Need info on George D.Huffman,Meade Co,Ky Eliza Jane Moorman,Martina Monarch

  • kylady18
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2008
      If ANYONE has info on these 3 people,I would appreciate anything you
      have.George Daniel & Eliza Jane are my gggrandparents they were married
      Jan 17,1872. They had 5 children,Junius,Hellen,William,Lovania and
      John(my ggrandfather) and Martina or Martanna Monarch was George's first
      wife. They were married on Sept 8,1853.I know they had 6
      children,Henry,Robert,Elizabeth,Margert,James,& Ellen.George was from
      Germany. Thanks,Carol

    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2008
        Have you tried posting on genforum? You can get lots
        of clues that way.
        --- kylady18 <mcs6901@...> wrote:

        > If ANYONE has info on these 3 people,I would
        > appreciate anything you
        > have.George Daniel & Eliza Jane are my
        > gggrandparents they were married
        > Jan 17,1872. They had 5
        > children,Junius,Hellen,William,Lovania and
        > John(my ggrandfather) and Martina or Martanna
        > Monarch was George's first
        > wife. They were married on Sept 8,1853.I know they
        > had 6
        > children,Henry,Robert,Elizabeth,Margert,James,&
        > Ellen.George was from
        > Germany. Thanks,Carol

        > removed]
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
        > at Ancestry.Com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • kim_donley
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2008
          The following is all i could find..............KIM

          Found George and family in 1870 but Martina is documented as Martha
          1870 United States Federal Census > Kentucky > Meade > Caseville
          Geo D Huffman 46 Farmer Germany State not known
          Martha 40 keeping house KY and all the kids were born inKY
          Henry 16
          Robert 14
          Elizabeth 11
          Margaret 9
          James 7
          Ellen 2

          One thing about this census is that all the children give their
          fathers birthplace as KY..........and she has a son that is 11 when
          they married in 1872?
          1880 United States Federal Census
          about Eliza Huffman
          Name: Eliza Huffman
          Home in 1880: Caseville, Meade, Kentucky
          Age: 33
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1847
          Birthplace: Kentucky
          Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
          Father's birthplace: Kentucky
          Mother's birthplace: Kentucky
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Marital Status: Widowed
          Race: White
          Gender: Female
          Cannot read/write:

          Blind:

          Deaf and dumb:

          Otherwise disabled:

          Idiotic or insane: View Image
          Household Members: Name Age
          Eliza Huffman 33 Head KY
          William Huffman 11 son
          John Huffman 7 son KY
          Hellen Huffman 5 daughter KY
          Duncan Huffman 4 dau KY
          Lovania Huffman 2 dau KY
          M. Huffman 26

          When u look at the actual census there are more listed with this
          family and they are Moormans
          May be Eliza's parents??
          H. Moorman 69 married Farmer
          Nancy 53 wife married
          Charles 19 son
          Curran 16 son
          Addie 14
          Ada 6
          And there are more Moormans listed after that

          Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953
          about Junius Duncan Huffman
          Name: Junius Duncan Huffman
          Death Date: 19 Jun 1925
          Death Location: Meade
          Residence Location: Meade
          Age: 48
          Gender: Male
          Ethnicity: White
          Birth Date: 27 Dec 1876
          Birth Location: Payneville Meade, Kentucky
          Father's Name: George Huffman
          Father's Birth Location: Germany
          Mother's Name: Eliza J Moorman
          Mother's Birth Location: Kentucky

          Did Eliza Jane remarry? I found this death...
          Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1953
          about Eliza Jane Shaw
          Name: Eliza Jane Shaw
          [Shaw]