Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Ancestors from Ireland

  • Tammy May Dismuke
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2007
      Can you give full names and dates(birth and death) and places(birth and
      death). Any info on the death certificate could help.I'll see what I can
      find with my ancestry.com membership.

      Tammy

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
        Please can you do a search
        for the name
        Christina Williams DOB abt 1950 To 1953 She died when she was about 2 years old
        Birth Places Was
        Ballyglasheen C/O Tipperary

      • Chickie
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
          Hi Tammy!!
          This is what I
          have:
          James Ryan born March 30th,1833 Dublin,Ireland died Nov.22nd,1910
          Warren,Missouri Was married to Jane Anderson. No clue where she was
          from or when James came over to USA. His father was Peter
          Ryan...unknown mother. I was given info that James came from County
          Meath,Ireland.
          Thank you for any info u can find .
          Chickie
        • Chris sparks
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
            Descendants of Wiliam Ryan,Sr.

            1 Wiliam Ryan,Sr. b: 1740 in Millom, Cumbrland Co. England
            +Atheney Damron b: 1740 in Millom, Cumbrland Co. England
            2 William Ryan,Jr.
            +Elizabeth Damron Father: Michael Damron Mother: Lucy Thomas
            3 William Ryan b: November 12, 1803 in Virginia d: September 13, 1885 in Clay, West Virginia
            +Sarah Hundley b: October 19, 1804 in Evans Run , Marion Co. , Va Father: Nehemiah Hundley d: July 11, 1884 in Clay, West Virginia Mother: Mildred Martin
            4 mildred ryan b: November 1831 in Fayette, West Virginia d: in Fayette, West Virginia
            +jesse hundley b: 1821 in Virginia Father: John Hundley d: February 08, 1892 in Mountain Cove, Fayette, West Virginia Mother: Mary Thomas
            5 Melissa Jane Hundley b: January 20, 1865 in Kanawha County, West Virginia d: December 17, 1936 in Wyndal, Fayette County, West Virginia
            +Simpson Clark Odell b: April 12, 1861 in Nicholas County, Virginia Father: jeremiah o' dell,jr. Mother: Elizabeth Betsy Ellis
            6 Lucille Odell
            +Yearin
            6 Anna Elizabeth Odell
            +Neal
            6 Ray Odell b: March 21, 1889
            6 Emma Belle Odell b: September 08, 1889 d: February 15, 1969
            +Roy Marshall Taylor b: 1888 in Cabell County,WV Father: William Ettor Taylor d: 1935 in Belva,WV Mother: Annie Menerva Clements
            7 Harry Marshall Taylor
            +Pearl Fitzwater
            8 Harry Taylor Jr.
            8 Gilbert Franklin Taylor
            +Helen Mchenny
            9 Brenda Taylor
            9 Connie Frances Taylor
            9 Helen Anna Taylor
            8 Anna Lousie Taylor
            +Addison Crouse
            9 Ricky Dean Crouse
            9 Barbara Louise Crouse
            9 Larry Addison Crouse
            9 Billy Joe Crouse
            9 Robin Lynn Crouse
            8 Nancy Wilma Taylor
            +Patrick Harper
            9 Walter Sherman Harper
            9 Patrick Michiel Harper
            9 Dewey Alan Harper
            9 Mark Anthony Harper
            9 Linda Carol Harper
            8 Robert Stevenson Taylor
            8 Patricia Jane Taylor
            8 Terry Lee Taylor
            8 Tilda Lynn Taylor
            7 Carl William Taylor
            +Juanita Childers
            8 Roy Gordon Taylor
            +Martha Ann Taylor
            9 Roy Taylor
            9 Amy Taylor
            8 Carl Jackson Taylor
            +Clarice Summers
            8 William Henry Taylor
            +Burke Weaver
            9 Billy Taylor
            8 James Edward Taylor
            8 Joseph Charles Taylor
            8 David Leondis Taylor
            8 Daniel Laird Taylor
            8 Roger Wayne Taylor
            7 Mildred Jane Taylor
            +Albert Daniel Sr. Boothe
            8 Trudy Jane Boothe
            8 John Marshall Boothe
            8 Albert Daniel Jr. Boothe
            7 Betty Lee Taylor
            +Howard Jr. Cole
            8 Kathy Em Cole
            8 Karen Lee Cole
            8 Cindy Lou Cole
            8 Betty Jo Cole
            7 Clyde Carlylle Taylor b: October 06, 1910
            7 Helen Janese Taylor b: May 06, 1919 in Wyndal,WV
            +Carl Hugheston Childers b: June 11, 1910 Father: George Childers d: March 1983 in Belva,WV Mother: Irene (Snow Flake) Newman
            8 Susie Jane Childers b: May 20, 1939
            +Douglas David Pierson
            9 Stephanie Jane Pierson
            9 John David Pierson
            9 Mark Douglas Pierson
            9 Daniel James Pierson
            8 Sonjie Naomi Childers b: September 13, 1940
            +Paul Herbert Brown
            9 Debra Darlene Brown
            9 Wanda Jean Brown
            9 Paula Gay Brown
            8 Dallas Randolph Childers b: June 05, 1942 d: June 05, 1942
            8 Carl James Childers b: June 02, 1945
            +Marilyn Kaye Adkins
            9 James Darin Childers d: March 07, 1992
            8 Sandra Cleo Childers b: September 30, 1943
            +Chilton Edwin Sparks b: February 17, 1937 in Bolair,WV Father: Chilton Ode Sparks Mother: Hazel Ruth Cogar
            9 Cynthia Christine Sparks b: January 04, 1960 in Gauley Bridge,WV,
            10 Jeremy Edwin Gray b: October 31, 1976
            +Elizabeth Hall
            10 Melinda Jane Hanshaw b: March 13, 1984
            +Christopher Perry
            11 Cameron Perry b: January 02, 2005
            9 Sandra E. Sparks b: August 05, 1961
            +Phillip Bauer
            9 Edwina Sparks b: February 19, 1963
            +Jerald Flare
            10 Joshua Flare
            10 Jessica Flare
            9 Sarah Sparks b: May 25, 1968
            8 Sharon Helen Childers b: April 18, 1947
            +Joe Cannon
            9 Sherri Lynn(Cannon)Mchenry
            9 Sheila Rhea (Cannon)Mchenry
            9 Joey Cannon
            8 Rebecca Sybil Childers b: January 20, 1951
            +Victor Ray Hayes
            9 Melissa Dawn Hayes
            8 Snow Fern Childers b: January 20, 1958
            +Ralph Johnston
            9 Allen Johnston
            8 Sharlene Kay Childers b: October 16, 1961
            +Eddie Glenn
            6 George Odell b: May 06, 1891
            6 Alferd Odell b: November 08, 1895
            6 Bertha Odell b: May 25, 1903
            +Hitt

