Family Search New Databases!!

  • Tina Stedman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2008
      Many of you know that Family Search was using volunteers to transcribe
      records so that they could post these records online for free use.

      Several of these records are now online but you must register with them
      and get approval before being allowed to search the records.

      *****A warning - They are manually approving this website so it can take as
      long as 2 weeks before you get your confirmation email to use this
      website. ****

      The following are records that can only be searched, no browsing the
      database. For instance, the Ohio Death Records, you put in who you are
      looking for and it will give you results for that search. When you
      click on the search link, the actual death record is available for you
      to see. You can then either print or save that record. You can not,
      however, just browse through all the records.

      1880 US Census
      1895 Argentina Census
      1900 US Census
      Freedman Bank Records 1865 - 1874
      England, Cheshire, Register of Electors 1842 - 1900
      Maryland, Cecil County Probate Estate Files 1851 - 1940
      NY Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island) 1892 - 1924
      Freedman's Bureau Virgina Marriages ca. 1815 - 1866
      Georgia Deaths 1914 - 1927
      Ontario Deaths 1869 - 1947
      Ohio Deaths 1908 - 1953
      Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956
      Texas Death Index 1964 - 1998
      US Social Security Death Index

      These records you can browse them by particular parameters but not
      search the record unless it happens to also be in the list above.

      1850 US Census
      1850 US Census Mortality Schedule
      1850 US Census Slave Schedule
      1900 US Census
      1930 Mexico Census
      Maryland, Cecil County Probate Estate Files 1851 - 1940
      Vermont Land Records Early to 1900
      US World War II Draft Registration Cards 1942
      England, Diocese of Durham Bishops Transcripts ca. 1700 - 1900
      Virginia, Fluvanna County, Colbert Funeral Home Records 1929 - 1976

      *****I just want to repeat that you need to be patient with the registration.
      It can take up to 2 weeks or more before you receive a confirmation
      email giving you access to the information.******

      I personally have downloaded about 20 death certificates for my family
      from this website. Only the databases above are available. There is no
      other information at this website.

      Good Luck with your searching!!

      http://search.labs.familysearch.org

      Happy Hunting,
      Tina Stedman
      List Admin
    • Dianne Planeta
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
        If you have already registered there is no problem. I
        just logged in and was able to search immediately.
        Di

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Sandra
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2008
          Greetings! and thank you so much for this! I just wanted to say that I signed up yesterday and got approved almost immediatedly. Thanks again! Sandra