World War I & II Draft

  • veggykid15@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2008
      Hello everyone,

      I was wondering if someone could tell me about the draft for WWI & II, what I really would like to know is how was a person chosen for the draft. Anything that you all know would be helpful.

      Thanks for your help.
      Lauren Mack

    • Dianne Planeta
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2008
        I believe it was by lottery. Man was assigned a number
        and then the numbers were put in a basket much like
        for bingo balls, then drawn out one at a time. There
        was, I remember a film clip of the draw from
        NY,whenthe first number was drawn the young mans
        mother screams. sad

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?