Re: Noe family

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 11, 2008
      Could this be your Charlie Noe?
      Found them on census records on Ancestry.com. sheets 6 A (parents
      on lines 49 & 50 at bottom of page) & B(next page lines 51 through 59)
      All sons with exception of daughters Lizzie and Pearl. Biye may be a
      transcription error, it is hard to read as the z's in Lizzie drops
      down over his name!

      Name: Charlie Noe
      Home in 1920: Civil District 12, Blount, Tennessee
      Age: 42 years
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
      Birthplace: Tennessee
      Relation to Head of House: Head
      Spouse's Name: Laura
      Father's Birth Place: Tennessee
      Mother's Birth Place: Tennessee
      Marital Status: Married
      Race: White
      Sex: Male
      Home owned: Rent
      Able to read: No
      Able to Write: No
      Image: 985
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Household Members: Name Age
      Charlie Noe 42
      Laura Noe 42
      Willie Noe 20
      Pearl Noe 18
      Sam Noe 16
      Lizzie Noe 13
      Biye Noe 11
      Leslie Noe 8
      Curtie Noe 6
      Callie Noe 3 9/12
      Edward Noe 1 10/12

      Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Civil District 12, Blount,
      Tennessee; Roll: T625_1729; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 28;
      Image: 985.
      Source Information:
      Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line].
      Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. For details on
      the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page:
      NARA.
      Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 on roll 323 (Chicago City.
      Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census.
      Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920. Washington, D.C.:
      National Archives and Records Administration, 1920. T625, 2,076 rolls.

      Hope this helps some!
    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 11, 2008
        Also quickly checked Charlie NOE born about 1878 +/- 1year for 1880
        census in TN. If the Charlie I previously posted is the same, and his
        family was in TN (good possibility as he married there) then there are
        2 possiblities for names of parents. Joseph & Eliza in District 5,
        Grainger, TN or Samuel & Elsie in Burnetts, Hamblen, TN . These
        families each ave sons named Charlie NOE who is 1 year old. These
        families may be related as many families named sons after parent or
        brother of the husband.
      • Shirley Patrick
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 11, 2008
          Terrell texas Randal Noe ford.

          aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote: No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only one
          aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know that they
          lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he passed
          away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura. please bear
          with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where or how
          to start. Any help would be appreciated.

        • aggietpa
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
            <smgorohoff@...> wrote:

            > Could this be your Charlie Noe?
            > Found them on census records on Ancestry.com. sheets 6 A
            (parents
            > on lines 49 & 50 at bottom of page) & B(next page lines 51 through
            59)
            > All sons with exception of daughters Lizzie and Pearl. Biye may be
            > transcription error, it is hard to read as the z's in Lizzie drops
            > down over his name!
            >

            > Name: Charlie Noe
            > Home in 1920: Civil District 12, Blount, Tennessee
            > Age: 42 years
            > Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
            > Birthplace: Tennessee
            > Relation to Head of House: Head
            > Spouse's Name: Laura
            > Father's Birth Place: Tennessee
            > Mother's Birth Place: Tennessee
            > Marital Status: Married
            > Race: White
            > Sex: Male
            > Home owned: Rent
            > Able to read: No
            > Able to Write: No
            > Image: 985
            > Neighbors: View others on page
            > Household Members: Name Age
            > Charlie Noe 42
            > Laura Noe 42
            > Willie Noe 20
            > Pearl Noe 18
            > Sam Noe 16
            > Lizzie Noe 13
            > Biye Noe 11
            > Leslie Noe 8
            > Curtie Noe 6
            > Callie Noe 3 9/12
            > Edward Noe 1 10/12
            >
            > Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Civil District 12,
            Blount,
            > Tennessee; Roll: T625_1729; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 28;
            > Image: 985.
            > Source Information:
            > Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line].
            > Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. For details on
            > the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web
            page:
            > NARA.
            > Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 on roll 323 (Chicago City.
            > Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census.
            > Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920. Washington, D.C.:
            > National Archives and Records Administration, 1920. T625, 2,076
            rolls.

            > Hope this helps some!

            Lord yes it helps !!! My father was Curtis,and those listed his
            siblings. I guess Pearl isn't listed there,because she died as a
            child.
          • aggietpa
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
              wrote:

              > Also quickly checked Charlie NOE born about 1878 +/- 1year for 1880
              > census in TN. If the Charlie I previously posted is the same, and his
              > family was in TN (good possibility as he married there) then there
              are
              > 2 possiblities for names of parents. Joseph & Eliza in District 5,
              > Grainger, TN or Samuel & Elsie in Burnetts, Hamblen, TN . These
              > families each ave sons named Charlie NOE who is 1 year old. These
              > families may be related as many families named sons after parent or
              > brother of the husband.

              That makes sense to me, as i son was named Sam. I will use your info
              and try to get going as I didn't know where to start.Thanks so
              much..Aggie
            • aggietpa
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
                Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?
              • Shirley Schroeder
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 15, 2008
                  There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the information that I need.

