question regarding citation

  • pinidion
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2008
      The book I'm anxiously awaiting to arrive is a professionally
      bound "photocopy" as the original is very old and hard to find. In
      your professional opinion would you say I cite the photocopy as I would
      the original? Is there anything other than quality of the photocopy
      and pages added/deleted that would classify this as any less reliable
      than the original book? Personally, it's good enough for me and as
      close as I'll get to cuddling with it at night. I've done google book
      searches and searches of digital Greek libraries but no luck. Anyhow,
      what is the preferred method of citing this am very curious. I use
      Mills btw but I dont think she's discussed this,

      Debbie
    • Charlie Vines
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2008
        Hi Debbie,

        Personally, I would site the original source (title, publish date,
        publisher, etc), with a reference to the party that photocopied the book.

        Charlie Vines - Web Administrator
        Garland, Dallas County, Texas, USA
        charlies.genealogy@...
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~vadenhis/index.htm