Re:Looking for Your People-Question

  • jeannarob
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 10, 2007
      Catherine,

      A glimmer of hope, I have been looking for a great
      aunt Sarah Salmon, that married a C.K. Walker in 1861
      for years, well I had decided we would probably never
      find her. In fact some of our family thought that she
      had died and that C. K. Walker had married her mother
      which was also Sarah Salmon.

      Well to make a long story short. I was looking on the
      DeArman line and while researching I came across a
      death record. Jefferson Davis Walker which was
      married to a Elita Esther DeArman.

      Well right there in front of me was Charlie Walker and
      Sarah Salmon as Jefferson Davis Walker parents.

      So never give up just put it aside and maybe one of
      these days it will appear in the strangest way.

      Good Luck,
      Jeanna
    • Kimberly Mayfield
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 10, 2007
        Thanks Jeanna for the inspiration, i have had brick walls since i
        started back in 98 lol i know one day i will turn over the rock that
        they were born under but until then its nice to hear of others that have
        made it thru their brickwalls :)

        jeannarob wrote:

        > Catherine,
        >
        > A glimmer of hope, I have been looking for a great
        > aunt Sarah Salmon, that married a C.K. Walker in 1861
        > for years, well I had decided we would probably never
        > find her. In fact some of our family thought that she
        > had died and that C. K. Walker had married her mother
        > which was also Sarah Salmon.
        >
        > Well to make a long story short. I was looking on the
        > DeArman line and while researching I came across a
        > death record. Jefferson Davis Walker which was
        > married to a Elita Esther DeArman.
        >
        > Well right there in front of me was Charlie Walker and
        > Sarah Salmon as Jefferson Davis Walker parents.
        >
        > So never give up just put it aside and maybe one of
        > these days it will appear in the strangest way.
        >
        > Good Luck,
        > Jeanna

      • kim_donley
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2007
          Thought i would drop a line and see if we may connect. My
          ggggrandmother was Margaret Heath 1836-1920 in Indiana she married
          Jacob Dowers and then George Buffington all in Indiana. Her father
          was Charles Philo Almond Heath Born in NY or IN lived there whole
          lives down around Switzerland Co and Rising Sun Indiana. What was
          your grandmothers name? In 1850 there neighbors on the census were:
          Ardon Heath family who i believe was Alvins brother if u notice
          there is a child with the last name Jones.............KIM

          1850 Census Switzerland co. IN Cotton Township
          Alvin Heath 40 Farmer NY?
          Mary 30 IA or PA
          Daniel 16?
          Margaret 16
          John 13
          Lydia 11
          Alvin 8
          Henry 7
          Ardon? 2
          Next door neighbors were:

          Ardon Heath 50 Farmer
          Sarah 48 Tenn
          Ardon 24
          Clarinda 22
          Climenia 21
          Sarah 17
          Cynthia 15
          Catherine 13
          Angeline 10
          George Heath 5
          James 2
          Matilda Jones 1

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, claire frustine
          <cfrustine@...> wrote:

          > Hello fellow genealogy searchers I sure do understand feast or
          famine What a mess I've gone through I can't find anything on my
          maternal grandfather who came from Poland in 1910, But when I backed
          off I found my Paternal grand parents, paternal and maternal that I
          thought would be the worst grandmother born in Indiana, a Jones of
          all names her mom [a Heath] from Ohio,grandmother [ a Johnson] from
          Virginia. now her father Issac Jones born in Pennsylvania 1852 to
          parents Catherine and Benjamin Jones from Wales 3 children born in
          Wales and great grandfather was the first of 4 American born
          children in Columbia,Bloom county,Pa.. Coal miners, Then I lose the
          rest of his family except a brother William that lived in Indiana
          also [he was the last Wales born child before the family came to the
          USA] Rumors say he got a snootful one night and froze to death
          walking home?? Great grand dad was married twice once to a lady by
          the name of Mary Nowling in Adams Indiana they had two
          > children Benjamin 1874 and Catherine
          > 1878 then Mary passed in 1880-81 He then married my great
          grandmother Ida M. Heath in Vigo county, Indiana 1882, they had 11
          children the last being twins who died soon after birth in 1908 Ida
          raised Issac's two right along with hers, Most of the boy's were
          coal miners like dad, Ida's oldest married the niece of Chicago
          Cubs hall of famer Mordecai Brown,[three finger] Mordecai's sister
          married a Smith and they had family reunions the last Sunday of
          August for many years the Smiths, Browns and Jones how about
          researching this bunch,
          > My grandmother was Ida's first girl and she was also named Ida
          [1889] Ida was married twice but while she was alive she only
          refered to some bad man she dated not to being marriedbut the
          marriage application said she was divorced in 1908 [at 20?] she
          married grandfather Thomas Birkbeck in 1913 in Vigo Co.,In. they had
          one child my Father Henry in 1914, Grandfather was born in Houghton
          le Spring, Painshaw Durham England in [ now heres a mess for you
          census 1866, marriage application 1872, naturalzation record on line
          1872, his head stone 1867, HELP!!!] He was suppost to be married
          also and first wife died in 1905, but was she in the US ?? I can't
          even find a passenger list with his name?? I've been on a lot of
          sites I belong to ancestry,rootsweb,deadfred,plus>plus>plus> and
          the quick look at naturalzation records showed his were filed in
          1901 so if his wife died in 1905 was she here or the UK?? Anyway his
          mom and dad were Thomas Birkbeck and Jane Crawford 1844 and 1846
          > and my 2xgrandfather was also Thomas Birkbeck and he was born
          1808 in Pencher,Durham,England so why would dad be Henry unless
          Granddad and his first wife had a Thomas, Oh well any one that can
          lend a hand I'd be most grateful, Happy Holidays to all ,
          > Claire Ida Birkbeck-
          Frustine
          Individual Email | Traditional

