Re: Noe family

  • aggietpa
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 14 9:42 AM
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon" <smgorohoff@...>
      wrote:

      > Also quickly checked Charlie NOE born about 1878 +/- 1year for 1880
      > census in TN. If the Charlie I previously posted is the same, and his
      > family was in TN (good possibility as he married there) then there
      are
      > 2 possiblities for names of parents. Joseph & Eliza in District 5,
      > Grainger, TN or Samuel & Elsie in Burnetts, Hamblen, TN . These
      > families each ave sons named Charlie NOE who is 1 year old. These
      > families may be related as many families named sons after parent or
      > brother of the husband.

      That makes sense to me, as i son was named Sam. I will use your info
      and try to get going as I didn't know where to start.Thanks so
      much..Aggie
    • aggietpa
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 14 12:13 PM
        Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?
      • Shirley Schroeder
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 15 8:21 AM
          There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the information that I need.

          I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

          Here are a few sites that are free:
          www.rootsweb.com
          www.myfamily.com
          www.genealogy.about.net
          www.mytrees.com
          www.familysearch.org
          www.genealogybank.com

          Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
          www.familyoldphotos.com

          Good Luck!
          Shirley Lee

          aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
          Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

        • Dianne Planeta
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 16 5:09 AM
            Try Roots web and US Gen web.

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
          • laurafitzroyperry
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 16 5:24 AM
              Are you looking for Charles & Laura Noe?

              I just sent about 5 documents to someone else regarding this family -
              (maybe sent to the wrong person!?) SIGH!!

              If this is the couple you're looking for, I can send you what I have.

              Let me know. You can email direct if quicker.

              Laura

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
              <aggietpa@...> wrote:

              > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

            • Mary E. Conley
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 17 7:07 PM
                I have 2 Noe's who married into my family:

                1. Elizabeth Farler Noe b. Abt 1750; m. Aaron Brock b. 1748 Virginia. They are my 5th Great Grand Aunt and Uncle.

                2. Velva Noe m. Dalton Edward Jones b. 5 Dec 1928 Bowlegs, Seminole, OK. Dalton is my first cousin once removed and son of Jack (no middle name) Jones b. 13 Jun 1901 in Whiteright, Grayson, Texas.

                Thanks for any help on either of these two lines

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 17 11:00 PM
                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Schroeder
                  <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                  > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                  you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                  www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                  them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                  them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                  information that I need.

                  > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                  ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                  groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                  grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                  > Here are a few sites that are free:
                  > www.rootsweb.com
                  > www.myfamily.com
                  > www.genealogy.about.net
                  > www.mytrees.com
                  > www.familysearch.org
                  > www.genealogybank.com
                  >
                  > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                  > www.familyoldphotos.com
                  >
                  > Good Luck!
                  > Shirley Lee
                  >

                  > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                  > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                  paying a fee?

                  > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                  standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                  Riverview,Fl.

                • Shirley Schroeder
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 18 5:04 AM
                    Your welcome! I hope I helped a little. I really would like to help more people, but I don't have access to information that people need. Good luck in your search!
                    Shirley Lee

                    <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                    > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                    you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                    www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                    them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                    them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                    information that I need.

                    > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                    ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                    groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                    grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                    > Here are a few sites that are free:
                    > www.rootsweb.com
                    > www.myfamily.com
                    > www.genealogy.about.net
                    > www.mytrees.com
                    > www.familysearch.org
                    > www.genealogybank.com
                    >
                    > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                    > www.familyoldphotos.com
                    >
                    > Good Luck!
                    > Shirley Lee
                    >

                    > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                    > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                    paying a fee?

                    > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                    standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                    Riverview,Fl.

                  • genieandruby
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 20 2:31 PM
                      I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                      might help
                      http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                      This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                      Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in Mississippi.
                      Hope it helps
                      Good Luck
                      Genie

                      <aggietpa@...> wrote:

                      > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only
                      one
                      > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know that they
                      > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he passed
                      > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura. please bear
                      > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where or how
                      > to start. Any help would be appreciated.

                    • Mary E. Conley
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 20 7:44 PM
                        I did a search for "Charlie Noe" and found the following:

                        On the CFS web site a Ellen (Bunny) Havel sent a message the reads:
                        "dear jimmy, I am your Dad’s cousin, Bunny Havel and Charlie Noe is my Brother-in-law. We both care for you and send our love and prayers for a full recovery.We will be thinking of you."
                        http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=3905&idUser=74574&dspPrintReady=1

                        There is also a Rootsweb site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~kylarue/1894dist28.html
                        which contains the 1894 Larue County Kentucky School Census which shows:

                        No. Parent/Guardian Children (Born Male Age Female Age
                        1874 thru 1888)

                        52 N.J. Noe Charlie Noe M 17
                        53 Rob Noe M 13
                        54 Harvey Noe M 9
                        55 Albert Noe M 7

                        60 J. G. Lee Laura Lee F 8
                        61 Luther Lee M 17

                        Not sure if this is the right "Laura" connection or not but perhaps Rootsweb is a place to look.

                        Finally I found http://www.censusonline.us/browse/NOE/ and from there you can go to Charlie as the first name or any other Noe. This does link to paid web sites but at least you have the information.

                        There were some other websites that showed up but I'll let you do your own search via whatever search engine you prefer and see if you find other.

                        Let me know. I'm still looking for Velma Noe Jones and Elizabeth Farler Noe Brock.

                        Mary

                        Shirley Patrick <patricktree68@...> wrote:
                        Terrell texas Randal Noe ford.

                        aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote: No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only one

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 20 7:59 PM
                          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "genieandruby"
                          <genieandruby@...> wrote:

                          > I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                          > might help
                          > http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                          > This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                          > Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in
                          Mississippi.
                          > Hope it helps
                          > Good Luck
                          > Genie
                          >

                          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
                          > <aggietpa@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is
                          only
                          > one
                          > > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know
                          that they
                          > > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he
                          passed
                          > > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura.
                          please bear
                          > > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where
                          or how
                          > > to start. Any help would be appreciated.
                          > >
                          >Thank you for that info...I did send them an email.One of my fathers
                          brothers name was Samuel D, he was born in 1904 or 05.