HELP with Burns, Taylor, Donovan of Chicago

  • Matthew J. De Witt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2008
      I am searching for any information about my Irish ancestors, who lived in Chicago. My great-great-grandmother was Ella Johanna De Witt (nee. Burns). I am searching for information about her parents, and their parents.

      What I know follows:
      father - Malicha Burns, b.1859, Chicago
      paternal grandfather - Daniel Burns, b.?, Ireland
      paternal grandmother - Johanna Donovan, b.?, Ireland
      mother - Johannah Taylor, b.1866, Illinois
      maternal grandfather - David Taylor, b.1825, Ireland
      maternal grandmother - Bridget nee?, b.1830, Ireland

      I have Malicha's death certificate, which lists his parents names and that they were born in Ireland, but nothing else. Also, I haven't been able to find Malicha in any census before 1900.
      I got the names of Johannah Taylor's parents from census records, but I don't know anything else beyond that.

      I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide. I hope to hear from someone soon. If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks.

      Matthew De Witt
      Kenosha, Wis.
      ccwalker_uwp@...