Online Death Certificates

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hello All,
      I've been keeping track of many of the online digitized death
      certificate projects in this blog post:

      Online Death Certificates
      <http://genrootsblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/online-death-certificates.html\

      http://genrootsblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/online-death-certificates.html
      <http://genrootsblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/online-death-certificates.html\

      The items listed there are for: Arizona (free), Georgia (free),
      Illinois - Chicago and Cook County (forthcoming), Kentucky
      (fee-based), Missouri (ongoing project; free), Ohio (forthcoming, but
      available in the FamilySearch labs; free), Texas (ongoing project;
      fee-based), Utah (free), and West Virginia (free).

      Happy searching.

      Regards,
      Joe

    • Peakcat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
        Joe:

        Do you happen to know or is there a way for me to find out if there are
        going to be online sites for death certificates for NYC and California. Most of
        my relatives and my husband's relatives are buried in NY and my father is
        buried in Riverside County, California.

        It would be great to be able to download them, especially since I have been
        looking for my husband's maternal grandmother who was divorced from his
        grandfather in the early 1940's and we have yet to found out where she is buried
        since she became the "black sheep" of the family and there really are no family
        members alive to help.

        Ina Getzoff
        Metuchen, NJ
        _Peakcat@..._ (mailto:Peakcat@...)