SANNER

  • Gwen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2008
      I am needing help with finding my SANNER side. My great grandfather
      James Ernest Sanner was born in Mexico in 1859. That is where I dead
      end. How do you find records in Mexico? I do not know his fathers or
      mothers name. I do know from what he told us that his father was from
      France. He was found at 8 years old on the docks in Brownsville,
      Texas. He said his father had died and his mother had died and some
      family took him in and was mean to him. He ran away to the docks. A
      Captain from Louisiana saw him and broght him to Lake Charles,
      Louisiana where he was raised by a family there. He said he had a
      brother about 4 years younger than him named Gustav. When he was found
      by the Capt. he did speak both French and Spanish. If anyone can help
      me I would really appreciate it. I do know that there are quite a few
      Sanner families in the West Virginia area. I have not been able to
      connect however.
      Thanks
      Gwen Sanner Constance
    • Mary E. Conley