New member intro. etc.

  • STACEY A.
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2008
      New to this group. But not new to the perils and fun of researching
      mine and my husbands families. I have tried a few times to enter as
      much information as I can into files within this group. But for some
      odd reason Yahoo wasn't wanting to cooperate with me. And I kept
      losing all that I had entered.

      So I will wait awhile and try again.. Anyhow , I have been searching
      for several persons. And have hit a brick wall on them.

      Here is what I do know..

      Charles Milton Tyler (born Kokomo , Howard Co , Indiana) in 09/1884
      and died 02/18/1965 in Kokomo as well. He is buried at Crown Point
      Cemetery in Kokomo. He married Ethel Blanche Nunn in 1918 (She also
      married a John Hunter in 1904). They had Walter , Robert , Ralph and
      I cannot find any proof of any other sons. But she did have some
      children with John Hunter.

      Ethel was born April 1884 (Tipton Co Indiana) and died May 11 1970 in
      Kokomo. She was born to Isaac and Martha (Cix) Nunn. She is also
      buried at Crown Point Cemetery in Kokomo.

      Charles' parents are John R. and Mary L. (Anthony) Tyler. No known
      information on them at all. Would guess their birth years as 1865 or
      so.

      I can only find limited information on John and Mary as well as
      Isaac and Martha. That being their names listed in obituaries. I have
      searched Rootsweb.com , FamilySearch.org etc. And have not came up
      with anything concrete etc.

      And then I am also looking for information on Harry BURLE Turley. He
      was born in Kokomo , 09/1900 and died in Kokomo on 05/31/1943. He is
      also buried at Crown Point Cemetery. He married Alta Mae Shepherd and
      they had Doris Turley (married Smith) buried at Crown Point , Ruth
      Joan Turley (married Tyler) buried at Sunset Memory Gardens in
      Kokomo , Thomas Gene Turley buried at Sunset. And Harry DALE Turley
      buried in Galveston , Cass Co. Indiana. Harry was not a Sr. and Harry
      DALE was not a Jr. The father really is/was Harry BURLE but they have
      him listed as Harry DALE most everywhere. And Harry DALE listed as
      Jr.

      His mothers information is unknown. In his obit. it states his dads
      name as Carl. But again , I am not coming up with anything. So here
      in a nutshell is what I have been searching for...

      John R. Tyler 1865 ?? Indiana birth/death possibly
      Mary L. Anthony 1865 ?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Isaac Nunn 1865 ?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Martha Cix 1865 ?? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Carl Turley (Could be Lewis/Louis Carl or Carl Lewis/Louis) 1865 or
      so for birth and Indiana birth and death also possible.

      Anyone have any tips , suggestions , or are you also in this family
      line too ???

      Thanks for reading and I look forward to also reading others posts..

      Have a good one.. Stacey Tyler-Newton
      Kokomo,Howard Co.,Indiana

      Surnames in my family line:
      Tyler , Turley , Shepherd , Rayl , Gullion , Nunn , Dowden , Richey ,
      Lenington , Barker , Harmon , Lightfoot , etc.

      My husbands family :
      Newton , Powell , Ewing , Rakestraw/Rexstrew , Sullivan , Zimmerman ,
      etc.

      Here is a link to a family tree that I am currently piecing together:

      http://tylernewton.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?
      userid=tylernewton&view=9&rand=877682750

      And here is a main link to my FindAGrave page..

      http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=mr&MRid=46833417&