RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Ancestors from Ireland

  • Clark & Rita Pederson
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
      Chickie:

      You might want to try these two sites for Ireland, If you are talking about
      the Republic of Ireland. Records a scarce in Ireland, so you will need to
      take a look at what years are available.

      National Library of Ireland http://www.nli.ie/en/homepage.aspx

      General Records Office http://www.groireland.ie/

      Both are located in Dublin. The National Library has Catholic records but
      they will not copy anything for you.

      The General Records Office has the Civil Records and they will make copies
      for you. The Civil Records are in books that cover a five year period for
      the whole of Ireland. Church records are by parish.

      The Family History center in Salt Lake City has some Irish records but it
      is very hit and miss but it definitely worth your time looking.

      If all else fails you can contact a regional research center in Ireland and
      hire them to do research for you.

      Good luck I've been there!

      Rita

      _____

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
        I will send this census to your home.

        James came to USA in 1854 and Jane was born in Ireland and came to USA in
        1852 according to the 1900 Warren, Missouri census.

        James born March 1833 Ireland, Jane born June 1836 Ireland.

        Children

        Mary Oct 1869 Missouri
        Charles Aug 1871 Missouri
        Agustus April 1873 Missouri

        Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
        T623 875; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 112.
        Name:James Ryan
        Home in 1900:Warren, Marion, Missouri
        Age:67
        Estimated birth year:abt 1833
        Birthplace:Ireland
        Relationship to head-of-house:Head
        Spouse's name:Jane
        Race:White

        Immigration Year:1854

        Household Members:NameAge
        James Ryan67
        Jane Ryan64
        Mary Ryan30
        Charles Ryan28
        Agustus Ryan26
        John Vantil Nephew5

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
          Oh ya and it says they were married 40 years so that would put the marriage
          about 1860 and they were already in the USA

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
            Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri;
            Roll: T9_716; Family History Film: 1254716; Page: 267.4000; Enumeration
            District: 183; Image: 0666.

            Name:James Ryan
            Home in 1880:Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri
            Age:47
            Estimated birth year:abt 1833
            Birthplace:Ireland
            Relation to head-of-household:Self (Head)
            Spouse's name:Jane
            Father's birthplace:Ireland
            Mother's birthplace:Ireland

            Occupation:Farmer

            Household Members:NameAge
            James Ryan47
            Jane Ryan44
            John Ryan16
            James Ryan13
            Frank Ryan11
            Mary Ryan9
            Charles Ryan7
            Augustus Ryan6
            Peter Ryan2

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
              James was widowed by 1910.

              Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
              T624_798; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 119; Image: 623.

              Name:James Ryan
              Age in 1910:77
              Estimated birth year:abt 1833
              Birthplace:Ireland
              Relation to Head of House:Head
              Father's Birth Place:Ireland
              Mother's Birth Place:Ireland
              Home in 1910:Warren, Marion, Missouri
              Marital Status:Widowed
              Race:White
              Gender:Male

              Household Members:NameAge
              James Ryan77
              Charles Ryan Son37
              Sarah E Ryan Sons Wife24
              Charles E Ryan Grandson3

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                Thank you Tammy for all the info you have found and sent. I will check
                into the sites u sent also. I am so grateful for you taken the time to
                find this info. I know this is a very busy time for everyone.
                Wishing u and urs a wonderful blessed holiday.

                Hugs,
                Chickie
              • Tammy May Dismuke
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                  I am glad I could help. And best wishes also to you and your and everyone on
                  the group.

                  Tammy