Re: [Genealogy Research Club] re: Noe family

  • Mary E. Conley
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
      I did a search for "Charlie Noe" and found the following:

      On the CFS web site a Ellen (Bunny) Havel sent a message the reads:
      "dear jimmy, I am your Dad’s cousin, Bunny Havel and Charlie Noe is my Brother-in-law. We both care for you and send our love and prayers for a full recovery.We will be thinking of you."
      http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=3905&idUser=74574&dspPrintReady=1

      There is also a Rootsweb site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~kylarue/1894dist28.html
      which contains the 1894 Larue County Kentucky School Census which shows:

      No. Parent/Guardian Children (Born Male Age Female Age
      1874 thru 1888)

      52 N.J. Noe Charlie Noe M 17
      53 Rob Noe M 13
      54 Harvey Noe M 9
      55 Albert Noe M 7

      60 J. G. Lee Laura Lee F 8
      61 Luther Lee M 17

      Not sure if this is the right "Laura" connection or not but perhaps Rootsweb is a place to look.

      Finally I found http://www.censusonline.us/browse/NOE/ and from there you can go to Charlie as the first name or any other Noe. This does link to paid web sites but at least you have the information.

      There were some other websites that showed up but I'll let you do your own search via whatever search engine you prefer and see if you find other.

      Let me know. I'm still looking for Velma Noe Jones and Elizabeth Farler Noe Brock.

      Mary

      Shirley Patrick <patricktree68@...> wrote:
      Terrell texas Randal Noe ford.

      aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote: No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only one
      aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know that they
      lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he passed
      away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura. please bear
      with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where or how
      to start. Any help would be appreciated.

    • aggietpa
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "genieandruby"
        <genieandruby@...> wrote:

        > I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
        > might help
        > http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
        > This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
        > Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in
        Mississippi.
        > Hope it helps
        > Good Luck
        > Genie
        >

        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
        > <aggietpa@> wrote:
        > >
        > > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is
        only
        > one
        > > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know
        that they
        > > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he
        passed
        > > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura.
        please bear
        > > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where
        or how
        > > to start. Any help would be appreciated.
        > >
        >Thank you for that info...I did send them an email.One of my fathers
        brothers name was Samuel D, he was born in 1904 or 05.