Hardaway

  • s_dunlap85
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
      I am trying to get some information on a James T Hardaway he was born
      Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma He married Rachel
      Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and died about Oct
      1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about them I would really
      like some informaion on there parents! Thanks
    • Lois Edwards
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
        I had some time to kill so thought I would help you. I
        looked at census and did not find this couple. What
        were the names of their children? Did James T Hardaway
        have brothers or sisters?
        --- s_dunlap85 <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to get some information on a James T
        > Hardaway he was born
        > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma
        > He married Rachel
        > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and
        > died about Oct
        > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about
        > them I would really
        > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
        > at Ancestry.Com

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > (Yahoo! ID required)

        mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • Lois Edwards
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
          I found your James T with name spelled Harday in Bryan
          Ok 1910. 1910 Bryan Co Ok census
          James Harday 56 LA parents born GA
          Rachel P 56 GA parents born GA
          Joseph A 17 AR Parents born LA GA
          Martin T 13 AR Parents born LA Ga
          Living next door is Barney Hardaway 23 born AR
          wife Pearl 18 AR
          I checked in AR 1880 for various spellings of his name
          and did not find a James listed for 1880 but he was
          there because he had kids born there. It might be due
          to another misspelling.

          --- s_dunlap85 <s_dunlap85@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to get some information on a James T
          > Hardaway he was born
          > Sept 1853 Louisianna he died about 1905 in oklahoma
          > He married Rachel
          > Penina Willaims she was born oct 1856 in Georgia and
          > died about Oct
          > 1913 in Oklahoma. I don't know anything else about
          > them I would really
          > like some informaion on there parents! Thanks
          >

          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Searching for your ancestry? You'll find great help
          > at Ancestry.Com

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > (Yahoo! ID required)

          mailto:genealogyresearchclub-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • kim_donley
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
            He was still alive in 1910:
            1910 United States Federal Census
            about James F Harday
            Name: James F Harday
            [James T Harday]
            Age in 1910: 56
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1854
            Birthplace: Louisiana
            Relation to Head of House: Head
            Father's Birth Place: Georgia
            Mother's Birth Place: Georgia
            Spouse's Name: Rachall P
            Home in 1910: Township 6, Bryan, Oklahoma
            Marital Status: Married
            Race: White
            Gender: Male
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            James F Harday 56
            Rachall P Harday 56
            Joseph A Harday 17 born in Arks
            Mattie T Harday 13 born in Arks

            They may have been in Arkansas or OK in 1900 but i cant find them...
            I think this is Rachael and James son Joseph living with his sisters
            family in 1930.
            1930 United States Federal Census
            about Joseph A Hardaway
            Name: Joseph A Hardaway
            Home in 1930: Econtuchka, Seminole, Oklahoma
            Age: 37
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
            Birthplace: Arkansas
            Relation to Head of House: Brother-in-law
            Race: White
            Occupation:

            Education:

            Military service:

            Rent/home value:

            Age at first marriage:

            Parents' birthplace: View Image
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            Eben Sullivan 37
            Archie S Sullivan 34
            Mildred L Sullivan 12
            Evelyn P Sullivan 8
            J C Sullivan 5
            R B Sullivan 2 10/12
            Nina R Sullivan 6/12
            Joseph A Hardaway 37
            Viola L Hardaway 21
            Barney L Hardaway 2 11/12
            N Danthine Hardaway 1 3/12

            The actual draft says he has a wife and one child and lives in
            Glover Oklahoma. 5 feet and 11 inches and has weak eyes.
            about Joe A Hardaway
            Name: Joe A Hardaway
            City: Not Stated
            County: McCurtain
            State: Oklahoma
            Birthplace: Arkansas
            Birth Date: 3 May 1892
            Race: Caucasian (White)
            Roll: 1851808
            DraftBoard: 0

