Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Hardaway

  • Lois Edwards
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
      I had some time to kill so thought I would help you. I
      looked at census and did not find this couple. What
      were the names of their children? Did James T Hardaway
      have brothers or sisters?
      --- s_dunlap85 <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to get some information on a James T
      > Hardaway he was born
      > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma
      > He married Rachel
      > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and
      > died about Oct
      > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about
      > them I would really
      > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks
      >

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
      > at Ancestry.Com

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > (Yahoo! ID required)

      mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
        I found your James T with name spelled Harday in Bryan
        Ok 1910. 1910 Bryan Co Ok census
        James Harday 56 LA parents born GA
        Rachel P 56 GA parents born GA
        Joseph A 17 AR Parents born LA GA
        Martin T 13 AR Parents born LA Ga
        Living next door is Barney Hardaway 23 born AR
        wife Pearl 18 AR
        I checked in AR 1880 for various spellings of his name
        and did not find a James listed for 1880 but he was
        there because he had kids born there. It might be due
        to another misspelling.

        --- s_dunlap85 <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get some information on a James T
        > Hardaway he was born
        > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma
        > He married Rachel
        > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and
        > died about Oct
        > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about
        > them I would really
        > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
        > at Ancestry.Com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • kim_donley
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
          He was still alive in 1910:
          1910 United States Federal Census
          about James F Harday
          Name: James F Harday
          [James T Harday]
          Age in 1910: 56
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854
          Birthplace: Louisiana
          Relation to Head of House: Head
          Father's Birth Place: Georgia
          Mother's Birth Place: Georgia
          Spouse's Name: Rachall P
          Home in 1910: Township 6, Bryan, Oklahoma
          Marital Status: Married
          Race: White
          Gender: Male
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Household Members: Name Age
          James F Harday 56
          Rachall P Harday 56
          Joseph A Harday 17 born in Arks
          Mattie T Harday 13 born in Arks

          They may have been in Arkansas or OK in 1900 but i cant find them...
          I think this is Rachael and James son Joseph living with his sisters
          family in 1930.
          1930 United States Federal Census
          about Joseph A Hardaway
          Name: Joseph A Hardaway
          Home in 1930: Econtuchka, Seminole, Oklahoma
          Age: 37
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
          Birthplace: Arkansas
          Relation to Head of House: Brother-in-law
          Race: White
          Occupation:

          Education:

          Military service:

          Rent/home value:

          Age at first marriage:

          Parents' birthplace: View Image
          Neighbors: View others on page
          Household Members: Name Age
          Eben Sullivan 37
          Archie S Sullivan 34
          Mildred L Sullivan 12
          Evelyn P Sullivan 8
          J C Sullivan 5
          R B Sullivan 2 10/12
          Nina R Sullivan 6/12
          Joseph A Hardaway 37
          Viola L Hardaway 21
          Barney L Hardaway 2 11/12
          N Danthine Hardaway 1 3/12

          The actual draft says he has a wife and one child and lives in
          Glover Oklahoma. 5 feet and 11 inches and has weak eyes.
          about Joe A Hardaway
          Name: Joe A Hardaway
          City: Not Stated
          County: McCurtain
          State: Oklahoma
          Birthplace: Arkansas
          Birth Date: 3 May 1892
          Race: Caucasian (White)
          Roll: 1851808
          DraftBoard: 0

          Found Rachael Williams in 1870:
          1870 United States Federal Census
          about Rachael Williams
          Name: Rachael Williams
          Estimated Birth Year: abt 1856
          Age in 1870: 14
          Birthplace: Georgia
          Home in 1870: Monroe, Sevier, Arkansas
          Race: White
          Gender: Female
          Post Office: Netta Boe
          Collin S Williams 52 Works on farm GA
          Mary A 47 keeps house GA
          Edward 17 works on farm GA
          Rachael 14 Ga
          Mary or Marg 7 Arks
          Barney or Barry? 5 Arks

