy Sacco
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 28 8:57 PM
                  Your great grandmother Stringer or your grandfathers
                  mother?

                  If you are looking for your frand-fathers mother, you
                  have his SS #, birth and death date. You can file for
                  a copy of his SS form that he filled out when he
                  applied for his SS#. It will have his mother's maiden
                  name and fathers.
                  Brandy

                  --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                  > I have reached another dead end.
                  > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                  > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                  > saids.
                  > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                  > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                  > family, if you know who
                  > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                  > Thanks!!

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                • Lisa Keene
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 29 4:49 PM
                    I know my great grandmother's name "Mary Elisabeth Daniel".
                    I cannot find anything on her birth. She married a "WArren W. Stringer"
                    Nor can I find anything on the birth of her mother--I come up with 2 different last names.
                    Her Maiden name was either "Whatley" Or Blanchard.
                    First name Ann Elizabeth.
                    Ann married "William Henry Daniel"
                    I am at this time having problems with the women being born.
                    Any help would be appreciated!!
                    Lisa

                    --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                    > I have reached another dead end.
                    > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                    > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                    > saids.
                    > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                    > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                    > family, if you know who
                    > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                    > Thanks!!

                    Be a better friend, newshound, and

                  • john armstrong
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 29 6:07 PM
                      do you have any garner in your tree back about 1637
                      Armstrong and its allied families
                      john

                      Lisa Keene <keenetrio@...> wrote: I know my great grandmother's name "Mary Elisabeth Daniel".

                      --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                      > I have reached another dead end.
                      > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                      > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                      > saids.
                      > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                      > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                      > family, if you know who
                      > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                      > Thanks!!

                      porkchop check this genealogy site out looking 4 kin

                    • Lisa Keene
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 30 1:12 PM
                        sorry I have not made it that far back.
                        I am at 1825 with the birth of William Henry Daniel.
                        North Carolina
                        By any chance do you have anything on him?
                        Lisa