Stringer family history

  • keenetrio
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
      Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
      I only get dead ends.
      My real father was born in calif.
      His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
      If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
      let me know
      his mother's name may have been
      Mary Blancett.
    • kivets
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
        Here is what I could find in 1900, it looks like they were living with
        his grandma Ann L. Bancett. His Father is born in Alabama and his mother
        Mary was born there in Texas. I will look for more info on them for you.

        Stevi Cay

        1900 United States Federal Census
        <http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=7602&enc=1>
        about James D Stringer
        Name: James D Stringer Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 5, Milam, Texas
        Age: 10 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890 Birthplace: Texas
        Relationship to head-of-house: Son Mother's Name: Mary Race: White
        Occupation: View image
        <http://content.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=7602&iid=TXT623_16\
        59-0039&fn=James+D&ln=Stringer&st=r&ssrc=&pid=54379250> Neighbors:
        View others on page
        <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?viewrecord=1&ti=0&r=an&db=19\
        00usfedcen&F1=TXT623_1659-0039> Household Members: Name Age Ann
        E Blancett
        <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1900usfedcen&indiv=try&h=\
        54379248> 64 Mary Stringer
        <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1900usfedcen&indiv=try&h=\
        54379249> 37 James D Stringer
        <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1900usfedcen&indiv=try&h=\
        54379250> 10 Herbert L Stringer
        <http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1900usfedcen&indiv=try&h=\
        54379251> 7

      • jbaconsr
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
          His mother does appear to be Mary Blancett. I found a James D.
          Stringer in 1900 Texas as follows:
          1900 TX Milam co,Justice precinct #5 district 76
          Household/dwelling 331-333
          Ann E. Blancett head 11/1835 age 64 widowed 6 children born 4
          surviving born AL father SC mother SC
          Mary Stringer daughter 11/1862 age 37 wd 2-2 TX NC SC
          James D. son 10/1889 age 10 single TX AL TX
          Herbert son 6/1892 age 7 s TX AL TX

          I'll hunt down more on Mary's husband if I can find more. I'll
          probably be able to find more on Mary's parents being that she was
          born in 1862. I'll check the 1870 and 1880 census.

          1880 TX Trinity co.,Precinct 4 d110 123-129
          Joseph Blanchard age 31 FLA GA GA
          Ann E. age 43 wife AL SC SC
          Mary Daniels age 17 step-dau TX NC AL
          This appears to be the same mother daughter with an step father of
          Marys. Mary was either born a Daniels or married to a Daniels.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "keenetrio"
          <keenetrio@...> wrote:

          > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
          > I only get dead ends.
          > My real father was born in calif.
          > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
          > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
          > let me know
          > his mother's name may have been
          > Mary Blancett.

        • Tammy May Dismuke
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008
            Could this be a possible?

            Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: South Gate, Los Angeles,
            California; Roll: 171; Page: 15A; Enumeration District: 1353; Image:
            500.0.

            Name: James D Stringer
            Home in 1930: South Gate, Los Angeles, California
            Age: 40
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
            Birthplace: Texas
            Relation to Head of House: Head
            Spouse's Name: Mabel K
            Race: White

            Household Members: Name Age
            James D Stringer 40 Head TX TX TX
            Mabel K Stringer 22 Wife
            Estella Chasteen 52 Mother in Law
            Herbert Stringer 36 Brother TX

            California Death Index, 1940-1997
            Name: James D Stringer
            Sex: MALE
            Birth Date: 5 Oct 1889
            Birthplace: Texas
            Death Date: 4 Jun 1973
            Death Place: Ventura

            Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Justice Precinct 5, Milam,
            Texas; Roll: T623 1659; Page: 19A; Enumeration District: 76.

            Name: James D Stringer
            Home in 1900: Justice Precinct 5, Milam, Texas
            Age: 10
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1890
            Birthplace: Texas
            Relationship to head-of-house: Son
            Mother's Name: Mary
            Race: White

            Household Members: Name Age
            Ann E Blancett 64 Nov 1835 Alabama Head
            Mary Stringer 37 Dec 1862 TX Daughter
            James D Stringer 10 Oct 1889 TX Son
            Herbert L Stringer 7 June 1892 TX Son

            <keenetrio@...> wrote:

            > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
            > I only get dead ends.
            > My real father was born in calif.
            > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
            > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
            > let me know
            > his mother's name may have been
            > Mary Blancett.

          • Tammy May Dismuke
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008

              <keenetrio@...> wrote:

              > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
              > I only get dead ends.
              > My real father was born in calif.
              > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
              > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
              > let me know
              > his mother's name may have been
              > Mary Blancett.

