researching surnames

  • David Murch
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hi everyone,
      I am researching Murch, Morrison, Emerton, Wardwell,
      Tozier, Jackson, Smith, Cook, Humphrey, Brickett, Joy,
      Day, Kent, Leach. All from the early days of Maine and
      Mass.
      I have a lot of info on these families and would be
      happy to share and hear from other researchers.
      Dave
    • lobsterjesus
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
        Hi David, I'm a Murch descendant, but not any of the other names.

        My great grandmother was Lorena Murch from Bangor. Her father was Charles from Bangor, his father James from Castine Maine. I have a lot of info on those three folks, but have had a hard time going further back.

        Cheers,

        Scott Leonard
        San Francisco, CA

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, David Murch <mustang95_teal@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > I am researching Murch, Morrison, Emerton, Wardwell,
        > Tozier, Jackson, Smith, Cook, Humphrey, Brickett, Joy,
        > Day, Kent, Leach. All from the early days of Maine and
        > Mass.
        > I have a lot of info on these families and would be
        > happy to share and hear from other researchers.
        > Dave

      • David Murch
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
          Hi Scott, good to hear from you.
              I have an Ephraim Murch who was born in Gorham, Me. and died in Castine. He had a son James. All of Ephraims children were born in Castine. I don't have any more info on James. I have connected most Murch's in Hancock County and I would be surprised if this wasn't your James. This James's lineage goes like this,
             James b. 1817,
                Ephraim Murch b. 2/1/1778 in Gorham, Me. and Rebecca Cobb,
                   Walter Murch b. 1736 in Biddeford, me. and Jerusha Brown,
                       Walter Murch b. abt. 1705 in York, Me. and Rebecca Garland,
                          Walter Murch and Deborah, not sure where they came from but there is
                           speculation they came from Devonshire, England.
          I would like to have more info on James and his family and decendants.
          If this is the correct James,our connection is Walter and Deborah. About ninth cousins. lol

              Have a good day,
              Dave

          Dave Murch