          There are 2 oneworldtrees on Rachel and James if u go here u can
          see them http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
          Lists Rachael's parents as Collin Stephen Williams and Mary Ann
          Davis. Here is what one of them had to say about James father:

          -----------

          ID: I046
          Name: Collin Stephen WILLIAMS
          Sex: M
          ALIA: Collin /Scott/
          Birth: 1820 in Georgia or VA
          Death: 27 NOV 1876 in Sevier County, Arkansas
          Fact 1: See Note Page
          Note:
          Owned land in Sevier County, AR, 1860, valued at $600. Was
          commissioned JP and performed marriage of Elizabeth Goodson and
          William Autrey on 4/30/1865.

          Sevier Court of Probate of January 7 (or 10) 1877:
          In matter of the estate of Collin S. Williams (deed?0
          Petition of Mary A. Williams
          widow to vest property (& c.?)
          Comes the said Mary A. Williams and presents to the Court here her
          petition praying the court to vest in her as the widow and relic of
          said deceased, the whole of this property (real & personal)
          belonging to said deceased, and that said deceased died in Sevier
          County intestate (on or about the 27th day of November, 1876,
          leaving a small? personal & real property. And it appearing that all
          said property real and personal amounts in value to the sum of two
          Hundred and fifty seven & 50/100 dollars (as per appraisement made
          by Zachariah Davis, L. L. Petty, and David Bunch, the? disinterested
          householders and citizens of Sevier County) and that said Mary A.
          Williams is of right entitled to be invested with all such property,
          said list and inventory of said property, and petition being
          properly sworn to -
          It is therefore by the court considered, ordered and adjudged that
          said Mary A. Williams be and she is hereby invested with the
          following described real and personal property, (the same being the
          property of _____deceased died? seized and possessed) to wit. all
          household & kitchen furniture - 600 lbs seed cotton, 7 head dry
          cattle, 3 head horses, one yoke oxen, none old ox wagon, 25 bushels
          corn, and 120 acres of land described as the w/2 of NE/4 and N.W./4
          of S.E./4 of Section 22 in township 8, S. Roup? thirty one (31) west
          lying & being in Sevier County - and said property real & personal
          is absolutely vested in said Mary A. Williams as such widow and
          relic.

          Facts about this person:

          Burial
          Bear Creek Cemetary, NE of DeQueen, Sevier County, Arkansas

          Will January 1877
          Sevier County, Arkansas

          Marriage 1 Mary Ann DAVIS b: APR 1822 in Carroll County, Georgia
          Married: 18 MAY 1851 in Carrol County, Georgia
          Children
          Edward Scott WILLIAMS b: 9 OCT 1852 in Georgia
          Rachael WILLIAMS b: 1856 in Georgia
          Mary WILLIAMS b: 1863 in Arkansas
          Barney WILLIAMS b: 1865 in Arkansas

          And about Rachael and James:
          ID: I034
          Name: Rachael WILLIAMS
          Sex: F
          Birth: 1856 in Georgia
          Death: WFT Est. 1888-1950

          Father: Collin Stephen WILLIAMS b: 1820 in Georgia or VA
          Mother: Mary Ann DAVIS b: APR 1822 in Carroll County, Georgia

          Marriage 1 James HARDAWAY b: 1860
          Married: 6 JUL 1883 in Sevier County, Arkansas
          Children
          Joe HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
          Barney Thurgood HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
          Cindy HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
          Archie HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906

          Hoped some of this helped.....................KIM

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "s_dunlap85"
          <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to get some information on a James T Hardaway he was
          born
          > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma He married
          Rachel
          > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and died about
          Oct
          > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about them I would
          really
          > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks

        • s_dunlap85
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
            kim thanks so much for the info! I really needed some help!
            If I can ever help you, Just let me know K!

            Sally
          • kim_donley
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2008
              You are more than welcome hope the info leads u to other family
              members and tons of info.........KIM