Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Research at the Vermont Historical Society

  • airtym
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6 5:14 AM
      I was think about donating my findings yesterday when I am done. I am
      very excited about the thought of giving this back to the VHS when I
      am done. They have been very helpful, in my research. My research
      when done will fill a fifty year gap in my family's reseach. It will
      be complete from the current day back to 1635. This is research done
      on the name Green(e).

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, michael wolcott
      <mikewolcott@...> wrote:

      > I make it a rule to let a library or historical society know in
      advance that I am coming because that helps to give them a chance to
      find items that might prove interesting and helpful towards my
      research.

      > You could still try to email the Vermont Historical Society with
      a list of surnames you seek and some dates - don't supply them with
      ALL your information because that may overwhelm them.

      > Do suggest that you would be happy to donate information to the
      historical society for others may come along who see your material
      and may be able to provide you with even more information - or you
      may meet a living family member.