Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Bullens/ To Kellie

  • Karen Minnemeyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008
      Kellie:
      I think this might be too far removed from your line, but wanted to check.

      I have an Edmond BULLEN born 1811 in North Carolina, U.S. in my line. His daughter: Nancy Matilda BULLEN born 22 Nov. 1844 in Indiana married John Sylvester SMEAR in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana, U.S.

      Can you find any connection to your BULLENs?
      Karen

      Karen E. Minnemeyer
      kamiki1@...
      http://karensrootstobranches.org
      "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."... Michelangelo

    • Kellie A.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2008
        Hi Karen, I don't have access to the American sections on Ancestry so
        I haven't been able to research any ancestors that traveled to
        America. My Bullens came from Norfolk originally then moved to Ireland
        and the last generation in the UK were in the late 1800's in
        Gloucestershire. If you traced your Bullen back to the UK we might be
        able link up. I hope so, because I have an awful lot of dead ends and
        I'm sure they lead to America.

        Thanks Kellie

        Sydney, Australia.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Karen Minnemeyer
        <kamiki1@...> wrote:

        > Kellie:
        > I think this might be too far removed from your line, but wanted to
        check.

        > I have an Edmond BULLEN born 1811 in North Carolina, U.S. in my
        line. His daughter: Nancy Matilda BULLEN born 22 Nov. 1844 in Indiana
        married John Sylvester SMEAR in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana, U.S.

        > Can you find any connection to your BULLENs?
        > Karen
        >

        > Karen E. Minnemeyer
        > kamiki1@...
        > http://karensrootstobranches.org
        > "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."...
        Michelangelo

      • Sharon
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24, 2008
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Kellie A."
          <kellanne2@...> wrote:

          Kellie;
          German Birth Certificates prior to WWII might behard to find. Many
          records were destroyed over the years due to the various wars and
          conflicts in Europe. Your best bet would be to try to find church
          records of baptisms, marriages, etc.

          Sharon
        • Kellie
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 25, 2008
            Thanks for that Sharon, I'll keep looking.

            Kellie
            Sydney, Australia.

            http://www.myspace.com/kellanne2