Ancestors from Ireland

  • Chickie
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 4, 2007
      I have just discovered that my grandfathers' grandfather was from
      Dublin,Ireland. Where do I start this research at? I have his death
      certificate thats says he was born in Dublin,Ireland and his father's
      name. would really like to continue this research but no clue where to
      go. hope someone here can assist.
      thanks,
      chickie
    • Tammy May Dismuke
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2007
        Can you give full names and dates(birth and death) and places(birth and
        death). Any info on the death certificate could help.I'll see what I can
        find with my ancestry.com membership.

        Tammy

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
          Please can you do a search
          for the name
          Christina Williams DOB abt 1950 To 1953 She died when she was about 2 years old
          Birth Places Was
          Ballyglasheen C/O Tipperary

        • Chickie
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
            Hi Tammy!!
            This is what I
            have:
            James Ryan born March 30th,1833 Dublin,Ireland died Nov.22nd,1910
            Warren,Missouri Was married to Jane Anderson. No clue where she was
            from or when James came over to USA. His father was Peter
            Ryan...unknown mother. I was given info that James came from County
            Meath,Ireland.
            Thank you for any info u can find .
            Chickie
          • Chris sparks
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
              Descendants of Wiliam Ryan,Sr.

              1 Wiliam Ryan,Sr. b: 1740 in Millom, Cumbrland Co. England
              +Atheney Damron b: 1740 in Millom, Cumbrland Co. England
              2 William Ryan,Jr.
              +Elizabeth Damron Father: Michael Damron Mother: Lucy Thomas
              3 William Ryan b: November 12, 1803 in Virginia d: September 13, 1885 in Clay, West Virginia
              +Sarah Hundley b: October 19, 1804 in Evans Run , Marion Co. , Va Father: Nehemiah Hundley d: July 11, 1884 in Clay, West Virginia Mother: Mildred Martin
              4 mildred ryan b: November 1831 in Fayette, West Virginia d: in Fayette, West Virginia
              +jesse hundley b: 1821 in Virginia Father: John Hundley d: February 08, 1892 in Mountain Cove, Fayette, West Virginia Mother: Mary Thomas
              5 Melissa Jane Hundley b: January 20, 1865 in Kanawha County, West Virginia d: December 17, 1936 in Wyndal, Fayette County, West Virginia
              +Simpson Clark Odell b: April 12, 1861 in Nicholas County, Virginia Father: jeremiah o' dell,jr. Mother: Elizabeth Betsy Ellis
              6 Lucille Odell
              +Yearin
              6 Anna Elizabeth Odell
              +Neal
              6 Ray Odell b: March 21, 1889
              6 Emma Belle Odell b: September 08, 1889 d: February 15, 1969
              +Roy Marshall Taylor b: 1888 in Cabell County,WV Father: William Ettor Taylor d: 1935 in Belva,WV Mother: Annie Menerva Clements
              7 Harry Marshall Taylor
              +Pearl Fitzwater
              8 Harry Taylor Jr.
              8 Gilbert Franklin Taylor
              +Helen Mchenny
              9 Brenda Taylor
              9 Connie Frances Taylor
              9 Helen Anna Taylor
              8 Anna Lousie Taylor
              +Addison Crouse
              9 Ricky Dean Crouse
              9 Barbara Louise Crouse
              9 Larry Addison Crouse
              9 Billy Joe Crouse
              9 Robin Lynn Crouse
              8 Nancy Wilma Taylor
              +Patrick Harper
              9 Walter Sherman Harper
              9 Patrick Michiel Harper
              9 Dewey Alan Harper
              9 Mark Anthony Harper
              9 Linda Carol Harper
              8 Robert Stevenson Taylor
              8 Patricia Jane Taylor
              8 Terry Lee Taylor
              8 Tilda Lynn Taylor
              7 Carl William Taylor
              +Juanita Childers
              8 Roy Gordon Taylor
              +Martha Ann Taylor
              9 Roy Taylor
              9 Amy Taylor
              8 Carl Jackson Taylor
              +Clarice Summers
              8 William Henry Taylor
              +Burke Weaver
              9 Billy Taylor
              8 James Edward Taylor
              8 Joseph Charles Taylor
              8 David Leondis Taylor
              8 Daniel Laird Taylor
              8 Roger Wayne Taylor
              7 Mildred Jane Taylor
              +Albert Daniel Sr. Boothe
              8 Trudy Jane Boothe
              8 John Marshall Boothe
              8 Albert Daniel Jr. Boothe
              7 Betty Lee Taylor
              +Howard Jr. Cole
              8 Kathy Em Cole
              8 Karen Lee Cole
              8 Cindy Lou Cole
              8 Betty Jo Cole
              7 Clyde Carlylle Taylor b: October 06, 1910
              7 Helen Janese Taylor b: May 06, 1919 in Wyndal,WV
              +Carl Hugheston Childers b: June 11, 1910 Father: George Childers d: March 1983 in Belva,WV Mother: Irene (Snow Flake) Newman
              8 Susie Jane Childers b: May 20, 1939
              +Douglas David Pierson
              9 Stephanie Jane Pierson
              9 John David Pierson
              9 Mark Douglas Pierson
              9 Daniel James Pierson
              8 Sonjie Naomi Childers b: September 13, 1940
              +Paul Herbert Brown
              9 Debra Darlene Brown
              9 Wanda Jean Brown
              9 Paula Gay Brown
              8 Dallas Randolph Childers b: June 05, 1942 d: June 05, 1942
              8 Carl James Childers b: June 02, 1945
              +Marilyn Kaye Adkins
              9 James Darin Childers d: March 07, 1992
              8 Sandra Cleo Childers b: September 30, 1943
              +Chilton Edwin Sparks b: February 17, 1937 in Bolair,WV Father: Chilton Ode Sparks Mother: Hazel Ruth Cogar
              9 Cynthia Christine Sparks b: January 04, 1960 in Gauley Bridge,WV,
              10 Jeremy Edwin Gray b: October 31, 1976
              +Elizabeth Hall
              10 Melinda Jane Hanshaw b: March 13, 1984
              +Christopher Perry
              11 Cameron Perry b: January 02, 2005
              9 Sandra E. Sparks b: August 05, 1961
              +Phillip Bauer
              9 Edwina Sparks b: February 19, 1963
              +Jerald Flare
              10 Joshua Flare
              10 Jessica Flare
              9 Sarah Sparks b: May 25, 1968
              8 Sharon Helen Childers b: April 18, 1947
              +Joe Cannon
              9 Sherri Lynn(Cannon)Mchenry
              9 Sheila Rhea (Cannon)Mchenry
              9 Joey Cannon
              8 Rebecca Sybil Childers b: January 20, 1951
              +Victor Ray Hayes
              9 Melissa Dawn Hayes
              8 Snow Fern Childers b: January 20, 1958
              +Ralph Johnston
              9 Allen Johnston
              8 Sharlene Kay Childers b: October 16, 1961
              +Eddie Glenn
              6 George Odell b: May 06, 1891
              6 Alferd Odell b: November 08, 1895
              6 Bertha Odell b: May 25, 1903
              +Hitt