            Found Rachael Williams in 1870:
            1870 United States Federal Census
            about Rachael Williams
            Name: Rachael Williams
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1856
            Age in 1870: 14
            Birthplace: Georgia
            Home in 1870: Monroe, Sevier, Arkansas
            Race: White
            Gender: Female
            Post Office: Netta Boe
            Collin S Williams 52 Works on farm GA
            Mary A 47 keeps house GA
            Edward 17 works on farm GA
            Rachael 14 Ga
            Mary or Marg 7 Arks
            Barney or Barry? 5 Arks

            There are 2 oneworldtrees on Rachel and James if u go here u can
            see them http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi
            Lists Rachael's parents as Collin Stephen Williams and Mary Ann
            Davis. Here is what one of them had to say about James father:

            -----------

            ID: I046
            Name: Collin Stephen WILLIAMS
            Sex: M
            ALIA: Collin /Scott/
            Birth: 1820 in Georgia or VA
            Death: 27 NOV 1876 in Sevier County, Arkansas
            Fact 1: See Note Page
            Note:
            Owned land in Sevier County, AR, 1860, valued at $600. Was
            commissioned JP and performed marriage of Elizabeth Goodson and
            William Autrey on 4/30/1865.

            Sevier Court of Probate of January 7 (or 10) 1877:
            In matter of the estate of Collin S. Williams (deed?0
            Petition of Mary A. Williams
            widow to vest property (& c.?)
            Comes the said Mary A. Williams and presents to the Court here her
            petition praying the court to vest in her as the widow and relic of
            said deceased, the whole of this property (real & personal)
            belonging to said deceased, and that said deceased died in Sevier
            County intestate (on or about the 27th day of November, 1876,
            leaving a small? personal & real property. And it appearing that all
            said property real and personal amounts in value to the sum of two
            Hundred and fifty seven & 50/100 dollars (as per appraisement made
            by Zachariah Davis, L. L. Petty, and David Bunch, the? disinterested
            householders and citizens of Sevier County) and that said Mary A.
            Williams is of right entitled to be invested with all such property,
            said list and inventory of said property, and petition being
            properly sworn to -
            It is therefore by the court considered, ordered and adjudged that
            said Mary A. Williams be and she is hereby invested with the
            following described real and personal property, (the same being the
            property of _____deceased died? seized and possessed) to wit. all
            household & kitchen furniture - 600 lbs seed cotton, 7 head dry
            cattle, 3 head horses, one yoke oxen, none old ox wagon, 25 bushels
            corn, and 120 acres of land described as the w/2 of NE/4 and N.W./4
            of S.E./4 of Section 22 in township 8, S. Roup? thirty one (31) west
            lying & being in Sevier County - and said property real & personal
            is absolutely vested in said Mary A. Williams as such widow and
            relic.

            Facts about this person:

            Burial
            Bear Creek Cemetary, NE of DeQueen, Sevier County, Arkansas

            Will January 1877
            Sevier County, Arkansas

            Marriage 1 Mary Ann DAVIS b: APR 1822 in Carroll County, Georgia
            Married: 18 MAY 1851 in Carrol County, Georgia
            Children
            Edward Scott WILLIAMS b: 9 OCT 1852 in Georgia
            Rachael WILLIAMS b: 1856 in Georgia
            Mary WILLIAMS b: 1863 in Arkansas
            Barney WILLIAMS b: 1865 in Arkansas

            And about Rachael and James:
            ID: I034
            Name: Rachael WILLIAMS
            Sex: F
            Birth: 1856 in Georgia
            Death: WFT Est. 1888-1950

            Father: Collin Stephen WILLIAMS b: 1820 in Georgia or VA
            Mother: Mary Ann DAVIS b: APR 1822 in Carroll County, Georgia

            Marriage 1 James HARDAWAY b: 1860
            Married: 6 JUL 1883 in Sevier County, Arkansas
            Children
            Joe HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
            Barney Thurgood HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
            Cindy HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906
            Archie HARDAWAY b: WFT Est. 1876-1906

            Hoped some of this helped.....................KIM

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "s_dunlap85"

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
              kim thanks so much for the info! I really needed some help!
              If I can ever help you, Just let me know K!

              Sally
            • kim_donley
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15, 2008
                You are more than welcome hope the info leads u to other family
                members and tons of info.........KIM