Hi Everybody time to start looking for mine

  • cfrustine
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2008
      I'm searching for my paternal side grandfather THOMAS BIRKBECK 1866-
      67-71-72 BECAUSE ALL THESE DATES HAVE BEEN LISTED AS DATE OF BIRTH?
      HE DIED IN 1928 CLINTON,VERMILLION,INDIANA. GRANDFATHER ARRIVED
      FROM
      ENGLAND 1901 ACCORDING TO HIS NATURALAZATION APPLICATION HE SAID HE
      WAS BORN IN 1871 PENSHER,DURHAM ENGLAND AND LIVED IN GATESHEAD
      BEFORE LEAVING
      FROM LIVERPOOL ON THE BELGENLAND IN 1899 FOR THE US HAVE NOT FOUND
      BOARDING RECORDS OR HIS FIRST WIFE WHO DIED IN 1905 ACCORDING TO HIS
      MARRIAGE APPLICATION TO GRANDMOTHER HE SAID HE WAS BORN IN 1872, ANY
      CENSUS RECORDS I'VE FOUND SAID HE WAS BORN IN 1866 IN PENSHER,DURHAM
      ENGLAND NOW I GET THE PHOTO OF THE HEADSTONE AND IT SAYS 1867-1928
      SO HOW DO I FIND THE CIRRECT DATE???DEC 1ST APPEARS TO BE RIGHT??
      HIS PARENTS ARE LISTED AS THOMAS BIRKBECK 1844 AND JANE CRAWFORD 1846
      AND GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER IS ALSO THOMAS BIRKBECK?? HALF THE
      THOMAS BIRKBECKS IN ALL OF ENGLAND SEEM TO MARRY JANE'S??
      NEXT I NEED TO FIND GRANDMOTHERS FAMILY HER DAD ISSAC JONES 1852-
      1917 WAS BORN TO BENJ AND CATHRINE JONES IN PENSYLVANIA THE FIRST
      AMERICAN BORN CHILD I BELIEVE THEY BROUGHT 3 WITH THEM FROM WALES
      AND HAD 3 MORE AFTER ISSAC THEY WERE A FAMILY OF COAL MINERS ISSAC
      SETTLED IN PARKE COUNTY INDIANA AND MARRIED MARY NOWLING HAD TWO
      CHILDREN BENJAMIN 1874 AND CATHERINE 1878 MARY DIED 1881 AND ISSAC
      MARRIED MY GR GRANDMOTHER IDA M HEATH IN 1883 AND HAD 9 MORE CHILDREN
      IDA RAISED ISSACS FIRST TWO ALONG SIDE HER OWN MY GRANDMOTHER WAS
      IDA M JONES/BIRKBECK 1889-1973 WELL THIS IS ENOUGH FOR NOW I'LL BE
      BACK HOPEFULLY SOME HELP IS OUT THERE THANK YOU ALL CLAIRE IDA
      BIRKBECK/FRUSTINE