            • Clark & Rita Pederson
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                Chickie:

                You might want to try these two sites for Ireland, If you are talking about
                the Republic of Ireland. Records a scarce in Ireland, so you will need to
                take a look at what years are available.

                National Library of Ireland http://www.nli.ie/en/homepage.aspx

                General Records Office http://www.groireland.ie/

                Both are located in Dublin. The National Library has Catholic records but
                they will not copy anything for you.

                The General Records Office has the Civil Records and they will make copies
                for you. The Civil Records are in books that cover a five year period for
                the whole of Ireland. Church records are by parish.

                The Family History center in Salt Lake City has some Irish records but it
                is very hit and miss but it definitely worth your time looking.

                If all else fails you can contact a regional research center in Ireland and
                hire them to do research for you.

                Good luck I've been there!

                Rita

                _____

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                  I will send this census to your home.

                  James came to USA in 1854 and Jane was born in Ireland and came to USA in
                  1852 according to the 1900 Warren, Missouri census.

                  James born March 1833 Ireland, Jane born June 1836 Ireland.

                  Children

                  Mary Oct 1869 Missouri
                  Charles Aug 1871 Missouri
                  Agustus April 1873 Missouri

                  Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
                  T623 875; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 112.
                  Name:James Ryan
                  Home in 1900:Warren, Marion, Missouri
                  Age:67
                  Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                  Birthplace:Ireland
                  Relationship to head-of-house:Head
                  Spouse's name:Jane
                  Race:White

                  Immigration Year:1854

                  Household Members:NameAge
                  James Ryan67
                  Jane Ryan64
                  Mary Ryan30
                  Charles Ryan28
                  Agustus Ryan26
                  John Vantil Nephew5

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                    Oh ya and it says they were married 40 years so that would put the marriage
                    about 1860 and they were already in the USA

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                      Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri;
                      Roll: T9_716; Family History Film: 1254716; Page: 267.4000; Enumeration
                      District: 183; Image: 0666.

                      Name:James Ryan
                      Home in 1880:Bonhomme, Saint Louis, Missouri
                      Age:47
                      Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                      Birthplace:Ireland
                      Relation to head-of-household:Self (Head)
                      Spouse's name:Jane
                      Father's birthplace:Ireland
                      Mother's birthplace:Ireland

                      Occupation:Farmer

                      Household Members:NameAge
                      James Ryan47
                      Jane Ryan44
                      John Ryan16
                      James Ryan13
                      Frank Ryan11
                      Mary Ryan9
                      Charles Ryan7
                      Augustus Ryan6
                      Peter Ryan2

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 6, 2007
                        James was widowed by 1910.

                        Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Warren, Marion, Missouri; Roll:
                        T624_798; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 119; Image: 623.

                        Name:James Ryan
                        Age in 1910:77
                        Estimated birth year:abt 1833
                        Birthplace:Ireland
                        Relation to Head of House:Head
                        Father's Birth Place:Ireland
                        Mother's Birth Place:Ireland
                        Home in 1910:Warren, Marion, Missouri
                        Marital Status:Widowed
                        Race:White
                        Gender:Male

                        Household Members:NameAge
                        James Ryan77
                        Charles Ryan Son37
                        Sarah E Ryan Sons Wife24
                        Charles E Ryan Grandson3

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                          Thank you Tammy for all the info you have found and sent. I will check
                          into the sites u sent also. I am so grateful for you taken the time to
                          find this info. I know this is a very busy time for everyone.
                          Wishing u and urs a wonderful blessed holiday.

                          Hugs,
                          Chickie
                        • Tammy May Dismuke
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 7, 2007
                            I am glad I could help. And best wishes also to you and your and everyone on
                            the group.

                            Tammy