Re: [Genealogy Research Club]My Ryan Ancestors

  • Chris sparks
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
      Descendants of Wiliam Ryan,Sr.

      1 Wiliam Ryan,Sr. b: 1740 in Millom, Cumbrland Co. England
      +Atheney Damron b: 1740 in Millom, Cumbrland Co. England
      2 William Ryan,Jr.
      +Elizabeth Damron Father: Michael Damron Mother: Lucy Thomas
      3 William Ryan b: November 12, 1803 in Virginia d: September 13, 1885 in Clay, West Virginia
      +Sarah Hundley b: October 19, 1804 in Evans Run , Marion Co. , Va Father: Nehemiah Hundley d: July 11, 1884 in Clay, West Virginia Mother: Mildred Martin
      4 mildred ryan b: November 1831 in Fayette, West Virginia d: in Fayette, West Virginia
      +jesse hundley b: 1821 in Virginia Father: John Hundley d: February 08, 1892 in Mountain Cove, Fayette, West Virginia Mother: Mary Thomas
      5 Melissa Jane Hundley b: January 20, 1865 in Kanawha County, West Virginia d: December 17, 1936 in Wyndal, Fayette County, West Virginia
      +Simpson Clark Odell b: April 12, 1861 in Nicholas County, Virginia Father: jeremiah o' dell,jr. Mother: Elizabeth Betsy Ellis
      6 Lucille Odell
      +Yearin
      6 Anna Elizabeth Odell
      +Neal
      6 Ray Odell b: March 21, 1889
      6 Emma Belle Odell b: September 08, 1889 d: February 15, 1969
      +Roy Marshall Taylor b: 1888 in Cabell County,WV Father: William Ettor Taylor d: 1935 in Belva,WV Mother: Annie Menerva Clements
      7 Harry Marshall Taylor
      +Pearl Fitzwater
      8 Harry Taylor Jr.
      8 Gilbert Franklin Taylor
      +Helen Mchenny
      9 Brenda Taylor
      9 Connie Frances Taylor
      9 Helen Anna Taylor
      8 Anna Lousie Taylor
      +Addison Crouse
      9 Ricky Dean Crouse
      9 Barbara Louise Crouse
      9 Larry Addison Crouse
      9 Billy Joe Crouse
      9 Robin Lynn Crouse
      8 Nancy Wilma Taylor
      +Patrick Harper
      9 Walter Sherman Harper
      9 Patrick Michiel Harper
      9 Dewey Alan Harper
      9 Mark Anthony Harper
      9 Linda Carol Harper
      8 Robert Stevenson Taylor
      8 Patricia Jane Taylor
      8 Terry Lee Taylor
      8 Tilda Lynn Taylor
      7 Carl William Taylor
      +Juanita Childers
      8 Roy Gordon Taylor
      +Martha Ann Taylor
      9 Roy Taylor
      9 Amy Taylor
      8 Carl Jackson Taylor
      +Clarice Summers
      8 William Henry Taylor
      +Burke Weaver
      9 Billy Taylor
      8 James Edward Taylor
      8 Joseph Charles Taylor
      8 David Leondis Taylor
      8 Daniel Laird Taylor
      8 Roger Wayne Taylor
      7 Mildred Jane Taylor
      +Albert Daniel Sr. Boothe
      8 Trudy Jane Boothe
      8 John Marshall Boothe
      8 Albert Daniel Jr. Boothe
      7 Betty Lee Taylor
      +Howard Jr. Cole
      8 Kathy Em Cole
      8 Karen Lee Cole
      8 Cindy Lou Cole
      8 Betty Jo Cole
      7 Clyde Carlylle Taylor b: October 06, 1910
      7 Helen Janese Taylor b: May 06, 1919 in Wyndal,WV
      +Carl Hugheston Childers b: June 11, 1910 Father: George Childers d: March 1983 in Belva,WV Mother: Irene (Snow Flake) Newman
      8 Susie Jane Childers b: May 20, 1939
      +Douglas David Pierson
      9 Stephanie Jane Pierson
      9 John David Pierson
      9 Mark Douglas Pierson
      9 Daniel James Pierson
      8 Sonjie Naomi Childers b: September 13, 1940
      +Paul Herbert Brown
      9 Debra Darlene Brown
      9 Wanda Jean Brown
      9 Paula Gay Brown
      8 Dallas Randolph Childers b: June 05, 1942 d: June 05, 1942
      8 Carl James Childers b: June 02, 1945
      +Marilyn Kaye Adkins
      9 James Darin Childers d: March 07, 1992
      8 Sandra Cleo Childers b: September 30, 1943
      +Chilton Edwin Sparks b: February 17, 1937 in Bolair,WV Father: Chilton Ode Sparks Mother: Hazel Ruth Cogar
      9 Cynthia Christine Sparks b: January 04, 1960 in Gauley Bridge,WV,
      10 Jeremy Edwin Gray b: October 31, 1976
      +Elizabeth Hall
      10 Melinda Jane Hanshaw b: March 13, 1984
      +Christopher Perry
      11 Cameron Perry b: January 02, 2005
      9 Sandra E. Sparks b: August 05, 1961
      +Phillip Bauer
      9 Edwina Sparks b: February 19, 1963
      +Jerald Flare
      10 Joshua Flare
      10 Jessica Flare
      9 Sarah Sparks b: May 25, 1968
      8 Sharon Helen Childers b: April 18, 1947
      +Joe Cannon
      9 Sherri Lynn(Cannon)Mchenry
      9 Sheila Rhea (Cannon)Mchenry
      9 Joey Cannon
      8 Rebecca Sybil Childers b: January 20, 1951
      +Victor Ray Hayes
      9 Melissa Dawn Hayes
      8 Snow Fern Childers b: January 20, 1958
      +Ralph Johnston
      9 Allen Johnston
      8 Sharlene Kay Childers b: October 16, 1961
      +Eddie Glenn
      6 George Odell b: May 06, 1891
      6 Alferd Odell b: November 08, 1895
      6 Bertha Odell b: May 25, 1903
      +Hitt

