Noe family

  • aggietpa
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
      Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?
    • Shirley Schroeder
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 15, 2008
        There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the information that I need.

        I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

        Here are a few sites that are free:
        www.rootsweb.com
        www.myfamily.com
        www.genealogy.about.net
        www.mytrees.com
        www.familysearch.org
        www.genealogybank.com

        Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
        www.familyoldphotos.com

        Good Luck!
        Shirley Lee

        aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
        Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

      • Dianne Planeta
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 16, 2008
          Try Roots web and US Gen web.

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • laurafitzroyperry
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 16, 2008
            Are you looking for Charles & Laura Noe?

            I just sent about 5 documents to someone else regarding this family -
            (maybe sent to the wrong person!?) SIGH!!

            If this is the couple you're looking for, I can send you what I have.

            Let me know. You can email direct if quicker.

            Laura

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
            <aggietpa@...> wrote:

            > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

          • Mary E. Conley
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 17, 2008
              I have 2 Noe's who married into my family:

              1. Elizabeth Farler Noe b. Abt 1750; m. Aaron Brock b. 1748 Virginia. They are my 5th Great Grand Aunt and Uncle.

              2. Velva Noe m. Dalton Edward Jones b. 5 Dec 1928 Bowlegs, Seminole, OK. Dalton is my first cousin once removed and son of Jack (no middle name) Jones b. 13 Jun 1901 in Whiteright, Grayson, Texas.

              Thanks for any help on either of these two lines

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 17, 2008
                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Schroeder
                <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                information that I need.

                > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                > Here are a few sites that are free:
                > www.rootsweb.com
                > www.myfamily.com
                > www.genealogy.about.net
                > www.mytrees.com
                > www.familysearch.org
                > www.genealogybank.com
                >
                > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                > www.familyoldphotos.com
                >
                > Good Luck!
                > Shirley Lee
                >

                > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                paying a fee?

                > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                Riverview,Fl.

              • Shirley Schroeder
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 18, 2008
                  Your welcome! I hope I helped a little. I really would like to help more people, but I don't have access to information that people need. Good luck in your search!
                  Shirley Lee

                  <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                  > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                  you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                  www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                  them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                  them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                  information that I need.

                  > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                  ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                  groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                  grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                  > Here are a few sites that are free:
                  > www.rootsweb.com
                  > www.myfamily.com
                  > www.genealogy.about.net
                  > www.mytrees.com
                  > www.familysearch.org
                  > www.genealogybank.com
                  >
                  > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                  > www.familyoldphotos.com
                  >
                  > Good Luck!
                  > Shirley Lee
                  >

                  > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                  > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                  paying a fee?

                  > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                  standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                  Riverview,Fl.

                • genieandruby
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                    I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                    might help
                    http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                    This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                    Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in Mississippi.
                    Hope it helps
                    Good Luck
                    Genie

                    <aggietpa@...> wrote:

                    > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only
                    one
                    > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know that they
                    > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he passed
                    > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura. please bear
                    > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where or how
                    > to start. Any help would be appreciated.

                  • Mary E. Conley
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                      I did a search for "Charlie Noe" and found the following:

                      On the CFS web site a Ellen (Bunny) Havel sent a message the reads:
                      "dear jimmy, I am your Dad’s cousin, Bunny Havel and Charlie Noe is my Brother-in-law. We both care for you and send our love and prayers for a full recovery.We will be thinking of you."
                      http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=3905&idUser=74574&dspPrintReady=1

                      There is also a Rootsweb site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~kylarue/1894dist28.html
                      which contains the 1894 Larue County Kentucky School Census which shows:

                      No. Parent/Guardian Children (Born Male Age Female Age
                      1874 thru 1888)

                      52 N.J. Noe Charlie Noe M 17
                      53 Rob Noe M 13
                      54 Harvey Noe M 9
                      55 Albert Noe M 7

                      60 J. G. Lee Laura Lee F 8
                      61 Luther Lee M 17

                      Not sure if this is the right "Laura" connection or not but perhaps Rootsweb is a place to look.

                      Finally I found http://www.censusonline.us/browse/NOE/ and from there you can go to Charlie as the first name or any other Noe. This does link to paid web sites but at least you have the information.

                      There were some other websites that showed up but I'll let you do your own search via whatever search engine you prefer and see if you find other.

                      Let me know. I'm still looking for Velma Noe Jones and Elizabeth Farler Noe Brock.

                      Mary

                      Shirley Patrick <patricktree68@...> wrote:
                      Terrell texas Randal Noe ford.

                      aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote: No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only one

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "genieandruby"
                        <genieandruby@...> wrote:

                        > I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                        > might help
                        > http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                        > This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                        > Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in
                        Mississippi.
                        > Hope it helps
                        > Good Luck
                        > Genie
                        >

                        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
                        > <aggietpa@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is
                        only
                        > one
                        > > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know
                        that they
                        > > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he
                        passed
                        > > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura.
                        please bear
                        > > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where
                        or how
                        > > to start. Any help would be appreciated.
                        > >
                        >Thank you for that info...I did send them an email.One of my fathers
                        brothers name was Samuel D, he was born in 1904 or 05.