Re: [Genealogy Research Club] New Alabama Research website

  • Topaz1954
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 14 2:11 PM
      Thank you. My husband is connected to Alabama on both his parent's lines and I have connections to Alabama on my paternal grandmother's line.

      Alabama Surnames: STERNENBERG, WITTE, FORMAN, PATTERSON, GRAY

    • Kathy P
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 15 6:43 AM
        I tried to register for your site and was told I would get a confirmation email and that I needed to click on a link to have my registration confirmed. Never did get that email.

        Kathy
        Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.

      • Shannon
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 15 8:15 AM
          Hi there all,

          My name is Shannon. I live in Alaska, although I was born in Watertown, NY,
          which is upstate. All of my family lives there and a great deal of my
          research resides there. Mainly upstate NY, Ontario CA, some Quebec. I have
          several roadblocks one of mine that is more important. My paternal ggg
          grandfather's name is Gordon Alexander Heaslip born in Ganaoque, Ontario,
          CA. His mother, Elizabeth, shows up on a census as being a widow and from
          Ireland. There is also a brother to Gordon living with them at that time.
          His name is Tom. I'm almost certain that he's the eldest son... I'm leaning
          to think that Gordon's dad's name is Thomas as well. I feel very strongly
          that I connect this line to Ireland...

          The other 'Big' problem for me must be some sort of family mystery. My
          mothers maternal ggrandparents... are missing. I don't get it. I know where
          to find information. I'm not a professional geneologist... but I think I'm
          pretty good at what I do. I do have her grandparents tho. The husband's name
          is Arthur Cisco B. 1907 (Ancestry just isnt letting me in, I'll give better
          dates if anyone requests them) and Grace Bell B. 1911. Both born upstate.
          They are both buried at North Watertown Cemetary. I can't find either of
          them on a census before they got married. Its driving me crazy! Now... I
          even tried to contact the Cisco's I know are still around. My mom isn't
          close at all... and I am even less... I moved away from NY when I was 6.
          They all said... Leave the past in the past. That's all. Little do they
          know... that just makes me want to know MORE! I mean, these are my family.
          Anyhow, any help that anyone could offer with these two would just make my
          year. I've been working and struggling for a long time. Thanks!

          Shannon

        • Topaz1954
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 15 10:37 AM
            Hi Kathy,
            I signed up yesterday, also, and my activation email did not show up until this morning.

            Vivian

          • alabamapioneers
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 15 9:14 PM
              It may have been rejected by your Spam filter. If you have access to
              the emails in your Spam filter, check to see if it is in it. Thank you
              for your interest. Contact me at info@... if you are
              still having trouble. Thank you for your interest in the
              www.alabamapioneers.com

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Kathy P <pkathy98@...>
              wrote:

              > I tried to register for your site and was told I would get a
              confirmation email and that I needed to click on a link to have my
              registration confirmed. Never did get that email.

              > Kathy
              > Genealogists never die, they just lose their census.

            • jbaconsr
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 16 5:19 AM
                In Addison ,Steuben Co, NY lived the following Sisco family:
                338-344
                Edwin Sisco head age 30 m1 9 PA PA NY
                May wife age 26 m1 9 4-3 NY NY NY
                Nelson son age 8 NY NY NY
                Leon son age 7 NY PA NY
                Arthur son age 3 NY PA NY

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon"
                <shannon@...> wrote:

                > Hi there all,
                >
                > My name is Shannon. I live in Alaska, although I was born in
                Watertown, NY,
                > which is upstate. All of my family lives there and a great deal of
                my
                > research resides there. Mainly upstate NY, Ontario CA, some
                Quebec. I have
                > several roadblocks one of mine that is more important. My paternal
                ggg
                > grandfather's name is Gordon Alexander Heaslip born in Ganaoque,
                Ontario,
                > CA. His mother, Elizabeth, shows up on a census as being a widow
                and from
                > Ireland. There is also a brother to Gordon living with them at
                that time.
                > His name is Tom. I'm almost certain that he's the eldest son...
                I'm leaning
                > to think that Gordon's dad's name is Thomas as well. I feel very
                strongly
                > that I connect this line to Ireland...
                >
                > The other 'Big' problem for me must be some sort of family
                mystery. My
                > mothers maternal ggrandparents... are missing. I don't get it. I
                know where
                > to find information. I'm not a professional geneologist... but I
                think I'm
                > pretty good at what I do. I do have her grandparents tho. The
                husband's name
                > is Arthur Cisco B. 1907 (Ancestry just isnt letting me in, I'll
                give better
                > dates if anyone requests them) and Grace Bell B. 1911. Both born
                upstate.
                > They are both buried at North Watertown Cemetary. I can't find
                either of
                > them on a census before they got married. Its driving me crazy!
                Now... I
                > even tried to contact the Cisco's I know are still around. My mom
                isn't
                > close at all... and I am even less... I moved away from NY when I
                was 6.
                > They all said... Leave the past in the past. That's all. Little do
                they
                > know... that just makes me want to know MORE! I mean, these are my
                family.
                > Anyhow, any help that anyone could offer with these two would just
                make my
                > year. I've been working and struggling for a long time. Thanks!
                >
                > Shannon

