Re: Family Tree Maker 2008

  • tina.tolbert
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
      I also bought the family tree maker 2008 and I wish that I had not
      done so. I should have just gotten FTM 16 that you can still get
      online. I got the FTM 2008 because I am running Vista and my old one
      would not work on it. It crashes alot. And after fighting with it for
      3 days I am now in my 3rd day of merging my family tree to it. I have
      even emailed the makers about the problems and am still waiting for a
      email back from them.
      Good Luck with yours
      Tina

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Jewelly <jewelly66@...>
      wrote:

      > Also another possibility with freezing is the system you are running
      may be too slow to cope with the latest version of FTM.

      > I also recently purchased a copy of FTM 2008 and it appears to
      work well, although some days it can be a bit slow, (not freezing
      though) my system is about 3 years old. (and even then it was a base
      line system)

      > So if anything i would put it down to that. (MY kids computer is
      faster than mine!...lol but thats cause they play games on it and mine
      does what i want it to :)

      > Also if you dont have much space on the harddrive it can slow the
      processor down as it has no excess memory to use so to speak.

      > cheers
      > Jewelly
      >
      > nthia_sparks2002@...> wrote:
      > Does your PC have Vista? If so, it's not Family Tree Maker. Vista
      is not compatible with alot of software.