        • claire frustine
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2007
            Hello Kim, my great grandmother was Ida M Heath, She was born in 1864 to Joseph Heath and Mary Johnson, I know they came to Indiana from Ohio, I think they were in Parke county
            or Adams I'll try to find the census records later and get back to you. Ida buried her husband in 1917 and lived on till 1952 after all those babies strong Heath woman, LOL

            wrote:

            > Hello fellow genealogy searchers I sure do understand feast or
            famine What a mess I've gone through I can't find anything on my
            maternal grandfather who came from Poland in 1910, But when I backed
            off I found my Paternal grand parents, paternal and maternal that I
            thought would be the worst grandmother born in Indiana, a Jones of
            all names her mom [a Heath] from Ohio,grandmother [ a Johnson] from
            Virginia. now her father Issac Jones born in Pennsylvania 1852 to
            parents Catherine and Benjamin Jones from Wales 3 children born in
            Wales and great grandfather was the first of 4 American born
            children in Columbia,Bloom county,Pa.. Coal miners, Then I lose the
            rest of his family except a brother William that lived in Indiana
            also [he was the last Wales born child before the family came to the
            USA] Rumors say he got a snootful one night and froze to death
            walking home?? Great grand dad was married twice once to a lady by
            the name of Mary Nowling in Adams Indiana they had two
            > children Benjamin 1874 and Catherine
            > 1878 then Mary passed in 1880-81 He then married my great
            grandmother Ida M. Heath in Vigo county, Indiana 1882, they had 11
            children the last being twins who died soon after birth in 1908 Ida
            raised Issac's two right along with hers, Most of the boy's were
            coal miners like dad, Ida's oldest married the niece of Chicago
            Cubs hall of famer Mordecai Brown,[three finger] Mordecai's sister
            married a Smith and they had family reunions the last Sunday of
            August for many years the Smiths, Browns and Jones how about
            researching this bunch,
            > My grandmother was Ida's first girl and she was also named Ida
            [1889] Ida was married twice but while she was alive she only
            refered to some bad man she dated not to being marriedbut the
            marriage application said she was divorced in 1908 [at 20?] she
            married grandfather Thomas Birkbeck in 1913 in Vigo Co.,In. they had
            one child my Father Henry in 1914, Grandfather was born in Houghton
            le Spring, Painshaw Durham England in [ now heres a mess for you
            census 1866, marriage application 1872, naturalzation record on line
            1872, his head stone 1867, HELP!!!] He was suppost to be married
            also and first wife died in 1905, but was she in the US ?? I can't
            even find a passenger list with his name?? I've been on a lot of
            sites I belong to ancestry,rootsweb,deadfred,plus>plus>plus> and
            the quick look at naturalzation records showed his were filed in
            1901 so if his wife died in 1905 was she here or the UK?? Anyway his
            mom and dad were Thomas Birkbeck and Jane Crawford 1844 and 1846
            > and my 2xgrandfather was also Thomas Birkbeck and he was born
            1808 in Pencher,Durham,England so why would dad be Henry unless
            Granddad and his first wife had a Thomas, Oh well any one that can
            lend a hand I'd be most grateful, Happy Holidays to all ,
            > Claire Ida Birkbeck-
            Frustine
            Individual Email | Traditional

            Yahoo! Groups Links