              • jbaconsr
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 16 5:43 AM
                  The same family of Edward Sisco and May are in Addison in 1920 with
                  one more child. Harry ,born 1919 is with them.

                  In 1930 Arthur and Grace appear to be in Milo and Starkey, Yates
                  Co,NY. Both census have them as having married abt 1927.Probably
                  moved and got caught up in both census.

                • Peakcat@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 16 12:09 PM
                    Shannon:

                    Unfortunately there are some family mysteries that can't be explained. Is
                    everyone in your mother's family completely against talking about her great
                    grandparents or is there a family member you might be able to contact and get
                    some information from who would understand why you are so interested? Since you
                    know where they are both buried have you also tried getting the census for
                    the years they might have lived in Watertown, NY and see what you come up with
                    from that?

                    Happy hunting.

                    Ina Getzoff
                    _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)

                    2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

                  • jbaconsr
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 18 6:17 AM
                      Hi Shannon,
                      The Sisco families from Addison,Steuben co. NY were there in 1910
                      and 1920. I forgot to indicate in my first e-mail reply what census
                      I had found them.
                      In 1900 NY Warren Co, Glenn Falls dist 103 45 Platt St
                      household 213-212
                      Adelbert LaRoy head 10/1855 age 44 m6 PA PA PA
                      Hattie wife 3/1870 age 30 m6 NY NY NY
                      Harry son 10/1899 age 8/12 NY PA NY
                      William Cisco b-in-l 7/1878 age 21 single PA NY NY
                      Edward b-in-l 8/1881 age 19 single PA NY NY
                      Katherine Canley(Conley?) boarder 10/1875 age 24 single NY IRE IRE

                      WWI Draft registration card:
                      Edward Carlton Cisco b.8/11/1880
                      Wife May Cisco, Residence 136 Chestnut St,Corning ,NY Steuben Co.
                      <shannon@...> wrote:

                      > Hi there all,
                      >
                      > My name is Shannon. I live in Alaska, although I was born in
                      Watertown, NY,
                      > which is upstate. All of my family lives there and a great deal of
                      my
                      > research resides there. Mainly upstate NY, Ontario CA, some
                      Quebec. I have
                      > several roadblocks one of mine that is more important. My paternal
                      ggg
                      > grandfather's name is Gordon Alexander Heaslip born in Ganaoque,
                      Ontario,
                      > CA. His mother, Elizabeth, shows up on a census as being a widow
                      and from
                      > Ireland. There is also a brother to Gordon living with them at
                      that time.
                      > His name is Tom. I'm almost certain that he's the eldest son...
                      I'm leaning
                      > to think that Gordon's dad's name is Thomas as well. I feel very
                      strongly
                      > that I connect this line to Ireland...
                      >
                      > The other 'Big' problem for me must be some sort of family
                      mystery. My
                      > mothers maternal ggrandparents... are missing. I don't get it. I
                      know where
                      > to find information. I'm not a professional geneologist... but I
                      think I'm
                      > pretty good at what I do. I do have her grandparents tho. The
                      husband's name
                      > is Arthur Cisco B. 1907 (Ancestry just isnt letting me in, I'll
                      give better
                      > dates if anyone requests them) and Grace Bell B. 1911. Both born
                      upstate.
                      > They are both buried at North Watertown Cemetary. I can't find
                      either of
                      > them on a census before they got married. Its driving me crazy!
                      Now... I
                      > even tried to contact the Cisco's I know are still around. My mom
                      isn't
                      > close at all... and I am even less... I moved away from NY when I
                      was 6.
                      > They all said... Leave the past in the past. That's all. Little do
                      they
                      > know... that just makes me want to know MORE! I mean, these are my
                      family.
                      > Anyhow, any help that anyone could offer with these two would just
                      make my
                      > year. I've been working and struggling for a long time. Thanks!
                      >
                      > Shannon

                    • brenda
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 18 5:28 PM
                        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Topaz1954 <Topaz1954@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Thank you. My husband is connected to Alabama on both his parent's
                        lines and I have connections to Alabama on my paternal grandmother's
                        line.