    • Clark & Rita Pederson
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
        Chickie:

        You might want to try these two sites for Ireland, If you are talking about
        the Republic of Ireland. Records a scarce in Ireland, so you will need to
        take a look at what years are available.

        National Library of Ireland http://www.nli.ie/en/homepage.aspx

        General Records Office http://www.groireland.ie/

        Both are located in Dublin. The National Library has Catholic records but
        they will not copy anything for you.

        The General Records Office has the Civil Records and they will make copies
        for you. The Civil Records are in books that cover a five year period for
        the whole of Ireland. Church records are by parish.

        The Family History center in Salt Lake City has some Irish records but it
        is very hit and miss but it definitely worth your time looking.

        If all else fails you can contact a regional research center in Ireland and
        hire them to do research for you.

        Good luck I've been there!

        Rita

        _____

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
          I will send this census to your home.

          James came to USA in 1854 and Jane was born in Ireland and came to USA in
          1852 according to the 1900 Warren, Missouri census.

          James born March 1833 Ireland, Jane born June 1836 Ireland.

          Children

          Mary Oct 1869 Missouri
          Charles Aug 1871 Missouri
          Agustus April 1873 Missouri

          Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
          T623 875; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 112.
          Name:James Ryan
          Home in 1900:Warren, Marion, Missouri
          Age:67
          Estimated birth year:abt 1833
          Birthplace:Ireland
          Relationship to head-of-house:Head
          Spouse's name:Jane
          Race:White

          Immigration Year:1854

          Household Members:NameAge
          James Ryan67
          Jane Ryan64
          Mary Ryan30
          Charles Ryan28
          Agustus Ryan26
          John Vantil Nephew5

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
            Oh ya and it says they were married 40 years so that would put the marriage
            about 1860 and they were already in the USA

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
              Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri;
              Roll: T9_716; Family History Film: 1254716; Page: 267.4000; Enumeration
              District: 183; Image: 0666.

              Name:James Ryan
              Home in 1880:Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri
              Age:47
              Estimated birth year:abt 1833
              Birthplace:Ireland
              Relation to head-of-household:Self (Head)
              Spouse's name:Jane
              Father's birthplace:Ireland
              Mother's birthplace:Ireland

              Occupation:Farmer

              Household Members:NameAge
              James Ryan47
              Jane Ryan44
              John Ryan16
              James Ryan13
              Frank Ryan11
              Mary Ryan9
              Charles Ryan7
              Augustus Ryan6
              Peter Ryan2

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                James was widowed by 1910.

                Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
                T624_798; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 119; Image: 623.

                Name:James Ryan
                Age in 1910:77
                Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                Birthplace:Ireland
                Relation to Head of House:Head
                Father's Birth Place:Ireland
                Mother's Birth Place:Ireland
                Home in 1910:Warren, Marion, Missouri
                Marital Status:Widowed
                Race:White
                Gender:Male

                Household Members:NameAge
                James Ryan77
                Charles Ryan Son37
                Sarah E Ryan Sons Wife24
                Charles E Ryan Grandson3

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                  Thank you Tammy for all the info you have found and sent. I will check
                  into the sites u sent also. I am so grateful for you taken the time to
                  find this info. I know this is a very busy time for everyone.
                  Wishing u and urs a wonderful blessed holiday.

                  Hugs,
                  Chickie
                • Tammy May Dismuke
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                    I am glad I could help. And best wishes also to you and your and everyone on
                    the group.

                    Tammy