German Birth Cert and Irish Bullens

  • Kellie A.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hi Everyone, First question from my sister, Does anyone know how to
      obtain birth certificates from Germany, for indivduals born pre 1870?

      Secondly think??? I have found a line of Irish Bullens I'm connected to.
      John Bullen born abt 1680-1739 who married Honor Dowly in the Kinsale
      area. Does anyone have any links to this line.

      Thanks, Kellie

      Sydney,Australia.
    • Karen Minnemeyer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008
        Kellie:
        I think this might be too far removed from your line, but wanted to check.

        I have an Edmond BULLEN born 1811 in North Carolina, U.S. in my line. His daughter: Nancy Matilda BULLEN born 22 Nov. 1844 in Indiana married John Sylvester SMEAR in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana, U.S.

        Can you find any connection to your BULLENs?
        Karen

        Karen E. Minnemeyer
        kamiki1@...
        http://karensrootstobranches.org
        "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."... Michelangelo

      • Kellie A.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2008
          Hi Karen, I don't have access to the American sections on Ancestry so
          I haven't been able to research any ancestors that traveled to
          America. My Bullens came from Norfolk originally then moved to Ireland
          and the last generation in the UK were in the late 1800's in
          Gloucestershire. If you traced your Bullen back to the UK we might be
          able link up. I hope so, because I have an awful lot of dead ends and
          I'm sure they lead to America.

          Thanks Kellie

          Sydney, Australia.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Karen Minnemeyer
          <kamiki1@...> wrote:

          > Kellie:
          > I think this might be too far removed from your line, but wanted to
          check.

          > I have an Edmond BULLEN born 1811 in North Carolina, U.S. in my
          line. His daughter: Nancy Matilda BULLEN born 22 Nov. 1844 in Indiana
          married John Sylvester SMEAR in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana, U.S.

          > Can you find any connection to your BULLENs?
          > Karen
          >

          > Karen E. Minnemeyer
          > kamiki1@...
          > http://karensrootstobranches.org
          > "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."...
          Michelangelo

        • Sharon
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24, 2008
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Kellie A."
            <kellanne2@...> wrote:

            Kellie;
            German Birth Certificates prior to WWII might behard to find. Many
            records were destroyed over the years due to the various wars and
            conflicts in Europe. Your best bet would be to try to find church
            records of baptisms, marriages, etc.

            Sharon
          • Kellie
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 25, 2008
              Thanks for that Sharon, I'll keep looking.

              Kellie
              Sydney, Australia.

              http://www.myspace.com/kellanne2