Norton - from Ireland to Scotland

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2008
      Hi All,

      Time to post my research interests. My hang up is getting the Norton
      line back into Ireland prior to 1860s or so. The following is the
      known facts about the family.
      ---------------------------
      Norton Michael born Ireland - died u/k
      Dunn(e) Mary born Irelnad - died u/k

      Children:
      NORTON Patrick, born Ireland (Queens???) ca. 1842, died Bathgate
      Scotland ca 1904.
      Wife:
      McAFEE/McFIE,McFee, Mary (Anne), born, ca 1853, Whitburn WLN Sct.
      died 1881, Bathgate, Durhamtown, WLN, Sct.
      Married 1870 Bathgate WLN Sct. Bathgate WLN Sct. M

      Mary Anns parents:
      McAfee/McFee/McFie James born Ireland abt 1823, d Bathgate area
      Shearer Ann born Ireland abt 1836 d. Bathgate area
      The McFee* children 6 plus with another female (Elizabeth) marrying a
      Norton in Bathgate

      Patrick Norton did not remarry.
      Lived in Durhamtown, Bathgate, mining area outside the main town of
      Bathgate.
      Children of Patrick and MaryAnn Norton
      Ann Norton: born 23 Jul 1871
      Michael Norton: born 16 Mar 1873
      Jas Norton: born 1876
      Other "possible" children of Michael and Mary (Dunn) Norton:
      Norton Hugh
      Norton John
      Norton Michael

      Thank you