            • Tammy May Dismuke
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 24, 2008

                Name: James Danile Stringer
                City: Not Stated
                County: Fisher
                State: Texas
                Birthplace: Texas;United States of America
                Birth Date: 5 Oct 1889
                Race: Caucasian (White)
                Roll: 1953356
                DraftBoard: 0

                Social Security Death Index

                Name: James Stringer
                SSN: 563-01-0447
                Last Residence: 90280 South Gate, Los Angeles, California, United
                States of America
                Born: 5 Oct 1889
                Died: Jun 1973
                State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951 )

                Found this tree and by no means should it be considered fact till
                everything is verified with documentation:

                Stringer-Quinland Family Tree

                ee Description Family tree researched by Jim Stringer and Susan
                Quinland-Stringer.
                Is Tree Public? Yes
                Date Last Modified 7/25/2007
                # of People in Tree 764
                # of Photos Attached to Tree 32

                James Daniel Stringer
                Parents: Unknown Stringer & Mary Blancett
                Birth: 5 Oct 1889
                TEXAS
                Death: 4 Jun 1973
                VENTURA, California

                Wife:
                Mabel K.
                Parents: Unknown & Estella Chasteen
                Birth: abt 1908

                Death:

                Herbert Stringer M
                Jimmie D. Stringer M 11 Aug 1931

                Jimmie D. Stringer
                Parents: James D Stringer & Mabel K.
                Birth: 11 Aug 1931

                Death: 18 Apr 2006
                Van Nuys, Los Angeles, California

                Wife:
                Phyllis Passafiume
                Parents: Phllip Passafiume & Jennie R Passafiume

                Children
                Michael P D Stringer M 6 Sep 1973

                <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
                > I only get dead ends.
                > My real father was born in calif.
                > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
                > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
                > let me know
                > his mother's name may have been
                > Mary Blancett.

              • Lisa Keene
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 26, 2008
                  Hi Tammy
                  Thank you so much!
                  I am hitting so many brick walls on my family.
                  ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!
                  I would be grateful!
                  Thank You
                  Lisa

                  Tammy May Dismuke <tammymay21498@...> wrote:

[...]

                  Date Last Modified 7/25/2007

                  <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                  > Geez, I sure hope some one out there can help.
                  > I only get dead ends.
                  > My real father was born in calif.
                  > His father was born abt 1889 supposedly in Texas
                  > If anyone knows anything about James Daniel Stringer
                  > let me know
                  > his mother's name may have been
                  > Mary Blancett.

                • keenetrio
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 28, 2008
                    I have reached another dead end.
                    I am hopeing someone can help here.
                    My great grandmother was married, or so it seems, saids.
                    But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                    Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer family, if you know who
                    Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                    Thanks!!
                  • Ms Brandy Sacco
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 28, 2008
                      Your great grandmother Stringer or your grandfathers
                      mother?

                      If you are looking for your frand-fathers mother, you
                      have his SS #, birth and death date. You can file for
                      a copy of his SS form that he filled out when he
                      applied for his SS#. It will have his mother's maiden
                      name and fathers.
                      Brandy

                      --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                      > I have reached another dead end.
                      > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                      > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                      > saids.
                      > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                      > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                      > family, if you know who
                      > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                      > Thanks!!

                      Be a better friend, newshound, and
                    • Lisa Keene
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 29, 2008
                        I know my great grandmother's name "Mary Elisabeth Daniel".
                        I cannot find anything on her birth. She married a "WArren W. Stringer"
                        Nor can I find anything on the birth of her mother--I come up with 2 different last names.
                        Her Maiden name was either "Whatley" Or Blanchard.
                        First name Ann Elizabeth.
                        Ann married "William Henry Daniel"
                        I am at this time having problems with the women being born.
                        Any help would be appreciated!!
                        Lisa

                        --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                        > I have reached another dead end.
                        > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                        > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                        > saids.
                        > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                        > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                        > family, if you know who
                        > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                        > Thanks!!

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and

                      • john armstrong
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 29, 2008
                          do you have any garner in your tree back about 1637
                          Armstrong and its allied families
                          john

                          Lisa Keene <keenetrio@...> wrote: I know my great grandmother's name "Mary Elisabeth Daniel".

                          --- keenetrio <keenetrio@...> wrote:

                          > I have reached another dead end.
                          > I am hopeing someone can help here.
                          > My great grandmother was married, or so it seems,
                          > saids.
                          > But I keep coming up with unknown Stringer.
                          > Anyone that is doing/researching the Stringer
                          > family, if you know who
                          > Mary was married to, please let me in on the secret.
                          > Thanks!!

                          porkchop check this genealogy site out looking 4 kin

                        • Lisa Keene
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 30, 2008
                            sorry I have not made it that far back.
                            I am at 1825 with the birth of William Henry Daniel.
                            North Carolina
                            By any chance do you have anything on him?
                            Lisa