Giustiani "clan"?

  • pinidion
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2008
      Anyone with research ties to Genoa and understands this is a loose
      collection of many families who adopted this term for themselves,
      understands this is why they are so large and a bit difficult to track.
      They moved on to Chios (I forget the dates but it was around 1500's)
      and made it a prized possession for 200 years changing the culture,
      names and lifestyle of the island to this day. I'd love to chat with
      anyone of like interests in them. My great-great grandmother was a
      Casanova of the Fieschi de Canetto/Sauli/Giustini clan. I admit, I
      really have no idea what all that means as she wasa technically a Greek
      woman even though she was born with an Italian surname in 1870 on a
      then Turkish island. She wasn't the only one, the names Rallis,
      Calvocoressi, Negroponte, Argenti are some of the fancier ones.

      Hope someone here has a similar study,
      Debbie