                  I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                  Here are a few sites that are free:
                  www.rootsweb.com
                  www.myfamily.com
                  www.genealogy.about.net
                  www.mytrees.com
                  www.familysearch.org
                  www.genealogybank.com

                  Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                  www.familyoldphotos.com

                  Good Luck!
                  Shirley Lee

                  aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                  Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

                • Dianne Planeta
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 16, 2008
                    Try Roots web and US Gen web.

                    Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                  • laurafitzroyperry
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 16, 2008
                      Are you looking for Charles & Laura Noe?

                      I just sent about 5 documents to someone else regarding this family -
                      (maybe sent to the wrong person!?) SIGH!!

                      If this is the couple you're looking for, I can send you what I have.

                      Let me know. You can email direct if quicker.

                      Laura

                      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
                      <aggietpa@...> wrote:

                      > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

                    • Mary E. Conley
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 17, 2008
                        I have 2 Noe's who married into my family:

                        1. Elizabeth Farler Noe b. Abt 1750; m. Aaron Brock b. 1748 Virginia. They are my 5th Great Grand Aunt and Uncle.

                        2. Velva Noe m. Dalton Edward Jones b. 5 Dec 1928 Bowlegs, Seminole, OK. Dalton is my first cousin once removed and son of Jack (no middle name) Jones b. 13 Jun 1901 in Whiteright, Grayson, Texas.

                        Thanks for any help on either of these two lines

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 17, 2008
                          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Schroeder
                          <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                          > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                          you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                          www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                          them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                          them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                          information that I need.

                          > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                          ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                          groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                          grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                          > Here are a few sites that are free:
                          > www.rootsweb.com
                          > www.myfamily.com
                          > www.genealogy.about.net
                          > www.mytrees.com
                          > www.familysearch.org
                          > www.genealogybank.com
                          >
                          > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                          > www.familyoldphotos.com
                          >
                          > Good Luck!
                          > Shirley Lee
                          >

                          > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                          > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                          paying a fee?

                          > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                          standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                          Riverview,Fl.

                        • Shirley Schroeder
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 18, 2008
                            Your welcome! I hope I helped a little. I really would like to help more people, but I don't have access to information that people need. Good luck in your search!
                            Shirley Lee

                            <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                            > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                            you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                            www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                            them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                            them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                            information that I need.

                            > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                            ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                            groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                            grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                            > Here are a few sites that are free:
                            > www.rootsweb.com
                            > www.myfamily.com
                            > www.genealogy.about.net
                            > www.mytrees.com
                            > www.familysearch.org
                            > www.genealogybank.com
                            >
                            > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                            > www.familyoldphotos.com
                            >
                            > Good Luck!
                            > Shirley Lee
                            >

                            > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                            > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                            paying a fee?

                            > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                            standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                            Riverview,Fl.

                          • genieandruby
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                              I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                              might help
                              http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                              This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                              Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in Mississippi.
                              Hope it helps
                              Good Luck
                              Genie

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                                I did a search for "Charlie Noe" and found the following:

                                On the CFS web site a Ellen (Bunny) Havel sent a message the reads:
                                "dear jimmy, I am your Dad’s cousin, Bunny Havel and Charlie Noe is my Brother-in-law. We both care for you and send our love and prayers for a full recovery.We will be thinking of you."
                                http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=3905&idUser=74574&dspPrintReady=1

                                There is also a Rootsweb site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~kylarue/1894dist28.html
                                which contains the 1894 Larue County Kentucky School Census which shows:

                                No. Parent/Guardian Children (Born Male Age Female Age
                                1874 thru 1888)

                                52 N.J. Noe Charlie Noe M 17
                                53 Rob Noe M 13
                                54 Harvey Noe M 9
                                55 Albert Noe M 7

                                60 J. G. Lee Laura Lee F 8
                                61 Luther Lee M 17

                                Not sure if this is the right "Laura" connection or not but perhaps Rootsweb is a place to look.

                                Finally I found http://www.censusonline.us/browse/NOE/ and from there you can go to Charlie as the first name or any other Noe. This does link to paid web sites but at least you have the information.

                                There were some other websites that showed up but I'll let you do your own search via whatever search engine you prefer and see if you find other.

                                Let me know. I'm still looking for Velma Noe Jones and Elizabeth Farler Noe Brock.

                                Mary

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "genieandruby"
                                  <genieandruby@...> wrote:

                                  > I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                                  > might help
                                  > http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                                  > This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                                  > Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in
                                  Mississippi.
                                  > Hope it helps
                                  > Good Luck
                                  > Genie
                                  >

                                  > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
                                  > <aggietpa@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is
                                  only
                                  > one
                                  > > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know
                                  that they
                                  > > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he
                                  passed
                                  > > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura.
                                  please bear
                                  > > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where
                                  or how
                                  > > to start. Any help would be appreciated.
                                  > >
                                  >Thank you for that info...I did send them an email.One of my fathers
                                  brothers name was Samuel D, he was born in 1904 or 05.