Retracing my steps: Dyer - Dolloff connection

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2007
      Retracing my steps: Dyer - Dolloff connection -
      http://www.feliixplace.com/genealogy/dyer.html

      Edgar Willis Dyer born 30 September 1867 in Thorndike, Waldo
      County, Maine son of Parris Dyer (Levi 7, George 6, [weak link
      here] Levi 5, William 4, William 3, William 2, William 1) and Alice
      Ann Haskell (Nathaniel Smith 7, William 6, John 5, William 4,
      Thomas 3, Benjamin 2, Captain William 1). He died 3 April 1931 in
      Belfast, Waldo County, Maine and is buried in Thorndike.

      Anna May Dolloff born 21 September 1874 daughter of Daniel B
      Dolloff (Daniel B 7, [weak link here] Daniel B 6, Noah 5, Thomas 4,
      Nicholas 3, Thomas 2, Christian 1) and Asenath Haskell Pendleton
      (Peleg 7, William 6, Lt. Peleg 5, Col. William 4, Jospeh 3, Capt.
      James 2, Major Brian 1). She died 20 January 1916 and is buried in
      Thorndike.

      Children:

      1. baby Dyer born 8 March 1898 in Thorndike.

      2. Sadie Jane Dyer born 30 April 1899 in Thorndike, died 16
      November 1973 in Searsport, Waldo County, Maine. Married John
      Herbert Merry of Thorndike son of Herbert Leslie Merry and Selena
      Irene Raven 26 October 1917 in Thorndike. Four sons and four
      daughters. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DyerNewEnglandRoots/message/1

      Edgar and Anna also cared for two foster children, Marie [Living]
      (born May 18, 1911) and Blanche Small. It is not clear whether
      either of these foster children were adopted. Anna's obituary in
      1916 names Blanche as an adopted child but no official records
      stating such have been found.

      After Anna's death in a fire in 1916 daughter Sadie continued to
      raise Marie in the Merry home after Sadie's marriage.

      Edgar married Blanche Small 19 October 1917 in Belfast and they had
      three sons. Blanche was born about 1898 in Islesboro, Waldo County,
      Maine daughter of James Ira Small (Joel 8, Joel 7, Thomas 6, Thomas
      5, Edward 4, Daniel 3, Francis 2, Edward 1) and Carol R. "Caddie"
      Lawrence. She died in 1965.

      If anybody has anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute I'd
      like to hear what you've got.

      If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
      with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
      would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
      book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
      saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
      organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put
      on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
      selling it to their patrons.

      Best wishes,
      David

      David Sylvester