Re: Harrison's of TN

  • Vicki
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2008
      Looks like I might have duplicated some info that Barbara responded
      with--had it typed up before I read her post. It must be the 'great
      minds think alike" theory *smile*

      I personally think the Ancestry subscription is worth the money if you
      want to use it a lot from home. I got an offer for about half the cost
      of the usual USA version and I decided that was finally the time to
      join. The next best thing though is to check at your local library and
      see if they have it for use there. I understand that some will have it
      at the library, but not for use from the home with your library card
      because of the additional cost to the library for that access.

      I have looked up the Harrison you mentioned in the 1900 census and
      find that living 'next door' to Gideon is a William Harrison born July
      1842 with children (aged Mary 27, Dan 18, Mirtie 16, Katie 11)in his
      household. Also 'next door' is J.W. Harrison, wife and many children
      (she had 12 born/12 living--9 with them in 1900). My guess is that
      when "rayman P." (your Paul Raymond) went to live with cousins his
      parents had both died. Just a guess, but might be worth looking for a
      death there in that Alabama county of the 1900 census. I do see that
      by 1910 census the J.W. Harrison family is in Seminole Co., Oklahoma.

      I think you would find a strong `persons of interest' in the 1870
      census for Lawrenceburg Post Office, Lawrence Co., TN listed as D.G.
      Harrison 30; Sarah A 30; W.T 5; Daniel M. 3; David L. 7/12; Delilah
      White 64. The same family in 1880 census-same county (most are
      initials)-D G Harrison 41; wife S A 41; son W T 14; son D M 12; son D
      L10; dau. L E 8; dau. E L 6; son C O 4; son J P? 4? ( I had trouble
      with that one); Eliza Harrison, mother 60; J.W. Harrison brother, 14.

      Good Luck on your search
      <jennifermorphis@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for my gggrandpa, Gideon Harrison from TN. He was born
      abt. 1840. I don't know who he married, don't know where he died. I
      do know that he had a son named Paul Raymond Harrison b. 1893 or 1894
      in TN married in 1910 and died 1961 in Seminole, OK. ...