re: Noe family

  • aggietpa
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 10, 2008
      No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is only one
      aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know that they
      lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he passed
      away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura. please bear
      with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where or how
      to start. Any help would be appreciated.
    • Karen Minnemeyer
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 10, 2008
        Do you know if you have any connection to Indiana? I am acquainted with a Noe family in Indianapolis.
        Karen

        Karen E. Minnemeyer
        kamiki1@...
        http://karensrootstobranches.org
        "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."... Michelangelo

      • aggietpa
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 11, 2008
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Karen Minnemeyer
          <kamiki1@...> wrote:

          > Do you know if you have any connection to Indiana? I am acquainted
          with a Noe family in Indianapolis.
          > Karen
          >

          > Karen E. Minnemeyer
          > kamiki1@...
          > http://karensrootstobranches.org
          > "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free."...
          Michelangelo

          > I know of no connection with Indiana. I plan on talking with one
          of the cousins in Tn. and get what info they have.

        • Sharon
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 11, 2008
            Could this be your Charlie Noe?
            Found them on census records on Ancestry.com. sheets 6 A (parents
            on lines 49 & 50 at bottom of page) & B(next page lines 51 through 59)
            All sons with exception of daughters Lizzie and Pearl. Biye may be a
            transcription error, it is hard to read as the z's in Lizzie drops
            down over his name!

            Name: Charlie Noe
            Home in 1920: Civil District 12, Blount, Tennessee
            Age: 42 years
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
            Birthplace: Tennessee
            Relation to Head of House: Head
            Spouse's Name: Laura
            Father's Birth Place: Tennessee
            Mother's Birth Place: Tennessee
            Marital Status: Married
            Race: White
            Sex: Male
            Home owned: Rent
            Able to read: No
            Able to Write: No
            Image: 985
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            Charlie Noe 42
            Laura Noe 42
            Willie Noe 20
            Pearl Noe 18
            Sam Noe 16
            Lizzie Noe 13
            Biye Noe 11
            Leslie Noe 8
            Curtie Noe 6
            Callie Noe 3 9/12
            Edward Noe 1 10/12

            Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Civil District 12, Blount,
            Tennessee; Roll: T625_1729; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 28;
            Image: 985.
            Source Information:
            Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line].
            Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. For details on
            the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page:
            NARA.
            Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 on roll 323 (Chicago City.
            Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census.
            Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920. Washington, D.C.:
            National Archives and Records Administration, 1920. T625, 2,076 rolls.

            Hope this helps some!
          • Sharon
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 11, 2008
              Also quickly checked Charlie NOE born about 1878 +/- 1year for 1880
              census in TN. If the Charlie I previously posted is the same, and his
              family was in TN (good possibility as he married there) then there are
              2 possiblities for names of parents. Joseph & Eliza in District 5,
              Grainger, TN or Samuel & Elsie in Burnetts, Hamblen, TN . These
              families each ave sons named Charlie NOE who is 1 year old. These
              families may be related as many families named sons after parent or
              brother of the husband.
            • Shirley Patrick

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
                  <smgorohoff@...> wrote:

                  > Could this be your Charlie Noe?
                  > Found them on census records on Ancestry.com. sheets 6 A
                  (parents
                  > on lines 49 & 50 at bottom of page) & B(next page lines 51 through
                  59)
                  > All sons with exception of daughters Lizzie and Pearl. Biye may be
                  > transcription error, it is hard to read as the z's in Lizzie drops
                  > down over his name!
                  >

