Hughes

  • Peggy Padilla
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2007
      Searching for the parents on one Wilson P. Hughes, that lived in the
      Spartanburg area of SC. Any info greatly appreciated.
    • kim_donley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
        For some reason this seems familiar to me?? Oh well...
        Is this the one u r looking for?

        South Carolina Death Index, 1915-1949
        about Wilson P Hughes
        Name: Wilson P Hughes
        Death Date: 8 Mar 1927
        Age (Years): 79
        Estimated Birth Year: 1848
        Gender: Male
        Color: White
        County of Death: Oconee
        Volume Number: 8
        Certificate Number: 4216

        This is a census that could be him although it does say Wm P Hughes
        on the listing when u look at the actual census it could say W P
        Hughes
        1860 United States Federal Census
        about Wm P Hughes
        Name: Wm P Hughes
        Age in 1860: 10
        Birth Year: abt 1850
        Birthplace: South Carolina
        Home in 1860: Abbeville, South Carolina
        Gender: Male
        Post Office: Abbeville
        Value of real estate: View Image
        Household Members: Name Age
        Bengt P Hughes 48
        Jane C Hughes 48
        Wm P Hughes 10

        1870 United States Federal Census
        about Wilson Hughes
        Name: Wilson Hughes
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1849
        Age in 1870: 21
        Birthplace: South Carolina
        Home in 1870: Butler, Greenville, South Carolina
        Family and neighbors: View Results
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Value of real estate: View Image
        Post Office: Buenavista
        Wilson Hughes 21
        Lizzie 20
        Lillie 6/12

        1880 United States Federal Census
        about Wilson Hughes
        Name: Wilson Hughes
        Home in 1880: Reidsville, Spartanburg, South Carolina
        Age: 30
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1850
        Birthplace: South Carolina
        Relation to Head of Household: Self (Head)
        Spouse's Name: Elizabeth
        Father's birthplace: South Carolina
        Mother's birthplace: South Carolina
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Occupation: Farm Laborer
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Cannot read/write:

        Blind:

        Deaf and dumb:

        Otherwise disabled:

        Idiotic or insane: View Image
        Household Members: Name Age
        Wilson Hughes 30
        Elizabeth Hughes 29
        Lillie Hughes 8
        Charlie Hughes 7
        Lena Hughes 6
        Leeander Hughes 3
        Samuel Hughes 1

        1900 United States Federal Census
        about Wilson Hughes
        Name: Wilson Hughes
        Home in 1900: Anderson, Anderson, South Carolina
        Age: 52
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1848
        Birthplace: South Carolina
        Relationship to head-of-house: Head
        Spouse's Name: Elizabeth
        Race: White
        Occupation: View Image
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        Wilson Hughes 52
        Elizabeth Hughes 51
        Lena A Hughes 26
        Samuel T Hughes 21
        Marie M Hughes 11

        1920 United States Federal Census
        about Wilson P Hughes
        Name: Wilson P Hughes
        Home in 1920: Clarkesville, Habersham, Georgia
        Age: 71 years
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1849
        Birthplace: South Carolina
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Spouse's Name: Elizabeth
        Father's Birth Place: South Carolina
        Mother's Birth Place: South Carolina
        Marital Status: Married
        Race: White
        Sex: Male
        Home owned: Rent
        Able to read: Yes
        Able to Write: Yes
        Image: 20
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members: Name Age
        Wilson P Hughes 71
        Elizabeth Hughes 70

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Peggy Padilla"
        <peggy_padilla@...> wrote:

        > Searching for the parents on one Wilson P. Hughes, that lived in
        the
        > Spartanburg area of SC. Any info greatly appreciated.

      • peggy padilla
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi Thanks for info. Mine is the one b. 1848.

          kim_donley <kim_donley@...> wrote: For some reason this seems familiar to me?? Oh well...