seeking information

  • Mr. H.P. Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2008
      I am seeking information, on my great-grandpa Pernu,
      his name was Adolph Pernu. I would like information,
      on his parents, grand-parents, great-grandparents,
      ect.

      He came from Finland, he lived in Kelvia, he was born
      in the 1800's.
      I also seek information, on any other relatives,
      before the 1800's.

      Thankyou,

      blacknight_55710@ yahoo.com
    • John
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 10, 2008
        There are 2 Adolph Pernus in the 1920 Census. If you know which one
        is your grandfather, it would be a great help in tracking him back to
        his parents.

        John Wolfe
        Corinth, Texas

        1920 United States Federal Census
        Name: Adolph Pernu
        Home in 1920: Virginia, St Louis, Minnesota
        Age: 47 years
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1873
        Birthplace: Finland
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Spouse's Name: Anna
        Father's Birth Place: Finland
        Mother's Birth Place: Finland
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Sex: Male
        Home owned: Own
        Year of Immigration: 1890
        Able to read: Yes
        Able to Write: Yes
        Image: 290

        Household Members: Name Age
        Adolph Pernu 47
        Anna Pernu 43
        Fred Pernu 36
        Helena Pernu 21
        Wilbur Pernu 19
        Arnold Pernu 18
        Lester Pernu 16
        Sulo Pernu 14
        Edna Pernu 12
        Ray Pernu 10
        Sidney Pernu 8
        Ethel Pernu 6
        Evelyn Pernu 4 11/12
        Elva Pernu 2 11/12
        Clifford Pernu 1 2/12

        Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Virginia, St Louis,
        Minnesota; Roll: T625_861; Page: 16A; Enumeration District: 201;
        Image: 290.
        1920 United States Federal Census
        Name: Adolph Pernu
        Home in 1920: Leaf Lake, Otter Tail, Minnesota
        Age: 36 years
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1884
        Birthplace: Minnesota
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Spouse's Name: Edna
        Father's Birth Place: Finland
        Mother's Birth Place: Finland
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Sex: Male
        Home owned: Rent
        Able to read: Yes
        Able to Write: Yes
        Occupation: Hardware Salesman
        Image: 164

        Household Members: Name Age
        Adolph Pernu 36
        Edna Pernu 36 Born in Finland
        Randolph Pernu 5 Born in Minnesota
        Carmen Pernu 2 Born in Minnesota

        There is a Charley Pernu living next door, age 34, farmer, born in
        Finland, Wife Anna (37), Daughters Bernice (9) and Hazel (6).

        Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Leaf Lake, Otter Tail,
        Minnesota; Roll: T625_849; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 150;
        Image: 164.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mr. H.P. Jr."