                  > Name: Charlie Noe
                  > Home in 1920: Civil District 12, Blount, Tennessee
                  > Age: 42 years
                  > Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
                  > Birthplace: Tennessee
                  > Relation to Head of House: Head
                  > Spouse's Name: Laura
                  > Father's Birth Place: Tennessee
                  > Mother's Birth Place: Tennessee
                  > Marital Status: Married
                  > Race: White
                  > Sex: Male
                  > Home owned: Rent
                  > Able to read: No
                  > Able to Write: No
                  > Image: 985
                  > Neighbors: View others on page
                  > Household Members: Name Age
                  > Charlie Noe 42
                  > Laura Noe 42
                  > Willie Noe 20
                  > Pearl Noe 18
                  > Sam Noe 16
                  > Lizzie Noe 13
                  > Biye Noe 11
                  > Leslie Noe 8
                  > Curtie Noe 6
                  > Callie Noe 3 9/12
                  > Edward Noe 1 10/12
                  >
                  > Source Citation: Year: 1920;Census Place: Civil District 12,
                  Blount,
                  > Tennessee; Roll: T625_1729; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 28;
                  > Image: 985.
                  > Source Information:
                  > Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census [database on-line].
                  > Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. For details on
                  > the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web
                  page:
                  > NARA.
                  > Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 on roll 323 (Chicago City.
                  > Original data: United States of America, Bureau of the Census.
                  > Fourteenth Census of the United States, 1920. Washington, D.C.:
                  > National Archives and Records Administration, 1920. T625, 2,076
                  rolls.

                  > Hope this helps some!

                  Lord yes it helps !!! My father was Curtis,and those listed his
                  siblings. I guess Pearl isn't listed there,because she died as a
                  child.
                • aggietpa
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
                    wrote:

                    > Also quickly checked Charlie NOE born about 1878 +/- 1year for 1880
                    > census in TN. If the Charlie I previously posted is the same, and his
                    > family was in TN (good possibility as he married there) then there
                    are
                    > 2 possiblities for names of parents. Joseph & Eliza in District 5,
                    > Grainger, TN or Samuel & Elsie in Burnetts, Hamblen, TN . These
                    > families each ave sons named Charlie NOE who is 1 year old. These
                    > families may be related as many families named sons after parent or
                    > brother of the husband.

                    That makes sense to me, as i son was named Sam. I will use your info
                    and try to get going as I didn't know where to start.Thanks so
                    much..Aggie
                  • aggietpa
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 14, 2008
                      Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?
                    • Shirley Schroeder
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 15, 2008
                        There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the information that I need.

                        I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                        Here are a few sites that are free:
                        www.rootsweb.com
                        www.myfamily.com
                        www.genealogy.about.net
                        www.mytrees.com
                        www.familysearch.org
                        www.genealogybank.com

                        Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                        www.familyoldphotos.com

                        Good Luck!
                        Shirley Lee

                        aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                        Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

                      • Dianne Planeta
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 16, 2008
                          Try Roots web and US Gen web.

                          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                        • laurafitzroyperry
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 16, 2008
                            Are you looking for Charles & Laura Noe?

                            I just sent about 5 documents to someone else regarding this family -
                            (maybe sent to the wrong person!?) SIGH!!

                            If this is the couple you're looking for, I can send you what I have.

                            Let me know. You can email direct if quicker.

                            Laura

                            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
                            <aggietpa@...> wrote:

                            > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or paying a fee?

                          • Mary E. Conley
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 17, 2008
                              I have 2 Noe's who married into my family:

                              1. Elizabeth Farler Noe b. Abt 1750; m. Aaron Brock b. 1748 Virginia. They are my 5th Great Grand Aunt and Uncle.

                              2. Velva Noe m. Dalton Edward Jones b. 5 Dec 1928 Bowlegs, Seminole, OK. Dalton is my first cousin once removed and son of Jack (no middle name) Jones b. 13 Jun 1901 in Whiteright, Grayson, Texas.

                              Thanks for any help on either of these two lines

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 17, 2008
                                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Shirley Schroeder
                                <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                                > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                                you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                                www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                                them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                                them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                                information that I need.

                                > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                                ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                                groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                                grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                                > Here are a few sites that are free:
                                > www.rootsweb.com
                                > www.myfamily.com
                                > www.genealogy.about.net
                                > www.mytrees.com
                                > www.familysearch.org
                                > www.genealogybank.com
                                >
                                > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                                > www.familyoldphotos.com
                                >
                                > Good Luck!
                                > Shirley Lee
                                >

                                > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                                > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                                paying a fee?

                                > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                                standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                                Riverview,Fl.

