Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Hardaway

  • Lois Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
      I had some time to kill so thought I would help you. I
      looked at census and did not find this couple. What
      were the names of their children? Did James T Hardaway
      have brothers or sisters?
      --- s_dunlap85 <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to get some information on a James T
      > Hardaway he was born
      > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma
      > He married Rachel
      > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and
      > died about Oct
      > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about
      > them I would really
      > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks
      >

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
      > at Ancestry.Com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > (Yahoo! ID required)

      mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • kim_donley
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
        He was still alive in 1910:
        1910 United States Federal Census
        about James F Harday
        Name: James F Harday
        [James T Harday]
        Age in 1910: 56
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854
        Birthplace: Louisiana
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Father's Birth Place: Georgia
        Mother's Birth Place: Georgia
        Spouse's Name: Rachall P
        Home in 1910: Township 6, Bryan, Oklahoma
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        James F Harday 56
        Rachall P Harday 56
        Joseph A Harday 17 born in Arks
        Mattie T Harday 13 born in Arks

        They may have been in Arkansas or OK in 1900 but i cant find them...
        I think this is Rachael and James son Joseph living with his sisters
        family in 1930.
        1930 United States Federal Census
        about Joseph A Hardaway
        Name: Joseph A Hardaway
        Home in 1930: Econtuchka, Seminole, Oklahoma
        Age: 37
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
        Birthplace: Arkansas
        Relation to Head of House: Brother-in-law
        Race: White
        Occupation:

        Education:

        Military service:

        Rent/home value:

        Age at first marriage:

        Parents' birthplace: View Image
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        Eben Sullivan 37
        Archie S Sullivan 34
        Mildred L Sullivan 12
        Evelyn P Sullivan 8
        J C Sullivan 5
        R B Sullivan 2 10/12
        Nina R Sullivan 6/12
        Joseph A Hardaway 37
        Viola L Hardaway 21
        Barney L Hardaway 2 11/12
        N Danthine Hardaway 1 3/12

        The actual draft says he has a wife and one child and lives in
        Glover Oklahoma. 5 feet and 11 inches and has weak eyes.
        about Joe A Hardaway
        Name: Joe A Hardaway
        City: Not Stated
        County: McCurtain
        State: Oklahoma
        Birthplace: Arkansas
        Birth Date: 3 May 1892
        Race: Caucasian (White)
        Roll: 1851808
        DraftBoard: 0

        Found Rachael Williams in 1870:
        1870 United States Federal Census
        about Rachael Williams
        Name: Rachael Williams
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1856
        Age in 1870: 14
        Birthplace: Georgia
        Home in 1870: Monroe, Sevier, Arkansas
        Race: White
        Gender: Female
        Post Office: Netta Boe
        Collin S Williams 52 Works on farm GA
        Mary A 47 keeps house GA
        Edward 17 works on farm GA
        Rachael 14 Ga
        Mary or Marg 7 Arks
        Barney or Barry? 5 Arks

        There are 2 oneworldtrees on Rachel and James if u go here u can
        see them http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
        Lists Rachael's parents as Collin Stephen Williams and Mary Ann
        Davis. Here is what one of them had to say about James father:

        -----------

        ID: I046
        Name: Collin Stephen WILLIAMS
        Sex: M
        ALIA: Collin /Scott/
        Birth: 1820 in Georgia or VA
        Death: 27 NOV 1876 in Sevier County, Arkansas
        Fact 1: See Note Page
        Note:
        Owned land in Sevier County, AR, 1860, valued at $600. Was
        commissioned JP and performed marriage of Elizabeth Goodson and
        William Autrey on 4/30/1865.

        Sevier Court of Probate of January 7 (or 10) 1877:
        In matter of the estate of Collin S. Williams (deed?0
        Petition of Mary A. Williams
        widow to vest property (& c.?)
        Comes the said Mary A. Williams and presents to the Court here her
        petition praying the court to vest in her as the widow and relic of
        said deceased, the whole of this property (real & personal)
        belonging to said deceased, and that said deceased died in Sevier
        County intestate (on or about the 27th day of November, 1876,
        leaving a small? personal & real property. And it appearing that all
        said property real and personal amounts in value to the sum of two
        Hundred and fifty seven & 50/100 dollars (as per appraisement made
        by Zachariah Davis, L. L. Petty, and David Bunch, the? disinterested
        householders and citizens of Sevier County) and that said Mary A.
        Williams is of right entitled to be invested with all such property,
        said list and inventory of said property, and petition being
        properly sworn to -
        It is therefore by the court considered, ordered and adjudged that
        said Mary A. Williams be and she is hereby invested with the
        following described real and personal property, (the same being the
        property of _____deceased died? seized and possessed) to wit. all
        household & kitchen furniture - 600 lbs seed cotton, 7 head dry
        cattle, 3 head horses, one yoke oxen, none old ox wagon, 25 bushels
        corn, and 120 acres of land described as the w/2 of NE/4 and N.W./4
        of S.E./4 of Section 22 in township 8, S. Roup? thirty one (31) west
        lying & being in Sevier County - and said property real & personal
        is absolutely vested in said Mary A. Williams as such widow and
        relic.

        Facts about this person:

        Burial
        Bear Creek Cemetary, NE of DeQueen, Sevier County, Arkansas

        Will January 1877
        Sevier County, Arkansas

        Marriage 1 Mary Ann DAVIS b: APR 1822 in Carroll County, Georgia
        Married: 18 MAY 1851 in Carrol County, Georgia
        Children
        Edward Scott WILLIAMS b: 9 OCT 1852 in Georgia
        Rachael WILLIAMS b: 1856 in Georgia
        Mary WILLIAMS b: 1863 in Arkansas
        Barney WILLIAMS b: 1865 in Arkansas

        And about Rachael and James:
        ID: I034
        Name: Rachael WILLIAMS
        Sex: F
        Birth: 1856 in Georgia
        Death: WFT Est. 1888-1950

        Father: Collin Stephen WILLIAMS b: 1820 in Georgia or VA
        Mother: Mary Ann DAVIS b: APR 1822 in Carroll County, Georgia

        Marriage 1 James HARDAWAY b: 1860
        Married: 6 JUL 1883 in Sevier County, Arkansas
        Children
        Joe HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
        Barney Thurgood HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
        Cindy HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
        Archie HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906

        Hoped some of this helped.....................KIM

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "s_dunlap85"
        <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get some information on a James T Hardaway he was
        born
        > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma He married
        Rachel
        > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and died about
        Oct
        > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about them I would
        really
        > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks

      • s_dunlap85
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
          kim thanks so much for the info! I really needed some help!
          If I can ever help you, Just let me know K!

          Sally
        • kim_donley
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2008
            You are more than welcome hope the info leads u to other family
            members and tons of info.........KIM