Re:New Member - Heath Family

  • newton312
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2008
      Hi Kathy,
      Yes, I have been thinking about the Georgia Heaths as well. William
      and Caroline's children were as follows: Margaret b. 1843/44; William
      b. 1844/45; Lemuel R. (my 3rd great grandfather)b. 1847; John H.
      b.1848/49; Stephen F. b. 1850; Sarah b. 1852; James M. b. 1854; Mary
      J. b. 1855/56; Amanda b. 1856/57; Susan A. b. 1860; Charles b. 1862.

      All of the children seemed to have been born in Robertson County,
      Tennessee except for Charles who was born in Southeast, Missouri. You
      mentioned name patterns. I have been watching for this very closely.
      As I noted my line proceeds with William and Caroline's 3rd child,
      Lemuel R. Heath. Lemuel R. had a son he named William H.; this
      William H. had a son he named Lemuel R. (all these are my particular
      family line). We know the "H" after William stands for "Henry", we
      believe the "R" after Lemuel stands for "Richard". There was a
      Richard Heath in middle Tennessee during the early to mid 1800s that
      I have been trying to research as well.

      My family has participated in the HEATH DNA Project. One of my
      distant cousins and my uncle participated together just to confirm
      that we were from the same HEATH family we have been researching all
      these years and it did. Recently another HEATH researcher
      participated in the project and we found that our family is connected
      somehow to his in the last 200 - 400 years. This researcher had
      traced his HEATH family back to John Heath of Middlesex, Virginia b.
      1723. He was nice enough to send me his gedcom file, but I haven't
      had any success finding where our William H. Heath fits in yet.

      Thank you for all your suggestions and help. Perhaps we will be able
      to connect our lines together one day. :)

      Tonya
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Kathy P <pkathy98@...>
      wrote:

      > Do you have any other Heath names - aunts/uncles, etc.? I have
      been tracking my Great Grandmother, Sarah Jane Jones, nee Heath. I
      believe I have found her family and they are out of Georgia - but I
      am still trying to verify it. There are a lot of Heath families in
      Georgia in the 1850's - he could belong to one of them and struck out
      on his own to Tennessee. I found them in Burke, Sumter, and Walton
      Counties, GA. What did they name their children? Often people gave
      their children names of brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents,
      etc.