                              • Shirley Schroeder
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 18, 2008
                                  Your welcome! I hope I helped a little. I really would like to help more people, but I don't have access to information that people need. Good luck in your search!
                                  Shirley Lee

                                  <sunshinenbubbles@...> wrote:

                                  > There are some free, but most you do have to at least join. Once
                                  you start researching a lot of the sites take you right to
                                  www.ancestry.com., but when you think your getting somewhere with
                                  them, they ask you to become a member,which does cost. I have used
                                  them, but I have a free membership and don't always get all the
                                  information that I need.

                                  > I have joined a few groups that the people are paying members of
                                  ancestry.com and will do some research for you. Most people in the
                                  groups are very nice and very helpful. I found information on my
                                  grandfather with there help and have made many friends.

                                  > Here are a few sites that are free:
                                  > www.rootsweb.com
                                  > www.myfamily.com
                                  > www.genealogy.about.net
                                  > www.mytrees.com
                                  > www.familysearch.org
                                  > www.genealogybank.com
                                  >
                                  > Also if your into genealogy photos, you can go to:
                                  > www.familyoldphotos.com
                                  >
                                  > Good Luck!
                                  > Shirley Lee
                                  >

                                  > aggietpa <aggietpa@...> wrote:
                                  > Is there anyplace online to get info without joining or
                                  paying a fee?

                                  > Thanks ! I have used rooteweb and a couple more. I'm kinda at a
                                  standstill, but I'll keep going. Thanks again. Aggie from
                                  Riverview,Fl.

                                • genieandruby
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                                    I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                                    might help
                                    http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                                    This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                                    Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in Mississippi.
                                    Hope it helps
                                    Good Luck
                                    Genie

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                                      I did a search for "Charlie Noe" and found the following:

                                      On the CFS web site a Ellen (Bunny) Havel sent a message the reads:
                                      "dear jimmy, I am your Dad’s cousin, Bunny Havel and Charlie Noe is my Brother-in-law. We both care for you and send our love and prayers for a full recovery.We will be thinking of you."
                                      http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/dsp_DonationPage.cfm?walkid=3905&idUser=74574&dspPrintReady=1

                                      There is also a Rootsweb site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~kylarue/1894dist28.html
                                      which contains the 1894 Larue County Kentucky School Census which shows:

                                      No. Parent/Guardian Children (Born Male Age Female Age
                                      1874 thru 1888)

                                      52 N.J. Noe Charlie Noe M 17
                                      53 Rob Noe M 13
                                      54 Harvey Noe M 9
                                      55 Albert Noe M 7

                                      60 J. G. Lee Laura Lee F 8
                                      61 Luther Lee M 17

                                      Not sure if this is the right "Laura" connection or not but perhaps Rootsweb is a place to look.

                                      Finally I found http://www.censusonline.us/browse/NOE/ and from there you can go to Charlie as the first name or any other Noe. This does link to paid web sites but at least you have the information.

                                      There were some other websites that showed up but I'll let you do your own search via whatever search engine you prefer and see if you find other.

                                      Let me know. I'm still looking for Velma Noe Jones and Elizabeth Farler Noe Brock.

                                      Mary

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 20, 2008
                                        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "genieandruby"
                                        <genieandruby@...> wrote:

                                        > I have no Noe's in my family but I ran across this and thought it
                                        > might help
                                        > http://www.fayette.net/carruth/Noe.htm
                                        > This is the same lady who runs the "Just across the line" website.
                                        > Its for people who had familys in NW Alabama and over in
                                        Mississippi.
                                        > Hope it helps
                                        > Good Luck
                                        > Genie
                                        >

                                        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "aggietpa"
                                        > <aggietpa@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > No-one in my family has info re our family background. There is
                                        only
                                        > one
                                        > > aunt left, and her info is limited . We (the cousins) do know
                                        that they
                                        > > lived in Sevier County,Tn.My grandfather was Charlie Noe, and he
                                        passed
                                        > > away in about 1924-25.My grandmothers first name was Laura.
                                        please bear
                                        > > with me as I am new to this group, and am not at all sure where
                                        or how
                                        > > to start. Any help would be appreciated.
                                        > >
                                        >Thank you for that info...I did send them an email.One of my fathers
                                        brothers name was Samuel D, he was born in 1904 or 05.