          • Clark & Rita Pederson
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
              Chickie:

              You might want to try these two sites for Ireland, If you are talking about
              the Republic of Ireland. Records a scarce in Ireland, so you will need to
              take a look at what years are available.

              National Library of Ireland http://www.nli.ie/en/homepage.aspx

              General Records Office http://www.groireland.ie/

              Both are located in Dublin. The National Library has Catholic records but
              they will not copy anything for you.

              The General Records Office has the Civil Records and they will make copies
              for you. The Civil Records are in books that cover a five year period for
              the whole of Ireland. Church records are by parish.

              The Family History center in Salt Lake City has some Irish records but it
              is very hit and miss but it definitely worth your time looking.

              If all else fails you can contact a regional research center in Ireland and
              hire them to do research for you.

              Good luck I've been there!

              Rita

              _____

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                I will send this census to your home.

                James came to USA in 1854 and Jane was born in Ireland and came to USA in
                1852 according to the 1900 Warren, Missouri census.

                James born March 1833 Ireland, Jane born June 1836 Ireland.

                Children

                Mary Oct 1869 Missouri
                Charles Aug 1871 Missouri
                Agustus April 1873 Missouri

                Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
                T623 875; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 112.
                Name:James Ryan
                Home in 1900:Warren, Marion, Missouri
                Age:67
                Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                Birthplace:Ireland
                Relationship to head-of-house:Head
                Spouse's name:Jane
                Race:White

                Immigration Year:1854

                Household Members:NameAge
                James Ryan67
                Jane Ryan64
                Mary Ryan30
                Charles Ryan28
                Agustus Ryan26
                John Vantil Nephew5

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                  Oh ya and it says they were married 40 years so that would put the marriage
                  about 1860 and they were already in the USA

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                    Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri;
                    Roll: T9_716; Family History Film: 1254716; Page: 267.4000; Enumeration
                    District: 183; Image: 0666.

                    Name:James Ryan
                    Home in 1880:Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri
                    Age:47
                    Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                    Birthplace:Ireland
                    Relation to head-of-household:Self (Head)
                    Spouse's name:Jane
                    Father's birthplace:Ireland
                    Mother's birthplace:Ireland

                    Occupation:Farmer

                    Household Members:NameAge
                    James Ryan47
                    Jane Ryan44
                    John Ryan16
                    James Ryan13
                    Frank Ryan11
                    Mary Ryan9
                    Charles Ryan7
                    Augustus Ryan6
                    Peter Ryan2

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                      James was widowed by 1910.

                      Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
                      T624_798; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 119; Image: 623.

                      Name:James Ryan
                      Age in 1910:77
                      Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                      Birthplace:Ireland
                      Relation to Head of House:Head
                      Father's Birth Place:Ireland
                      Mother's Birth Place:Ireland
                      Home in 1910:Warren, Marion, Missouri
                      Marital Status:Widowed
                      Race:White
                      Gender:Male

                      Household Members:NameAge
                      James Ryan77
                      Charles Ryan Son37
                      Sarah E Ryan Sons Wife24
                      Charles E Ryan Grandson3

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                        Thank you Tammy for all the info you have found and sent. I will check
                        into the sites u sent also. I am so grateful for you taken the time to
                        find this info. I know this is a very busy time for everyone.
                        Wishing u and urs a wonderful blessed holiday.

                        Hugs,
                        Chickie
                      • Tammy May Dismuke
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                          I am glad I could help. And best wishes also to you and your and everyone on
                          the group.

                          Tammy