                        > Alabama Surnames: STERNENBERG, WITTE, FORMAN, PATTERSON, GRAY

                        my grandfather was robert patterson once married to thelma smith maiden
                        name
                      • Mary E. Conley
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 19 4:06 AM
                          Hi Shannon,

                          I believe your reference to Ontario CA means Ontario Canada - am I correct? The main reason I ask is that there is an Ontario California and since I live in California that is what I read, at first. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that using CA could cause confusion.

                          Mary

                          <shannon@...> wrote:

                          > Hi there all,
                          >
                          > My name is Shannon. I live in Alaska, although I was born in
                          Watertown, NY,
                          > which is upstate. All of my family lives there and a great deal of
                          my
                          > research resides there. Mainly upstate NY, Ontario CA, some
                          Quebec. I have
                          > several roadblocks one of mine that is more important. My paternal
                          ggg
                          > grandfather's name is Gordon Alexander Heaslip born in Ganaoque,
                          Ontario,
                          > CA. His mother, Elizabeth, shows up on a census as being a widow
                          and from
                          > Ireland. There is also a brother to Gordon living with them at
                          that time.
                          > His name is Tom. I'm almost certain that he's the eldest son...
                          I'm leaning
                          > to think that Gordon's dad's name is Thomas as well. I feel very
                          strongly
                          > that I connect this line to Ireland...
                          >
                          > The other 'Big' problem for me must be some sort of family
                          mystery. My
                          > mothers maternal ggrandparents... are missing. I don't get it. I
                          know where
                          > to find information. I'm not a professional geneologist... but I
                          think I'm
                          > pretty good at what I do. I do have her grandparents tho. The
                          husband's name
                          > is Arthur Cisco B. 1907 (Ancestry just isnt letting me in, I'll
                          give better
                          > dates if anyone requests them) and Grace Bell B. 1911. Both born
                          upstate.
                          > They are both buried at North Watertown Cemetary. I can't find
                          either of
                          > them on a census before they got married. Its driving me crazy!
                          Now... I
                          > even tried to contact the Cisco's I know are still around. My mom
                          isn't
                          > close at all... and I am even less... I moved away from NY when I
                          was 6.
                          > They all said... Leave the past in the past. That's all. Little do
                          they
                          > know... that just makes me want to know MORE! I mean, these are my
                          family.
                          > Anyhow, any help that anyone could offer with these two would just
                          make my
                          > year. I've been working and struggling for a long time. Thanks!
                          >
                          > Shannon

                        • Shannon
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 19 8:03 AM
                            Yes.. I was referencing Canada. As I don't have any connections to
                            Californina... at all... its never been a concern to me, but I'll make sure
                            to not do that. Thanks.

                            Shannon

                            _____

                            jbaconsr <jbaconsr@yahoo. <mailto:jbaconsr%40yahoo.com> com> wrote:
                            Hi Shannon,
                            The Sisco families from Addison,Steuben co. NY were there in 1910
                            and 1920. I forgot to indicate in my first e-mail reply what census
                            I had found them.
                            In 1900 NY Warren Co, Glenn Falls dist 103 45 Platt St
                            household 213-212
                            Adelbert LaRoy head 10/1855 age 44 m6 PA PA PA
                            Hattie wife 3/1870 age 30 m6 NY NY NY
                            Harry son 10/1899 age 8/12 NY PA NY
                            William Cisco b-in-l 7/1878 age 21 single PA NY NY
                            Edward b-in-l 8/1881 age 19 single PA NY NY
                            Katherine Canley(Conley?) boarder 10/1875 age 24 single NY IRE IRE

                            WWI Draft registration card:
                            Edward Carlton Cisco b.8/11/1880
                            Wife May Cisco, Residence 136 Chestnut St,Corning ,NY Steuben Co.
                            --- In genealogyresearchcl <mailto:genealogyresearchclub%40yahoogroups.com>
                            ub@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon"